Anyone else plan on avoiding reviews and setlist spoilers before seeing a show?

I want to since I'm going to like the 5th show, but I really want to know when they are going on stage and stuff like that. It'll help me plan my trip better. I guess I could ignore setlists and just read basic reviews and watch a video or two to see if we're getting Axl/DC Axl.

Normally I try to avoid the setlist for a band I really care about, but it's not practical for GN'R being a moderator. That holds true for AC/DC now too. I'd have loved the AC/DC setlist to be a surprise at the Cleveland show with how great it is, but alas :(

It's irrelevant for GN'R anyways though, since I'll be at the first gig of the proper tour.

• Like 1

nah, I dont mind reading reviews or even watch clips before going to a show. every show is about the delivery of the songs, something a review can't spoil. every show is different too and you never know how a song will be performed.

I don't feel spoiled by mentions of new tracks being played either: it's still the experience of hearing it that counts.

so I tend to read the reviews when they come. most of them have been positive, and they help to build up excitement, which ultimately makes for a better experience. With this reunion, I take in everything that I can. All the drama, the hype, the merchandising, the tweets.... This is a once in a lifetime experience.

I'll be all over it..

I am always curious about  setlists
I want to see if Axl sounds as good as he did with AC/DC
Looking forward to seeing the interaction and energy now that Axl is mobile
Very curious to see if the band has gotten any tighter and maybe slowed the tempos down
Also curious to see if Frank is going to put in any effort into not letting his drums ruin shit.. The criticism is everywhere. He must have seen it.. 

This band can be great.. They weren't the first 6 shows.. I want them to be.

I'm going dark starting today. I am not going to be back on the forum until the Kansas City show is over. Not going to ruin my experience.  If anyone does however see this post and would send me a picture of the tour merchandise I would really appreciate it. Have a great time tomorrow everyone!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, A_Random_Hero said:

I'm going dark starting today. I am not going to be back on the forum until the Kansas City show is over. Not going to ruin my experience.  If anyone does however see this post and would send me a picture of the tour merchandise I would really appreciate it. Have a great time tomorrow everyone!

I'm with this dude. Have fun everyone. 

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't understand the concept behind this! It is not as if it is a movie spoiler, Luke being Vader's kid, or the results of a football match.

It's actually a great idea. You show up and you don't know the song order, don't know the exact songs, solo spots, etc. You get to truly experience the show and have nothing to compare it to. It would make it exciting. Instead of going, oh here's it's so easy, then brownstone, then etc. You just enjoy it.

25 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

It's actually a great idea. You show up and you don't know the song order, don't know the exact songs, solo spots, etc. You get to truly experience the show and have nothing to compare it to. It would make it exciting. Instead of going, oh here's it's so easy, then brownstone, then etc. You just enjoy it.

SPOILER AHEAD:

Easy

mr b

chinese

jungle

dtj

lald

estranged

rq

this i love

better

coma

scom

ycbm

nr

civil war

michelle or otgm

kohd

nightrain

encore:

dont cry or patience

pc

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

I think it is bollocks.

I'm a Neil Young fan and I can assure you that if I look at the setlist before the show I have a ticket to, it will be different to the show I eventually see.

Glad I tuned in for most of the show last night.  There are still things that could be better but there was definitely some improvements from what I saw. Enough to raise my excitement level back up a notch for this tour. Only one show in but hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

• Like 1