STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

I'm so happy! No words can describe what I'm feeling at the moment! This is easily the best thing the band has done since the early 90s! They just felt like their old selves in every way possible once Steven was up there!! Really glad the guy finally got his moment after 26 fuckin years! I woulda given up a long time ago if I were him. This is friggin one for the history books!! Hope I can get to see Steven and/or izzy at foxborough 

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SlashElvisTCB said:

Ironically section 430 at Soldier Field was full of Wisconsinites, I had wondered initially why our section was kicking so much ass, then found out most of us were all from the same town & just wisconsin in general

It's funny and affirming to read this.  I was a couple sections over from you at the Friday show and when I did take the time to look around I realized I was that "asshole" that never stopped dancing for one minute.  Fuck it man.  No way I'm gonna let my ego (everyone's around me rather) ruin these moments for me.  I cannot wait to catch them again.  Anyone that asks me how the show was I tell them it was a dream come true.  And it was!  If Izzy gets up there with them too I'll be on the next plane to see them!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It was surreal. Did My Michelle too, first time played this tour. Shit man the crowd errupted when Axl announced Adler. inb4 this thread blows up

They were even louder after the first song when they realized wtf just happened haha

3 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Just realise I guess Everyone forgot about what Adler said about NuGuns Members N' Frank. 

Does it really matter? I hope we din't forget what shit Axl and Slash said about each other too since the past 20 years. 

6 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

99% of that crowd didn't even seem to know who Steven was if you listen to them.

Half the people probably didn't know what was going on at first. People talk in between songs. Half the time you can't hear what Axl is saying. The applause he got after Out Ta Get Me showed that they knew damn well who he was.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly.

When I first heard the crowds reaction to Axl's introduction, I was like "Well, that wasn't as loud as I expected". Then after that song I thought "THERE IT IS!" 

+2

This is exactly what happened.  I clearly heard Axl announce Steven Adler in the stream....but it still took a solid 30 seconds for it to sink in from pure shock value....and I had to check, and double check I wasn't hearing things and my eyes weren't deceiving me...lol.  I bet the crowd was the same way.  

Edited by Kasanova King

I actually got teary eyed.  I hope he comes out in Toronto.  So great to see Steven have that moment.  Huge respect to Axl, Slash and Duff for making it happen.  There is no doubt Steven can still play really well and only he can make those songs work.  I kind of wish they would give him Paradise City for the encore.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guigsdaddy1976 said:

I actually got teary eyed.  I hope he comes out in Toronto.  So great to see Steven have that moment.  Huge respect to Axl, Slash and Duff for making it happen.  There is no doubt Steven can still play really well and only he can make those songs work.  I kind of wish they would give him Paradise City for the encore.  

I was teary eyed too man, they should have given him to play Paradise City. 

4 out of 5...

FUCK YEAH! Now we're TALKING!  

I'm so happy for Adler.  Axl climbed up there between songs, Duff was up there banging away with him, Even Slash was smiling.

Holy shit, GnFnR!

• Like 1

i remember how pissed axl was after he met up w steven last time and basically said he wouldn't work w him again.  the fact that they're talking....and playing together.....blows my mind.  is this real life?

Edited by Asdiz