Best Guns N' Roses Album?

Best Guns N' Roses Album?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Anyonr who doesn't feel AFD is not GnRs best album is just being a contrarian.

Eh. I disagree. The UYI albums (UYI I specifically) are my favorite GN'R albums and I'm not trying to be contrarian.

If you took the best 12-14 songs from both Illusions Albums and put them into 1 album then I would say it would be on par with AFD....but as a single album, AFD takes the cake.

AFD is a near perfect/perfect rock album...possibly one of the best in the history of rock n' roll.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

If you took the best 12-14 songs from both Illusions Albums and put them into 1 album then I would say it would be on par with AFD....but as a single album, AFD takes the cake.

AFD is a near perfect/perfect rock album...possibly one of the best in the history of rock n' roll.

I like all of the songs on the UYI albums besides My World, and Get In The Ring so I don't agree.

54 minutes ago, JimmyPage said:

Eh. I disagree. The UYI albums (UYI I specifically) are my favorite GN'R albums and I'm not trying to be contrarian.

But the question isn't your "favorite" it is literally "best".  Those are and/or can be two different things.

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

But the question isn't your "favorite" it is literally "best".  Those are and/or can be two different things

In my case it does mean the same. I think that the best GN'R albums are the Use Your Illusion albums. AFD is a fantastic record but I think that the UYI are better.

Just now, JimmyPage said:

In my case it does mean the same. I think that the best GN'R albums are the Use Your Illusion albums. AFD is a fantastic record but I think that the UYI are better.

And that's why I said what I said originally :)

41 minutes ago, JimmyPage said:

I like all of the songs on the UYI albums besides My World, and Get In The Ring so I don't agree.

lol

I was responding to the OP, not your opinion buddy.  And I'd bet most fans would agree with me more so than you....so moot point.

Edited by Kasanova King

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

lol

I was responding to the OP, not your opinion buddy.  And I'd bet most fans would agree with me more so than you....so moot point.

I'm the OP bud.

Edited by JimmyPage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyPage said:

I'm the OP bud.

As in your original post.  You asked what was the best GN'R album is.  This isn't a thread about your opinion about what the best GN'R album is.  It's a thread where you asked other members what the best GN'R album is. 

I stated what it was and the vast majority of the rock world probably agrees with me.  You disagreed and went on about why you think Illusions was the best album....when you've already stated why in several other posts in this thread.

If you want this thread to be about what you think the best GN'R album is then you should retitle the thread something like "I think Use Your Illusions are the best GN'R albums" and have a discussion about it.

You don't need to answer everyone's post who doesn't agree with you because that's not what the topic of this thread states.

Just my 2 cents but do as you wish..lol.

13 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

As in your original post.  You asked what was the best GN'R album is.  This isn't a thread about your opinion about what the best GN'R album is.  It's a thread where you asked other members what the best GN'R album is. 

I stated what it was and the vast majority of the rock world probably agrees with me.  You disagreed and went on about why you think Illusions was the best album....when you've already stated why in several other posts in this thread.

If you want this thread to be about what you think the best GN'R album is then you should retitle the thread something like "I think Use Your Illusions are the best GN'R albums" and have a discussion about it.

You don't need to answer everyone's post who doesn't agree with you because that's not what the topic of this thread states.

Just my 2 cents but do as you wish..lol.

This thread is ultimately subjective. There is no objective greatest GN'R album, if a person likes AFD and that more sleazy hard rock style they are going to like that album.

If a person likes more progressive songwriting, and songs that go beyond the whole "Sex, drugs, and Rock N' Roll" cliche they are going to prefer UYI and In some cases Chinese Democracy.

Also, I've never heard OP be used to mean "original post" in every forum I've ever been in it stands for original poster.

I've only answered two posts out of the 46 posts in this thread, one because someone was claiming their opinion was fact, and one also claming their opinion was fact. It's your fault for not understanding the point of this thread, I clearly prefaced this thread with "What is in your OPINION the best Guns N' Roses album?".

Edited by JimmyPage

27 minutes ago, JimmyPage said:

If a person likes more progressive songwriting, and songs that go beyond the whole "Sex, drugs, and Rock N' Roll" cliche they are going to prefer UYI and In some cases Chinese Democracy.

I prefer Appetite yet I wouldn't say I unduly prefer songs about ''sex, drugs, and rock n' roll' although admittedly Guns were never my first port of call for lyrics (I always concentrated on the guitars when I was growing up). And you cannot use this seeing as some of GN'R's dumbest lyrics are on Illusion, case in point 'Back off Bitch', 'Shotgun Blues', and 'Get in the Ring' and Chinese has 'Sorry' which is basically the sequel to 'Get in the Ring' and equally to that song in its childishness.  Heck, much of Illusions was written before Appetite was recorded so there is not even a historic progression here.

'The Garden' is about going to brothels!

'Pretty Tied Up' is about kinky sex with some bondage woman (alongside some pithy Stradlin lyrics about the decline of the band)!

'Bad Obsession' is about taking drugs!

The list goes on...

The way you are acting it is as if Guns lyrically advanced from Appetite's 'sex, drugs and RNR' to Dylan, Lennon or Leonard Cohen standards of lyrical complexity with Illusion!!

• Like 2