How do people perceive you?

john lennon

People see me as an extremely shy, reserved and weird person, which exactly what I am. I hate with all my heart speaking in public, like in school when you have to do speeches in front of the class? That was torture for me but I'm a good listener and always give good advice... so they say.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 3:44 AM, Gracii Guns said:

On this forum it's a funny one, because I've got a knack for writing, when folks from here meet me in real life I am sure they think "she's not as witty as she is on the forum". I'm quite quiet, reserved and good at smiling and listening. Occasionally like taking the mick, but don't tend to do it when I've just met someone. I'm one big let down. Can anyone who's met me attest to this? 

Not true at all. I thought you were great company. :)

On 11/11/2016 at 4:44 AM, Gracii Guns said:

On this forum it's a funny one, because I've got a knack for writing, when folks from here meet me in real life I am sure they think "she's not as witty as she is on the forum". I'm quite quiet, reserved and good at smiling and listening. Occasionally like taking the mick, but don't tend to do it when I've just met someone. I'm one big let down. Can anyone who's met me attest to this? 

I'm the exact opposite. I'm a jokester and get plenty of laughs around the crowd. But here it's like I have no personality, I'm not a big internet user so maybe that's it, just seems hard for me to get my personality/feelings across here, sometimes I read my shit and I'm like, geez you sound like a robot :lol: But I swear I'm better in real life.

Chill, laid back, easy going. I've heard people use those words about me. I seem to be able to get along with different types of people more than most. I'm the only person around me that one weekend I can go hang at the rough, beer drinking, hell raising, biker type bars, the next weekend I can hang at the river with the country boys around a fire barrel,  and the next weekend, I'm accepted in the local hoods so I can go hang with the g's and play dominos and smoke blunts. My two best friends, my "brothers", one is a white guy that drives a Harley and runs those huge cranes on construction jobs, the other is a black guy with a gold grill, drives a Cadillac, and as Eazy-E said, money to the ceiling but unemployed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I'm the exact opposite. I'm a jokester and get plenty of laughs around the crowd. But here it's like I have no personality, I'm not a big internet user so maybe that's it, just seems hard for me to get my personality/feelings across here, sometimes I read my shit and I'm like, geez you sound like a robot :lol: But I swear I'm better in real life.

Chill, laid back, easy going. I've heard people use those words about me. I seem to be able to get along with different types of people more than most. I'm the only person around me that one weekend I can go hang at the rough, beer drinking, hell raising, biker type bars, the next weekend I can hang at the river with the country boys around a fire barrel,  and the next weekend, I'm accepted in the local hoods so I can go hang with the g's and play dominos and smoke blunts. My two best friends, my "brothers", one is a white guy that drives a Harley and runs those huge cranes on construction jobs, the other is a black guy with a gold grill, drives a Cadillac, and as Eazy-E said, money to the ceiling but unemployed.

Its the fuckin heat man, you gotta be laid back :lol:. Its that country sun, thats why all you boys talk so slowly :lol:  (yeah, explain Twista).

57 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its the fuckin heat man, you gotta be laid back :lol:. Its that country sun, thats why all you boys talk so slowly :lol:  (yeah, explain Twista).

You got it cuz :lol: I have that drawl too. I've been told by out of town friends that I have a country accent, not a southern accent. I didn't know there was a difference!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Someone really said that to you? Fucking hell, that's rather aggressive. They're probably just cunts don't worry

People have really said that to me more or less in those words. The tone in which they say it varies from friendly to sometimes malicious.

When I was younger (i.e. highschool) comments like that used to really get me down. I don't mind that much anymore because it's kinda true. I am uptight (and a little bossy at times) about how some things are done at work, but someone has to be! I work in a chemistry lab and if I don't make sure things are done right someone could get hurt or we could loose an equipment that would cost a fortune to replace. I don't mind playing the "bitch" if it gets things done... :shrugs:

I also think the fact that I'm socially awkward doesn't really help matters...

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yowza! Easy with those descriptives Len, or I'm heading to wherever @J Dog is stat! :ph34r:

Well bless your heart darlin'. And trust what Len said in the above post. But don't worry, this dog doesn't bite. (well, maybe a little, but in a gentle, playful type of way ;))

• Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 10:20 PM, john lennon said:

People call me Firestorm and I've no clue what they mean. Maybe I can turn things into gold. 

Firestorm? That's a fucking badass nickname... Much better than mine.

Honestly, I'm probably a pretty poor judge of what other people think of me. I'd say "tall" is probably a safe bet for most people... Depending on the situation, I can either come across as loud and confident or reserved and nervous and there doesn't seem to be much of a scientific rhyme or reason for which.

I've had it said "you seem like the type of person who thinks a lot". I sing a lot... people say "You seem to have a song for everything".

I'm honest, but not outspokenly so. 

I'm a very energetic dancer.

You'd probably be better asking @Gracii Guns, @The Sandman. @Dazey. @Axls Rocket Queen or anyone else who's met me in real life...

17 hours ago, Jane M. said:

People see me as an extremely shy, reserved and weird person, which exactly what I am. I hate with all my heart speaking in public, like in school when you have to do speeches in front of the class? That was torture for me but I'm a good listener and always give good advice... so they say.

That is basically me. I am not much of a outward person, it takes me time to open up to people, my mom is the total opposite, she gets along and talks to anyone. 

I am not that spontaneous either, like in school I was not good at making up topics or with debates. If someone says Hello, how are you, I say Im fine, I should ask How are you, but I don't, it just doesn't comes out from my mouth, its not that I am rude, then after 5 minutes I realize that I should have said How are you. 

I don't drink, I don't party, I don't smoke, so people think I am a very boring person. 

I got really good clothes, but I am mostly in my Pyjama and tshirt, I feel comfortable in those so I wear them, but my family judges me, especially my cousins, but they are assholes, for them Luxury items matter, they just love to degrade the person who doesn't have those things, Its my money, so I prefer going on holidays rather buying Armani suits or Louis Vuitton shoes. 

• Like 4

Easygoing, nice, down to earth, fair, intelligent with a good heart. A deep soul. People and hot chicks love me for me. All of that is me. I just wanna play the game so don't hate my ass just cause I'm truthful. I can't play chess or strategy games and I think people see that as a flaw, but other than that no issues in the grocery store, small scaled family events, and pets.

• Like 1

Of course,

Well East coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the Southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when I'm down there

The Mid-West farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

- Beach Boys

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

southern accents are nice...almost as nice as Texas drawls! ;)

Well thank you. Nice is good and all and I appreciate it....but my accent makes Whiskey Rose hot! And she hasn't even heard me actually speak yet!

• Like 1