09/03/17 - George, WA - The Gorge

Estranged Reality

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

Setlist (partially unconfirmed before encores)

Looney Tunes/The Equalizer
McBob: Gorge! Of all the bands in the world, this is definitely one of them...From Hollwood...Guns N' Roses!

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff's Solo - Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Jam+Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell Tribute) 
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Used To Love Her
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Melissa intro/Patience
I Got You (James Brown Tribute)
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

by rockceratops

Used to love her twice? hahaha

This was definitely one of the better GNR shows I've been to. Axl's voice was on point, and he seemed to be having more fun than the Vancouver show, playing jokes on Melissa and Duff pretty much the whole night (he ran straight to his tent after the final bow so Melissa couldn't catch him :lol:). At one point he came up behind Duff and tickled him, then went over and grabbed Melissa's leg and scared the hell out of her, she stopped playing and they just laughed at each other for quite a while :lol:

The clean voice was still there, but it didn't sound nearly as weak as the last show. My Michelle was the biggest difference IMO, definitely had more grit and attitude in his voice on this one. Jungle, Nightrain, I Feel Good, My Michelle, and Wichita Lineman were the highlights IMO. Even Knockin and SCOM were way more enjoyable than usual. The only thing I'm kinda disappointed about is no setlist changes,  I was hoping for Madagascar or another alt CD song at least. But otherwise, great show.

Side note: Ayron Jones was a cool opener, I'd go check them out if they came to my city. Still not huge on Royal Blood though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This was definitely one of the better GNR shows I've been to. Axl's voice was on point, and he seemed to be having more fun than the Vancouver show, playing jokes on Melissa and Duff pretty much the whole night (he ran straight to his tent after the final bow so Melissa couldn't catch him :lol:). At one point he came up behind Duff and tickled him, then went over and grabbed Melissa's leg and scared the hell out of her, she stopped playing and they just laughed at each other for quite a while :lol:

The clean voice was still there, but it didn't sound nearly as weak as the last show. My Michelle was the biggest difference IMO, definitely had more grit and attitude in his voice on this one. Jungle, Nightrain, I Feel Good, My Michelle, and Wichita Lineman were the highlights IMO. Even Knockin and SCOM were way more enjoyable than usual. The only thing I'm kinda disappointed about is no setlist changes,  I was hoping for Madagascar or another alt CD song at least. But otherwise, great show.

Side note: Ayron Jones was a cool opener, I'd go check them out if they came to my city. Still not huge on Royal Blood though.

I caught My Michelle on periscope last night, definitely had a little more for it at last nights show from what I heard! Lots of grit. 

I'm hoping they bring Madagascar to Texas this week, would be great to hear.

one of the cool things about going to the shows is checking out Axl's antics throughout. Sounds like him and Melissa have a good relationship 

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I caught My Michelle on periscope last night, definitely had a little more for it at last nights show from what I heard! Lots of grit. 

I'm hoping they bring Madagascar to Texas this week, would be great to hear.

one of the cool things about going to the shows is checking out Axl's antics throughout. Sounds like him and Melissa have a good relationship 

Yea Maddy would make sense in Texas, would've been great to hear them break it out before those shows tho. I'd say last night's My Michelle, if not the best on this tour, was definitely one of the best. And yea, there's definitely some comradery between the band, everyone jokes around with everyone else, it was funny to see Axl so animated - he was so amused with himself when he scared Melissa :lol: 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea Maddy would make sense in Texas, would've been great to hear them break it out before those shows tho. I'd say last night's My Michelle, if not the best on this tour, was definitely one of the best. And yea, there's definitely some comradery between the band, everyone jokes around with everyone else, it was funny to see Axl so animated - he was so amused with himself when he scared Melissa :lol: 

Don't think we will hear Maddy live ever again. I have a feeling since Pittman co wrote that with Axl, he would be entitled to some type of compensation every time that song is played. However, I could be way off. 

3 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Don't think we will hear Maddy live ever again. I have a feeling since Pittman co wrote that with Axl, he would be entitled to some type of compensation every time that song is played. However, I could be way off. 

It's been rehearsed, it has to be some kind of tribute for Houston, I'm pretty sure it will be played on Friday in San Antonio.

20 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I don't think that's how it works, they can play whatever they want live, but they might have to pay him if they put it on a live album or blu ray or something. That's my understanding anyway...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's great that Axl seems in good spirits.  I don't know why, but everyone seems noticeably happier this leg of the tour than when they were in Europe.  I see Del James likes Royal Blood.  Any particular reason you don't, or just not your thing?

34 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It's great that Axl seems in good spirits.  I don't know why, but everyone seems noticeably happier this leg of the tour than when they were in Europe.  I see Del James likes Royal Blood.  Any particular reason you don't, or just not your thing?

The drummer's good but they're just generally not my thing :shrugs:

25 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

We saw its lyrics on the stage where Axl reads them, and people heard it including one guy on this forum, @Gordon Comstock maybe?

Yea, I definitely heard them sound check it in Vancouver. I'm sure others on the Nightrain forum or FB groups could confirm it too, there were other 'die-hards' around but I don't know if they use this site much.