GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

7 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I might be, especially since I am giving stupid Myles and his conspirators another chance. <_< I think my post got lost in the traffic, but I asked you earlier for entry level song recommendations...something with good bass. :suspicious:

well I dont like Myles or his voice at all but his bass player Todd Kerns :drool: He is hot AND had a good voice. I was blown away when I heard him sing Jungle live. 

Do you like Rachel Bolan from skid row as you like bass player? 

2 minutes ago, Politania said:

wondering if Axl was there too, on the meeting?

Just my theory.. may be way off the mark, but I've read a fair few times about Axl going to New York to record. Seems one of his go to places for that and he has been there quite a bit recently. 

Why would Angus go all the way to New York just to see a show? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

yes I also thought this @MillionsOfSpiders, maybe they were also discussing how to get TB more money the next move re. Axl/DC.

But then again, it will be interesting to see what happens if Brian is really making a comeback...

Yeah, they could be testing out demos and stuff, looks very likely they were discussing future plans from what fernando put.

So unprofessional of a manager to do that imo. Bragging and letting things slip in such a way. 

• Like 1

Izzy tweeted! That's cool!

In defense of Fernando (I can't believe it:facepalm:) I think it was a harmeless mention of a casual talk, because it was made when the concert was in full bloom. It's obvious that Angus is in NYC for something relate to AC/DC and it's becomes a reality that any plan that AC/DC has in the future, Axl is there.

I think the theory about a fallout between Angus and Brian is true, don't think Brian will comeback. Some AC/DC fans are happy with this (like me) others not. I understand completely those AC/DC fans that not like Axl in the band, I bet when they see this picture they will feel the exact same thing that I feel when I see Slash with something related with his solo band: sadness. Not because that band is bad (far from it), because I love GNR and I want them to be together forever amd is not the case.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

oooo looks like Angus was at the show last night. Fernando is teasing us on his Instagram stories.

Man.. I really should get an Instagram account. The only way I get to know all this shit is cuz your guys post it here, so thanks for that. :) 

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for an Angus/Axl collab (but I want it to happen sooo bad).

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 2

Oh dear.  Angus in NY.

My heart sinks at the thought of Axl/DC becoming a thing. An actual thing.  It's just not right.  I understand Axl lending a helping hand and saving the tour, but c'mon Angus.  Axl has his OWN band.  Leave him to it. 

I'll be seriously, seriously upset if Axl pisses off to record with Angus before he records with GNR.  Like, I will question if I still want to support this band if Axl does that because it's such a slap in the face to GNR fans. 

It's not like Angus doesn't have other singer options, namely Jimmy Barnes who many Aussie fans feel was the better choice in the first place.  Jimmy offered to do it, Angus said no.  Jimmy still sings with plenty of rasp, has already been hugely productive with his reunited Cold Chisel, unlike Axl whose band has only just reunited after 20 bloody years.  Jimmy actually suits AC/DC more than Axl does, even though I know Axl did a good job.

Leave him alone Angus, you old bastard.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

On a more positive note - YAY! Izzy tweets!!!  OH, why can't it be Izzy in NY and Izzy getting his pic taken with them???  Dammit.

I like to think that Izzy tweeted specifically because he didn't want people to think that he was in a Starbucks with Duff, Rosie O'Donnell and a redditor who bangs other people's wives.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Oh dear.  Angus in NY.

My heart sinks at the thought of Axl/DC becoming a thing. An actual thing.  It's just not right.  I understand Axl lending a helping hand and saving the tour, but c'mon Angus.  Axl has his OWN band.  Leave him to it. 

I'll be seriously, seriously upset if Axl pisses off to record with Angus before he records with GNR.  Like, I will question if I still want to support this band if Axl does that because it's such a slap in the face to GNR fans. 

I think it'll be good thing. I feel like Axl should have moved on from Gn'R a long time ago.

As far as it being a "slap in the face to Gn'R fans", what was CD-era then? A love tap?

6 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Axl is awesome in AC/DC. Fits perfectly, besides he has clicked with Angus in a incredible way. If Slash is going with the Conspirators. why not Axl going with Angus? What is the point to record a new GNR' s album without Slash?

I love Axl and Angus relationship. I loved every Axl/DC show. I would really enjoy if Axl and Angus record new music together. But under the AC/DC name? No. It's disrespectful for Brian if you think that he is still able to record. I look at it as a NuGNR kinda situation - one man is not a band :shrugs:What is the point to record a new AC/DC album without Brian or Cliff? Why a GNR record is not legit without Slash but an AC/DC album with Axl is? 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

@dgnr because AC/DC has been at least to me Angus, Malcolm and Bon. Bryan is excellent but never clicked to me. Axl did so good the Bon part that for that brief tour that lineup that I loved become a reality.

GNR is a much tight entity to me. For me is Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. Even Matt. NuGNR has Axl, that is not GNR, is a bunch of musicians with Axl.

I'm not much of an AC/DC fan to be honest (just haven't really listened to much, not that I don't like the songs). For me it just feels a bit disappointing that just as GNR were really getting some momentum that all of a sudden it looks like its going to come screeching to a halt once the tour is over. Then again, might be good if they all go off and do their own thing then come back to guns later with a fresh perspective. 

Lol at this point, part of me feels like we are lucky to get something out of Axl whatever form it takes. Axl/DC might be better than him retreating to the Axl cave in Malibu.