GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

10 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Angus just lost his brother... I doubt he's thinking about an album right now.

I know that....don't need to tell me

I turned on Instagram this morning and saw pictures of him at his brothers funeral. I couldn't help but cry a little bit. He looks completely shattered. 

How awful that people stood and took pictures to post to social media. 

Yes, the whole band including Brian was there....lovely to see them together

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

If you say 'Myles Kennedy' six times into a mirror he will appear suddenly and suck all the life, charisma and talent out of the room.

If Slash decided to stick with Conspirators it is because he has nothing else to do. Meaning there is nothing exciting about GN'R. Nothing to keep him busy during the next six months until another European tour begins.

Now Axl on the other hand, he could go to aquariums around the world. He could get hair implant and belly liposuction Or he could just stay home eating Taco Bell while scratching his balls. Maybe just parting with models everyday. Anything except writing songs and making an album with Slash and Duff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's a combination of both factors: Slash wanted to record with SMKC cause he kinda left them hanging with all this reunion thing and he maybe fells he owes them to finish an album that was already ready to record, previous to the reunion. And Axl and Slash probably aren't ready to record something together under the GNR name yet. I don't think it's a big deal Slash will record with SMKC nor I see it as a deterrent for a future GNR album. I don't think it will happen for an amount of reasons, but Slash recording with his band it's not one of them :shrugs:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

About 3 or 4 months into this tour Myles said that the plan was for SMKC to reconvene in a year to18 months and that's exactly what is happening. 

It doesn't seem like GnR music is a priority by ANY of them. Not just Axl. 

Maybe GN'R music is important for Slash and Duff. But there is nothing they can do if Axl is not on the same page

34 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What was the actual news? I doubt Slash will tour with him and commit much time.

You mean now? Meegan was asked in her IG about a new Conspirators album. Her answer was yes. If Slash has nothing to do with that. Why would she bother  to answer questions about Conspirators.

As for Myles, he has been talking about Conspirators new album pretty much since the begining of the GN'R tour. Now it just so happens that Slash has six months off

13 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

You think I'm joking when I say he's got Slash back but I'm not.  No proof of any kind of course, but after what I've read and watched and all the rest of it, it's my opinion that Axl didn't release anything (we don't know if not releasing anything = not writing anything by the way) after CD because he wasn't inspired to.  

Unfortunately, Axl is that creative type who relies heavily on inspiration, he has said so himself, rather than self-discipline.  Slash inspires him.  He always has done.  When Izzy left, that was a huge blow to Axl.  But he survived and continued to write.  When Slash left, it took him years to start writing and singing again.  He even admitted Slash's leaving left him creatively spent.  We can see and hear for ourselves how pleased he is with Slash's efforts on the tour.   So it's my hope that now the two of them are looking comfortable with one another again, music will follow.  

Edit: he was most definitely not in a good place for the making of CD.  So if you think the CD lyrics are bad, it's not because he was happy. lol

When you can make art, people poke you and ask to make art. Holy shit, how stupid it feels like. They are like do this and this, this and that way and they are all wise, and, at the end, I feel sucked, drained and incompetent. I would never ask anyone to make art, it`s too delicate thing, you have to have all your antennas tuned to catch that glimpse. Other thing is to perform the art. It`s hell easy to do some scientific presentation, because it does not make you vulnerable. Presenting own art does, and from more depth it was sucked, the more it feels. It`s more beautiful and it hurts more.

If you can`t connect with source and people are demanding, the result is usually overpolished and overcombinated mix of things you know that worked (in you, or are currently in or whatever). If you are alone and have no one to weave*, it`s even more exposing.

*weave: ancient art of creating with someone, you share your ideas so you can get best of you and your weaving partner so you can`t say who`s idea it is. It`s a chemistry in between people, a kind of dance. You can occasionally weave with many, but having your true weaving partner is a gift. 

When I last gave CD a chance, it left a feeling of grief and sadness of inability to catch with something which mattered and fulfilled in the past. That wall of sound crumbled to more delicate and colorful pieces, but I still miss huge bluesy backdrop of original GNR rhythm section in it.

I would be really curious with what melody would come happy-goofy-soul-on-its-spot Axl, if he and the band decide to go public. I can dance to his smile even now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Mark my words, the SMKC album will come out, no one will care, they won't tour it(at least not for long) and then Slash will just continue with GNR.

I can see that. What I don't see is new GN'R album, not now no ever

• Like 2

The release of The Walking Papers' album in January (I read on another forum that it will be followed by a tour) was the first sign that GnR have no plans of entering the studio at least for the first months of 2018. And even Dizzy is going to release songs. It seems it's solo projects time.

The big question is Axl. Will he work with Angus during this time? No doubt it's a very difficult time for Angus after losing both his brothers, but from the little I know about AC/DC, the mentality is to keep going. That's what they did when Bon Scott died. Of course it's not the same now for Angus because Malcolm was his brother and partner in the band for so many years, but then he had already lost him in a sense, and I think that the idea will be "Malcolm would want us to go on".

As for GnR, it may be difficult for them to work together on an album, as each one of them has his own ways, and probably there are complications with the label, but I don't understand why they couldn't make at least one song, e.g. for a movie soundtrack.

Edited by Blackstar
typos
  • Like 2

I'm trying to found a post made by Gibbo with a Facebook post where Slash's photographer for SMKC said that Slash had already booking the studio in December for the Conspirators, it looks it was accurate.

But he said that Axl and Angus was doing demos for the new ACDC album, and that some people in the industry already heard them....who knows? He talks about a new live AC/DC album, but I have not heard anything else about that.

The guy deleted the post, but Gibbo found a way to capture it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The release of The Walking Papers' album in January (I read on another forum that it will be followed by a tour) was the first sign that GnR have no plans of entering the studio at least for the first months of 2018. And even Dizzy is going to release songs. It seems it's solo projects time.

The big question is Axl. Will he work with Angus during this time? No doubt it's a very difficult time for Angus after losing both his brothers, but from the little I know about AC/DC, the mentality is to keep going. That's what they did when Bon Scott died. Of course it's not the same now for Angus because Malcolm was his brother and partner in the band for so many years, but then he had already lost him in a sense, and I think that the idea will be "Malcolm would want us to go on".

As for GnR, it may be difficult for them to work together on an album, as each one of them has his own ways, and probably there are complications with the label, but I don't understand why they couldn't make at least one song, e.g. for a movie soundtrack.

I remember reading something about Walking Papers. But didn't we see this before? I mean during the NuGN'R years. They would do a GN'R tour. Then  everyone would focus on some other project. Then again another GN'R tour. Are we having this same circle again but with Slash and Duff this time around? If Slash and Duff have side projects. And if Axl is joining AC/DC. Then say good bye to GN'R. I don't want GN'R to be just a part time and fundraising job for them

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't want GN'R to be just a part time and fundraising job for them

Totally in agreement here....but Axl has not chance to use the GNR name without Slash....he shoot himself bringing back Slash if his intention was releasing music under GNR name without Slash.....I remember in The China Exchange interview he said 2 things:

1. He wants this actual line up to last....he saw this Slash and Duff return as something that has a chance to do things

2. He wants to release music under GNR, but didn't know if with Slash and Duff ( I don't see this working at all)

Maybe it's me...but I don't imagine another GNR, after seeing Slash doing a master work with this band.

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Totally in agreement here....but Axl has not chance to use the GNR name without Slash....he shoot himself bringing back Slash if his intention was releasing music under GNR name without Slash.....I remember in The China Exchange interview he said 2 things:

1. He wants this actual line up to last....he saw this Slash and Duff return as something that has a chance to do things

2. He wants to release music under GNR, but didn't know if with Slash and Duff ( I don't see this working at all)

Maybe it's me...but I don't imagine another GNR, after seeing Slash doing a master work with this band.

But if Axl meant it, then they should get together at the end of this U.S. And at least get some demos recorded. Instead we are getting news of Slash joining Conspirators again. And Duff might join Walking Papers again. It's been 10 years since the last GN'R album. And no sign of Axl, Slash and Duff doing another album together

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Mark my words, the SMKC album will come out, no one will care, they won't tour it(at least not for long) and then Slash will just continue with GNR.

I'd argue the opposite, Slashs name is now bigger than ever, of course it will do better than the last 2 albums. This monster tour and all the press are even enough for guys like Dizzy to want to release solo albums, not to mention the Wof single was his most successfull single since Fall To Pieces.

But I don't understand the people who are somehow mad at Slash for doing this. It literally changes nothing. Either he sits around or does that SMKC album while GNR is resting until the next leg. Nothing in GNR world changes with either option he chooses. It also doesn't mean that's the only thing he will do (recording that), we don't know how far the songwriting with GNR has gone, perhaps they are also writing for GNR in that time. Slash isn't gonna record for 6 months.

And as a positive sign about all of this, which everyone should be happy about, is maybe that Slash just isn't interested in recording a GNR album without all original members (or Matt even). What I see is GNR touring once in a while for $$$ while he can be creative with SMKC.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

And as a positive sign about all of this, which everyone should be happy about, is maybe that Slash just isn't interested in recording a GNR album without all original members (or Matt even).

You think this is a possibility? jajaja.....and how this is positive? we should be happy if Slash is not interested in record a new album with Duff and Axl? 

If Izzy didn't appear in a single concert in this tour, you think he wants to record with them? I bet Izzy is pretty happy where he is, he is not interested in this band.

Edit to add: I better go from this thread today....I'm still a little dissapointed and that would reflect my answers. Apologies if I offended somebody

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

You think this is a possibility? jajaja.....and how this is positive? we should be happy if Slash is not interested in record a new album with Duff and Axl? 

If Izzy didn't appear in a single concert in this tour, you think he wants to record with them? I bet Izzy is pretty happy where he is, he is not interested in this band.

It's positive because it forces the band (or just Axl) to make a decision to get Izzy and maybe also Steven back if he wants to do anything other than tour nostalgia style. How is that negative? You really want an album with Melissa Frank and Fortus? Yeah no. The chances of that sucking are pretty good. I imagine even an album by the AFD 5 would have trouble coming close to expectations and not be dissapointing.

39 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'd argue the opposite, Slashs name is now bigger than ever, of course it will do better than the last 2 albums. This monster tour and all the press are even enough for guys like Dizzy to want to release solo albums, not to mention the Wof single was his most successfull single since Fall To Pieces.

But I don't understand the people who are somehow mad at Slash for doing this. It literally changes nothing. Either he sits around or does that SMKC album while GNR is resting until the next leg. Nothing in GNR world changes with either option he chooses. It also doesn't mean that's the only thing he will do (recording that), we don't know how far the songwriting with GNR has gone, perhaps they are also writing for GNR in that time. Slash isn't gonna record for 6 months.

And as a positive sign about all of this, which everyone should be happy about, is maybe that Slash just isn't interested in recording a GNR album without all original members (or Matt even). What I see is GNR touring once in a while for $$$ while he can be creative with SMKC.

I agree with all of this. Slash's image and brand is bigger now than it has been in a long time, so it's the perfect time for him to do another SMKC album and some shows. I don't think they will do a full tour because Myles is releasing his solo album and seems interested in touring that.

I think they just want to take a little break before doing studio stuff or whatever. I don't understand why everyone thinks they should be forced to go work on a new record immediately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

And as a positive sign about all of this, which everyone should be happy about, is maybe that Slash just isn't interested in recording a GNR album without all original members (or Matt even).

This is a romantic idea, but I don't think Slash has a problem with recording a GnR album without them. He did UYI's without Steven, TSI without Izzy and he would have recorded another GnR album in the 90s without them if it could be done his way and Axl hadn't taken control of the band; and of course he's been touring for 2 years without them.

IF Slash has a problem, it probably is that he doesn't feel GnR as his band now -because Axl would have control and the final say on the recording- and he is used to having his own band and doing his own thing. He may also have a little problem with Frank :D - but not anyone else.

Edited by Blackstar
added
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's positive because it forces the band (or just Axl) to make a decision to get Izzy and maybe also Steven back if he wants to do anything other than tour nostalgia style. How is that negative? You really want an album with Melissa Frank and Fortus? Yeah no. The chances of that sucking are pretty good. I imagine even an album by the AFD 5 would have trouble coming close to expectations and not be dissapointing.

An album made by the AFD5 will be better than CD. So people won't be dissapointed, maybe only those fans who want to hear The General, Soul Monster and everything in the vault. Still I don't see why a new Conspirators album would force Axl to do anything. Except joning AC/DC, assuming Angus wants to keep going. 

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

An album made by the AFD5 will be better than CD. So people won't be dissapointed, maybe only those fans who want to hear The General, Soul Monster and everything in the vault. Still I don't see why a new Conspirators album would force Axl to do anything. Except joning AC/DC, assuming Angus wants to keep going. 

Being better than CD is not going to be saving an AFD5 album from being dissapointing because it's not going to be compared to CD..but to AFD and the UYIs. Being better than CD is not an achievement.

And no not the SMKC album..you missed my point. Slash himself would smartly force an AFD reunion by not wanting to record a GNR album without the proper band (if that's indeed his position). That was my point. As I said earlier, whether this SMKC album comes out or not changes fuck all. Not sure how you made that connection.

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This is a romantic idea, but I don't think Slash has a problem with recording a GnR album without them. He did UYI's without Steven, TSI without Izzy and he would have recorded another GnR album in the 90s without them if it could be done his way and Axl hadn't taken control of the band; and of course he's been touring for 2 years without them.

IF Slash has a problem, it probably is that he doesn't feel GnR as his band now -because Axl would have control and the final say on the recording- and he is used to having his own band and doing his own thing. He may also have a little problem with Frank :D - but not anyone else.

Fortus is not half the songwritet Izzy is, he hates synths, and now they have a fucking member dedicated to those in the band. Franks drumming, he doesn't see the need for a keyboardist in his bands (Dizzy, though he's the least worry). And this is not just any other old GNR or covers album, but GNRs comeback after 20 years. And no Izzy or Stevens drumming..many reasons for him to not want to do an album now. I don't think the UYI or Spaghetti situation is comparable to this one. Didn't really matter if Izzy was on a covers album, and they had no choice with the Steven situation.

• Like 1