GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

@killuridols This makes me question, in how distorted world you live in that you developed this point of view... Someone can be harsh honest and loyal and there are people, who are blind for it and will search for side incentive or for some reason deny it. 

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I really don't remember what the question was, for her to give that answer, but is there a chance that she could be talking as an observer of Axl's behavior, from an external point of view?

Because if she says Axl is loyal but he cut her out of his life, that would make her look bad! It would imply that she is not the loyal one, or that she betrayed him :shrugs:

Well, that's the only explanation I could find for her saying such thing.

She didn't say it as a reply to a question.

There was a bit about The Sex Pistols and her days with them, and then the conversation went:

Interviewer: I think Guns wouldn’t have existed without The Sex Pistols.

Arlett: Probably not, but Axl, it’s his attitude, he’s like that on and off stage; he’s not a different person.

Interviewer: ... I just think it’s just who he is. And I respect him for sticking to –no pun intended- his guns when it comes to who he is and what he wants to do in his life.

Arlett: Oh, absolutely... You know, to be fair to Axl, of anybody in the band, Axl is the most loyal person of anybody I’ve ever met. That I have to say. There’s nobody more loyal to his friends, people that stick by him or do things for him; he’s the most loyal person I’ve known.

Interviewer: I think Vicky even told us that too.

Arlett: Yeah. He is unbelievably loyal to people.

• Like 1

Oh wow Thank you @Blackstar!! :headbang:

There it is... she says it clearly!! She's talking about what she's observed of him with other people; not particularly talking about her relationship with him.

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Interviewer: ... I just think it’s just who he is. And I respect him for sticking to –no pun intended- his guns when it comes to who he is and what he wants to do in his life.

Arlett: Oh, absolutely... You know, to be fair to Axl, of anybody in the band, Axl is the most loyal person of anybody I’ve ever met. That I have to say. There’s nobody more loyal to his friends, people that stick by him or do things for him; he’s the most loyal person I’ve known.

27 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Can we all please try and leave ANY personal attacks, allusions and accusations out of our discussions?! If someone disagrees with someone else it is fine because we're here to discuss. A more neutral and non-judgemental tone would be highly appreciated, at least from my side. Thanks.

I agree with you...which is exactly the reason for the preamble to my earlier post.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

nterviewer: I think Guns wouldn’t have existed without The Sex Pistols.

Arlett: Probably not, but Axl, it’s his attitude, he’s like that on and off stage; he’s not a different person.

Interviewer: I think Vicky even told us that too.

Arlett: Yeah. He is unbelievably loyal to people.

Thank you @Blackstar for this. The Sex Pistols attitude, very much in Axl, at least 25 years ago.

Bon Jovi will enter next year to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Richie Sambora and John Bon Jovi promised to Rolling Stone they will be there together.....

I have a question...Axl is in the RNRHOF? even when he asked not to even mention his name in the induction?

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I have a question...Axl is in the RNRHOF? even when he asked not to even mention his name in the induction?

Technically I don't know..... but I assume he must not be, since he asked not to be there and it would be bad to force him to an induction, I guess :shrugs:

9 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Thank you @Blackstar for this. The Sex Pistols attitude, very much in Axl, at least 25 years ago.

Bon Jovi will enter next year to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Richie Sambora and John Bon Jovi promised to Rolling Stone they will be there together.....

Nice segway @Georgina Arriaga....thank you. 

I'm not sure on that? I would think it's a band thing, GnR was inducted hence the members of that said band...& Axl was part of the band.

I'm not a 100% though. I don't remember because it was so long ago.

update: I just did a quick RRHF inquiry, & yes it is GnR that was inducted....members & all. Ditzzy & Matt are included.The largest stink was Axl attending the induction.....& we all know how that turned out. 

Edited by Mararoyce

11 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I believe he is inducted into the RNRHOF but I cannot for the life of me recall where I read this.  I'm sure @Blackstar will come to our rescue again! ^^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I'm not sure on that? I would think it's a band thing, GnR was inducted hence the members of that said band...& Axl was part of the band.

I'm not a 100% though. I don't remember because it was so long ago.

I was reading, he was not the only one who rejected the induction, the Sex Pistols (again) sent a letter made in towel paper were they said no way..we don't want that......Radiohead the same....and I completely see their point.....is Rock N Roll....Hall of Fame? 

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1

Not thinking Axl is loyal = Axl is the devil. Got it.

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

As for the loyalty, Axl visited Steven in the hospital and he hung out with Duff when he was recovering, I believe. Something about mountainbiking together springs to mind, if I'm not mistaken.

Definitely. When I think of all the people that Axl has remained loyal to, Steven tops the list. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure why everyone is attacking Killuridols when I was the one who asked about the loyalty statement, not her. And I think Killuridols is correct that people mean generous, not loyal. Loyalty means you stick by somebody through thick and thin and that doesn't fit with Axl's behavior.

Axl's incredibly generous when he feels like you are 100% loyal and serving to him but the moment he doesn't, you're cut out of his life. (Marc Canter is a good example of that) That's not loyalty in my opinion. If you guys disagree, that's fine. But there is no reason to attack somebody over it.

Edited by Zoot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Zoot said:

I'm not sure why everyone is attacking Killuridols when I was the one who asked about the loyalty statement, not her. And I think Killuridols is correct that people mean generous, not loyal. Loyalty means you stick by somebody through thick and thin and that doesn't fit with Axl's behavior.

Axl's incredibly generous when he feels like you are 100% loyal and serving to him but the moment he doesn't, you're cut out of his life. (Marc Canter is a good example of that) That's not loyalty in my opinion. If you guys disagree, that's fine. But there is no reason to attack somebody over it.

Axl was generous with Steven and he not feel Steven  was loyal with he...