GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It’s exactly for this reason...

Plus he would have to drag up all the ill feelings he had about Slash and that’s water under the bridge now...not saying I wouldn’t read it because I most definitely would do but I like that Axl doesn’t put his whole life on social media and out there in book etc...sometimes it pisses me off haha but I also respect it. 

Me too, is ambiguous feeling, i want and don't want...:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

We don't know a single thing about his tastes (we know that he doesn't like to celebrate birthdays, per Andrei), even we don't know if he has a lady in his life!...that is fascinating in this era of knowing all throught social media...and of course piss me off!

we really dont even know what are his hobbies... why he named his kitties as he did :lol: What is his fav food... color... simple things. :shrugs:

3 hours ago, Politania said:

we really dont even know what are his hobbies... why he named his kitties as he did :lol: What is his fav food... color... simple things. :shrugs:

He is a firefighter in his spare time and he likes Ferrari’s....One cat is named after the TV show Dexter....he likes pizza, burgers, steak, chinese food and donuts and his favourite flavour of cough medicine is cherry...:lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Haha 3

Nice question, @Tori72, I wonder about that too. I agree with what you have said and also the girls points of view. From my experience every time I say GNR is one of my favourite bands I usually get a frown :P While people admit they have good songs and there's love for PC, SCOM, NR, Jungle or Patience, they end up saying to me 'Slash is overrated' (me reacting with a polite version of 'how dare you, you SOB?' and explaining why Slash is god, of course :max:), 'Too bad they were junkies' and the always present 'Axl is a diva', 'Axl is full of botox', 'Axl is a wife beater', 'I hate Axl's personality' or, my favourite, 'Axl sings from the nose'. Guess these could be some of the reasons, they're always mocked by rock fans in general :cry:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He is a firefighter in his spare time and he likes Ferrari’s....One cat is named after the TV show Dexter....he likes pizza, burgers, steak, chinese food and donuts and his favourite flavour of cough medicine is cherry...:lol:

And tacos from Taco Bell, don't forget that :P I'd like to add that his favourite sport is telling stories about Slash to intelligent models and Grandpa Angus. We also know that :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

His favourite colour is purple and he likes to pretend he's his own cat on Twitter. He sleeps naked only with his white socks on and his usual time to tweet is between 9 and 10 am once every 3 months. He knows how to cook sausages and has no idea that young girls on Instagram want to rub his belly:devilshades:

LOL :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: I guess he can understand some portuguese by now, so he probably knows :lol:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Agree. He has fight for his privacy and that mistery is fascinating to watch. 

Why is it fascinating? I dont find it fascinating :shrugs:

I wouldn't like for him to use Twitter for stupid shit, it is enough the BS he posts about politics, but I'd love for him to give interviews like the 90s ones. Those in-depth interviews, not necessarily about his private life, but about what he thinks of the world, of some social issues, etc.

That wouldn't hurt him at all. On the contrary, it would definitely help him clean his image.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

He knows how to cook sausages and has no idea that young girls on Instagram want to rub his belly. :devilshades:

:scared:

:vomit:

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

His favourite colour is purple and he likes to pretend he's his own cat on Twitter. He sleeps naked only with his white socks on and his usual time to tweet is between 9 and 10 am once every 3 months. He knows how to cook sausages and has no idea that young girls on Instagram want to rub his belly. :devilshades:

Really? He tweets at that time usually? He doesn't sleep at day?

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

His favourite colour is purple and he likes to pretend he's his own cat on Twitter. He sleeps naked only with his white socks on and his usual time to tweet is between 9 and 10 am once 3 months. He knows how to cook sausages and has no idea that young girls on Instagram want to rub his belly. :devilshades:

Really? He tweets at that time usually? He doesn't sleep at day?

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

2 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Pretty sure that's this guy on the right with Izzy.

JbcUGwG.png

Guess he knows all the GNR guys. He's very talented. :)

Yes, that's him, thanks for that info! I love his little drawing of Izzy, I wonder if he has any more Izzy portraits.

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@MillionsOfSpiders wowzers! i just had a look at some of his stuff, it's amazing. Do you have any idea how much sells for?

No idea but I guess it's a fair bit :lol: He has some very cool Slash portraits, I love the one that is kind of a caricature with the hair all over the place! 

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No idea but I guess it's a fair bit :lol: He has some very cool Slash portraits, I love the one that is kind of a caricature with the hair all over the place! 

Just checked some prices :wow: about a grand for a print and £10,000+ for an original. I guess Santa won't be getting me one for xmas :no:

• Haha 2

There`s insane amount of hours in those (or a team work), they must be huge regarding to detail. Simple A4 pencil portrait is 10+ hours of work. 

Yet I love when there is something in the portrait a photography can`t truly pick, I don`t know if it`s imperfection... or I rather guess a point of view of an artist has onto portraited one. Another layer which was there, artist just made it visible. Dynamics done by strokes. Anything... I don`t want complete photo-realism. The Syd one was interesting to say - and some in the gallery are great, too. 

Regarding size of my apartment, I guess Baby Jesus (or whoever) won`t bring me it anyway, it would be me or picture.

• Like 1

Yeah, Sebastian Kruger. His paintings are  huge and he paints celebrities in photorealistic. That looks stunning. Sometimes he manages to capture a piece of the person‘s personality, that’s when his pictures become really interesting. For the most part I think his work gets old quickly. I like one portrait he did of Michael Jackson and one other of Keith.

The pic with Izzy at the exhibition must be around 2008. I love how Izzy is showing the inside of the book with Kruger’s signature and Izzy’s caricature. He must like it. :)

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’m a little bored atm :unsure: went searching around Instagram and found this artist and I thought his work is really great, I see Slash is following too and I think he is the guy who did the Sid Vicious painting Slash gave to Duff, he has that same painting on his profile...I really think this is amazing 

He tagged Slash :lol: 

He has some really cool portraits on his page. 

At first i thought it was photo 😮😮😮😮

What a talent ❤

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 4:52 AM, Tori72 said:

Or it has to do with me not liking or valuing those covers as important or influential? Pat Boone’s cover is hurting my ears, for example. Never heard a good SCOM cover in my life. Am I alone with this?

Nope not alone. Sheryl Crowe completely murdered SCOM....😱😱😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1