GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

lol, well it was from '93 so things were pretty strained then. They were playing Nice Boys. Axl was really on his game at this gig (Hartford '93) :slash::axl92:

Oh, I dunno why I saw that guy looking like Steven, not like Matt :facepalm:

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

I agree they shouldn't respond to Steven, but not because he is a joke as you say and the rest of your belittling comments. They shouldn't respond to him because they know better than anyone else that this is a business and that promotion is part of it. Steven is doing promotion and of course, he needs some noise for it. That's also his style, so take him or leave him.

When Axl was promoting his nuGNR he also put himself out there, biting security guards, calling people cancers and fighting with Tommy Hilfiger (:lol: :facepalm:). All of them have moaned, complained, sling mud and praised-hated each other according to their needs of promotion or whatever legal battle they were going through.

I don't see anything bad with the article. It just depicts Steven's personality. None of it tells me the interviewer is biased or anything.

Also agree that most people don't take this personally, only the Axl nutsswingers in forums like this. I'm sure Steven will sell his show well and it's gonna be successful for him and his band.

I don't want Steven to shut up. I'm not up for censoring of any kind. If some people don't like him, then ignore him and don't read him or don't follow his news. It is that simple. Calling him retarded and criticizing every word he says will not get them a free ticket to the NITL show, a backstage pass or an invite to Axl's bed :lol:

Jesus, why be that way? I see you still haven't mastered discussing only GNR. You still have to attack and ridicule other posters to get your point across.

Wanting someone to shut up doesn't mean censorship. He's not saying anything new, is he? He's not making any revelation. He's not saying what went down. He's just repeating how he should be there and how unfair and selfish the others are. People grow tired of that. Not wanting to hear the same thing/complaint hundreds of times does not equal censorship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Jesus, why be that way? I see you still haven't mastered discussing only GNR. You still have to attack and ridicule other posters to get your point across.

Please tell me the exact part of my post where I "attack you and ridicule you to get my point across". Please, I need to understand why you always feel attacked by me, when I have not had this intention at all when replying to you.

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Axl had taken part in a few jams like that -together with Slash in most of them- in clubs in 1989, when the band was off the road. Duff was there too in this one:

In one he was with Izzy (in NY with The Cult) but it was like a private party.

Is that the band who Niven managed and didn’t like that they were overshadowed by AC/DC? 

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I wasn't talking about myself, not this time anyway :P It's because of you calling other posters Axl nutswingers that hope to get backstage passes or whatever. I find that utterly demeaning and unnecessary. I don't think I've seen anyone calling you a Steven nutswinger that hopes to get whatever from Steven by supporting him here. Same with the Izzy girls. By calling posters Axl nutswingers, you're invalidating their opinions on just about anything, and that's what bothers me.

Sorry, I can only speak for myself. It is hard to see what is so amazing about Axl/GN'R these days. Maybe it's a matter of half full, half empty glass. Well for me it's half empty for many reasons

• Like 1

Its from 93.. near to slash is gilby.. 93 was the worst year of duff the problems of drugs and alcohol it was in his face...i still remember an interview in mtv that year where he was in a real bad situation. It was a weekend dedicated to GNR. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lio said:

I wasn't talking about myself, not this time anyway :P It's because of you calling other posters Axl nutswingers that hope to get backstage passes or whatever. I find that utterly demeaning and unnecessary. I don't think I've seen anyone calling you a Steven nutswinger that hopes to get whatever from Steven by supporting him here. Same with the Izzy girls. By calling posters Axl nutswingers, you're invalidating their opinions on just about anything, and that's what bothers me.

I'm sorry my brutal honesty bothers you, I have bad news for you: I won't change.

I like calling a spade a spade. It is what it is and if I talk about the Axl nutsswingers is because they do exist, they operate in this forum and they are the main people who trash Steven and anyone who "touches" their beloved Axl, who never does any wrong.

Take as an example the latest Steven thread in the D&N section. Go there and read the festival of Steven haters trashing his new endeavor. It is always the same people, post after post. Steven can't do anything right (in their eyes), not even start his own band or go on tour by himself, because he's the Axl's enemy for eternity.

Probably no one labels me an Steven nutswinger because I try to come off as much balanced as I can when I play a defense of his cause. The people I call Axl's nutswinger can't ever see beyond Axl's dick, no matter what, who, how or where, you can't ever reason with them or understand why someone would be willing to justify even domestic violence in order to defend him. And that's just one example, there's a long list of indefensible things that always come up during discussions and debates that makes you doubt about that person's morals and principles.

From now on, I advice you that if you still don't like my responses then don't quote me and don't enter on debates with me. I'm also tired (in reference to your previous post) of your constant complaining about the way I post, and believe me that I'm up to here with some posters too, but I try to ignore them as much as I can or just shake my head at them in the intimacy of my room.

Edited by killuridols

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is that the band who Niven managed and didn’t like that they were overshadowed by AC/DC? 

Yeah, that's them. I remember when Niven said that but I didn't know he managed them. 

The GnR guys liked them too though. They had played the song Marseilles in '88 with Duff on vocals and Axl played it in 2014 as tribute to their singer who had passed. I think it was also on the setlist for the Australian leg of NITL.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry my brutal honesty bothers you, I have bad news for you: I won't change.

I like calling a spade a spade. It is what it is and if I talk about the Axl nutsswingers is because they do exist, they operate in this forum and they are the main people who trash Steven and anyone who "touches" their beloved Axl, who never does any wrong.

Take as an example the latest Steven thread in the D&N section. Go there and read the festival of Steven haters trashing his new endeavor. It is always the same people, post after post. Steven can't do anything right (in their eyes), not even start his own band or go on tour by himself, because he's the Axl's enemy for eternity.

Probably no one labels me an Steven nutswinger because I try to come off as much balanced as I can when I play a defense of his cause. The people I call Axl's nutswinger can't ever see beyond Axl's dick, no matter what, who, how or where, you can't ever reason with them or understand why someone would be willing to justify even domestic violence in order to defend him. And that's just one example, there's a long list of indefensible things that always come up during discussions and debates that makes you doubt about that person's morals and principles.

From now on, I advice you that if you still don't like my responses then don't quote me and don't enter on debates with me. I'm also tired (in reference to your previous post) of your constant complaining about the way I post, and believe me that I'm up to here with some posters, but I try to ignore them as much as I can or just shake my head at them.

:D You are stubborn. And accusing people of things you do yourself. You complain about Axl every single day. Can't remember the last time you said anything remotely positive about him. Must suck to be a GNR fan for you.

I don't need your advice, thank you very much. I've hardly been on here the past few weeks, so I think my 'constant complaining' about you has been a whole lot less than your constant bashing of Axl and other posters around here over the past two years :shrugs:

Sorry for quoting you again. I know you always want to have the last word :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lio said:

@killuridolsThis is what you do with Axl day after day...sorry to say...and you like to call names to other posters that simply don't agree with you....

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 2

For me Axl hold the band in years that all other members have serious problems with drugs and they couldnt give a serious interview they couldnt even speak..but the truth is that he was the main reason that other members left. Probably he wasnt able to handled all this publicity plus the problems with his depression. For steven although met him and he is very friendly guy..icannot take him seriously... He said many controversial things about his old bandmates blamed them for many things and from the other hand call them brothers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

This is what you do with Axl day after day...sorry to say...and you like to call names to other posters that simply don't agree with you....

I quess you quoted wrong person. " Take as an example the latest Steven thread in the D&N section. Go there and read the festival of Steven haters trashing his new endeavor. It is always the same people, post after post. Steven can't do anything right (in their eyes), not even start his own band or go on tour by himself, because he's the Axl's enemy for eternity. " that was said by killuridols , not Lio

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

If I post something positive about him, please refer to me as an Axlite. If negative, I guess I'm all good :lol: 

I don't have a problem with people posting positive things about Axl. I have a problem with people who are blind. I think we all can say positive things about friends, relatives, boyfriends or co workers. I'm also sure all of us sometimes have arguments or disagreements with loveones. Why Axl has to be the exception?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Padme said:

I don't have a problem with people posting positive things about Axl. I have a problem with people who are blind. I think we all can say positive things about friends, relatives, boyfriends or co workers. I'm also sure all of us sometimes have arguments or disagreements with loveones. Why Axl has to be the exception?

Is he the exception, though? Not in this thread at least, I don't see all of these blind posters here who can't accept anything negative about him. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Lio said:

:D You are stubborn. And accusing people of things you do yourself. You complain about Axl every single day. Can't remember the last time you said anything remotely positive about him. Must suck to be a GNR fan for you.

I don't need your advice, thank you very much. I've hardly been on here the past few weeks, so I think my 'constant complaining' about you has been a whole lot less than your constant bashing of Axl and other posters around here over the past two years :shrugs:

Sorry for quoting you again. I know you always want to have the last word :)

Yes, I am stubborn. So are you and many other people here too.

It doesn't suck for me to be a GN'R fan because I don't center my fandom around Axl and to me, while he's an essential part of the band that cannot and should not be missing, he's not THE BAND, and for this reason I am able to live my fandom in an integral way appreciating the whole group of people and not hanging up from just one person.

Everytime you talk to me it is to complain about something, so I do think you need an advice, especially if you decide to involve me in your complain. If you didn't, I couldn't care less about what you do around here. 

What constitutes "bashing of Axl" for you, it is critical thinking for me. I rather go that way than being a zealot who rarely questions what's going on around them and idolizes someone so much they end up losing their own personality, sounding like lobotomized beings.

I don't bash anyone here, people get offended by their own means and usually lack the ability to defend their ideas. So the easiest path for them is to complain about my thoughts and ask me to censor my view, instead of grabbing that view and saying here's what I think about it and this is who I am.

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I prefer to be referred to as an Axlite myself, it is short and to the point and doesn't take as long to type as nutswinger.

There's a difference between Axlite and Axl nutswinger though :awesomeface:

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is he the exception, though? Not in this thread at least, I don't see all of these blind posters here who can't accept anything negative about him. 

I'm not talking about this thread, just in general. For some people it's great to bash Adler, Izzy, Sorum. But they wanna kill you if you say something negative about Axl, Melissa or TB? That's a double standard

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

lol As for being an Izzy girl, I’m all up to defending Izzy on the internet to total strangers anytime if that gets me backstage passes "and whatever" from him! :lol:

I used to love Axl, too, but I had to kill him. :P

LOL the last sentence is ace! :rofl-lol: that's why I'm killuridols too, lol.

The Izzy girls.... I don't see a defense of Izzy that is blind and unreasonable so I hardly think of his fans as Izzy nutsswingers or zealots.... Maybe because Izzy is a mistery too and there's not much known about him, even when he was in the band, he was a guy straight to the point, never got involved in huge fights, or at least not publicly.

• Like 3

Polite reminder to tone it down a bit. Everyone has a ton of different views on all the band members, there isn't a right or wrong in these discussions, just opinions.

Nutswingers isn't a banned word but it is usually seen as antagonistic so bear that in mind when posting.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1