GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, Tori72 said:

OMG, wow. I really need to get Mar Canter’s book it seems. Thanks for telling and quoting. Jeez, they were into some serious shit... Can’t believe Izzy let his girlfriend go into that house. I know, addicts. Still, that’s pretty bad.... 

Also I read elsewhere that Dezi apparently got played by Courtney Love in the film.

Courtney Love played Althea Flint. Althea started doing heroin in 1982 and was diagnosed with AIDS in 1983. She died in 1987 at age 33 when she overdosed and drowned in her bathtub.  Heroin is a horrific drug. I hate to think of how many people contacted AIDS in that scene, from either unprotected sex of dirty needles.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Courtney Love played Althea Flint. Althea started doing heroin in 1982 and was diagnosed with AIDS in 1983. She died in 1987 at age 33 when she overdosed and drowned in her bathtub.  Heroin is a horrific drug. I hate to think of how many people contacted AIDS in that scene, from either unprotected sex of dirty needles.

She was Larry Flynt daughter or his wife?

Knockin` on Heavens`s Door is amazing, my fav. Its power lies in sheer simplicity, four chords, melody line simple to follow, you can really go emotional while playing it and still sound good. All hail Bob Dylan and his unmatched songwritting virtuosity.

Edited by Alja

This past week I did audio at a biker rally in my city. I was the engineer at one of the stages. In between bands and sets I had to play house music so I played my favorite rock and metal tunes, including a lot of GnR and SMKC. There were some cool bands too (along with the not so good ones). These kids from the local school of rock did a bunch of classic rock covers, including ycbm. They were actually pretty good and the girl who sang it definitely has some pipes. She did a really good job. There was another band that was high school students and they did classic rock stuff too. Their guitarist had the Slash tone and style down. I think they played kohd. 

One band though was very disappointing. They told me that they were going to do some GnR and Slash tunes but they were not very good... guitarist didn't have the same tone and feel and the singer was screeching all over like a cat. He sounded like he was trying to impersonate Myles but doing a really bad job of it. He was also more out of tune as the night went on.

I saw one of Steven's rehearsal videos on FB and I'm not really impressed with his band. To me it sounded like one of the amateur bar bands that I did sound for this week. Definitely not "appetite the way it's supposed to sound" or whatever Steven said.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I saw one of Steven's rehearsal videos on FB and I'm not really impressed with his band. To me it sounded like one of the amateur bar bands that I did sound for this week. Definitely not "appetite the way it's supposed to sound" or whatever Steven said.

5797b51dd790a_Axlrollingeyesattheattorney.gif.be4dd55c2266886cb88dea61f753235a.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, starlight said:

Wow Axl and Slash look like grandpas compared to Matt he has aged fine

I think he looked much older before. Hairline and also folds in his face. I think he has had plastic surgery in a way. If it was only deep skin treatment or a surgery I don’t know. But he has had things done, I think.

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I think he looked much older before. Hairline and also folds in his face. I think he has had plastic surgery in a way. If it was only deep skin treatment or a surgery I don’t know. But he has had things done, I think.

Even if he did something, it looks natural which I think is a good thing. Axl should seek some advice from Matt and change his doctor because his interventions look far more obvious. ;)

Edited by GingerHair
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Are you agreeing with me or what?

Of course not! 

Enough with putting Steven down. It's become a sport to give Adler shit, poor guy, he has enough with the consequences of his disease to also have people being so negative about him :facepalm:

55 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I agree he looked old when he first joined Guns, I thought to myself why that grandpa was on the drums, looool. I never liked him and I wanted Steven back.

But turns out he was not older than the rest, it was just his looks and also that he was chubby or something.

I can't be sure about surgeries but I can say that when you lose weight, that also makes you look much younger. There are facial treatments that work almost like surgery so I dunno, maybe he did something but the hair is what he got better.

37 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

Even if he did something, it looks natural which I think is a good thing. Axl should seek some advice from Matt and change his doctor because his interventions look far more obvious. ;)

I still wonder how come Axl of all people can't make himself look awesome, like before :shrugs:

If I had his money and time to be spent on improving my looks, I'd be Angelina Jolie right now :rofl-lol:

:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I still wonder how come Axl of all people can't make himself look awesome, like before :shrugs:

If I had his money and time to be spent on improving my looks, I'd be Angelina Jolie right now :rofl-lol:

:facepalm:

My theory is that it's a Niven's curse that hit him with some years of delay. :rofl-lol:

Sometimes too much spare money and time can be an issue because, without common sense or friends who warn you, people miss the point to stop. 

Still, I could do with a discreet Angelina Jolie makeover too. :D

• Haha 2