GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

Ladies, let’s try to keep things somewhat respectful.

There’s having a laugh and then there’s crossing a line that is best avoided.  

Fair to critique someone’s fashion; not fair to associate that person with a sexual predator because of it. 

You are absolutely right. Cannot compare Fernando to Weinstein .

But another question could be: does male Rock bands always has to be a bit sexist? A lot of T-Shirts ( worn by several GNR band members and entourage) are rather questionable in that aspect.

Is it on purpose ( provocation) or is it still daily rock business nobody seems to notice as sexist? Rather oldfashioned and creepy IMO.

1 minute ago, Santacruz said:

But another question could be: does male Rock bands always has to be a bit sexist? A lot of T-Shirts ( worn by several GNR band members and entourage) are rather questionable in that aspect.

Is it on purpose ( provocation) or is it still daily rock business nobody seems to notice as sexist? Rather oldfashioned and creepy IMO.

Totally agree. Nando is an idiot, but is not a predator.

Interesting all Axl's shirts are designed by a woman name Aphrodisia something...very pretty mature lady who draws erotic art. And has a huge following in Instagram

10 minutes ago, Santacruz said:

It looks to me that they are provoking..... since they can't do anything about it anymore.

And they are also walking contradictions, sending that type of message, but they've got a wife and children and they expose them as trophies in their social media all the time.

Except for Axl, he's got no one (apparently) but he still loves all that cringeworthy sexist shit. At least, he stays coherent with his real life :shrugs:

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

When does this actually stop? A famous, rich and popular guy goes through divorce and instantly the wife becomes a bitch in people’s eyes when she actually gets money after divorce as it is the law in their country. I’ll never understand that. All women solidarity is gone because the poor baby famous person has to pay something. WTF? A marriage is a pact, a partnership and is regarded as both work to make life work. So the one spouse who didn’t earn as much helped the other spouse to be able to do what he/she did.

Same structue goes with DV cases. The woman can shoe beating marks, medical examinations etc. and still she’s the bitch who’s lying. We do people, even women, always believe or stand aside to men. I just don’t get it.

Yes, you're right.

I don't think Perla is a bitch and by the way that article is written, and if I don't misunderstand, it seems like Slash himself proposed that deal in order to make things faster and obtain the divorce so he can move on.

I wonder if this means that he wants to go more formal with Meegan.

Edited by killuridols

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

When does this actually stop. A famous, rich and popular guy goes through divorce and instantly the wife becomes a bitch when she actually gets money after divorce as it is the law in their country. I’ll never understand that. All women solidarity is gone because the poor baby famous person has to pay something. WTF? A marriage is a pact, a partnership and is regarded as both work to make life work. So the one spouse who didn’t earn as much helped the other spouse to be able to do what he/she did.

Same structue goes with DV cases. The woman can shoe beating marks, medical examinations etc. and still she’s the bitch who’s lying. We do people, even women, always believe or stand aside to men. I just don’t get it.

I am not against his wife or the fact that she should get money , not at all.

I just question the amount of money.  It is a very bad deal for Slash. I think it is not balanced. He Looks like he could  be in financial trouble the next years while Perla gets out of this quite careless. I do not call this balanced.

That's all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Santacruz said:

I just question the amount of money.  It is a very bad deal for Slash. I think it is not balanced. He Looks like he could  be in financial trouble the next years while Perla gets out of this quite careless. I do not call this balanced.

That's all.

How do you judge on what is balanced or not when you don’t know their or his financial situation?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Santacruz said:

But.... would Slash put himself in such unbalanced position if he didn't know he can provide? :question:

I mean, he must have really good lawyers and accountants and people who have adviced him about how much he can give. I don't think he would get into a deal that he cannot afford, right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Santacruz said:

That's all.

Well in theory, she is entitled to half of what Slash earned during their time as husband and wife. That include his earnings for GNR things before the reunion, his velvet revolver earnings and his SMKC earnings and deals with Gibson, etc.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

But.... would Slash put himself in such unbalanced position if he didn't know he can provide? :question:

I mean, he must have really good lawyers and accountants and people who have adviced him about how much he can give. I don't think he would get into a deal that he cannot afford, right?

You are all very positive about this. So lets hope this will work out this way for him. I have a feeling that he will struggle..

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He has stopped trying to say they were never married in the first place and she shouldn’t get anything at all, then? :lol:

That was really low from him IMO And he was not dealing with a dumb woman, Perla knows it all, he would never get away with that. What the hell was he thinking? :shrugs:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1

Just now, dgnr said:

That was really low from him IMO And he was not dealing with a dumb woman, Perla knows it all, we would never get away with that. What the hell was he thinking? :shrugs:

It was really lame of him and I can see why Perla will be extra cautious right now and taking her time a bit when dealing with him. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Santacruz said:

You are all very positive about this. So lets hope this will work out this way for him. I have a feeling that he will struggle..

Why would he struggle? Slash is very famous, much more than all GN'R together. He is a LEGEND and his importance in music grows each time. He's achieved an status of respect as a mucisican than none of the other guys in the band ever will.

After this semi-reunion, there is no GN'R without Slash, really....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

It's hard to talk in practical terms about Slash's divorce for the same reason it is hard to talk in practical terms about Izzy's lack of inclusion in GnR. This does not seem like real money to people like us. It seems like Monopoly money. Most of us could live pretty well for the rest of our lives on a 1 million dollar windfall. But these people have very different lives. So you have a 7 million dollar house in LA. Do you know how much money it takes to air condition a house like that in Southern California? How many maids do you need to keep it clean? How many landscapers do you need to keep it lush in the heat? What are property taxes like? How much in furnishings? What kind of cars are in the garage? What kinds of clothing are in the closets? What kind of private schools are your kids going to? Are you funding their music/modeling careers? How many lawyers and accountants do you have to keep on hand to manage this amount of cash? The amount of money these guys are taking in and putting out each month is mind boggling. None of them, including their spouses, girlfriends and children, live like we do.

Also, I think Slash will pay out somewhat for Perla's silence. Slash is no angel. Perla was with him for a long time- and he wasn't sober for a lot of it. She's seen and heard some shit.

Also this, so much. People tend to forget that. Also when discussing why Izzy wouldn’t do it for 10.000 Dollars.... It is just beyond the life we live and has different measurements... It is all in the relativity of how you’re living your life.

Edited by Tori72

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why would he struggle? Slash is very famous, much more than all GN'R together. He is a LEGEND and his importance in music grows each time. He's achieved an status of respect as a mucisican than none of the other guys in the band ever will.

After this semi-reunion, there is no GN'R without Slash, really....

Well then: happy divorce Slash and Perla!:slash:

Yeah, you're all right.... we have no idea about this money. After the 1million, I don't understand anything anymore!! :lol:

My life is so simple and so small that I cannot imagine what I would do with so much money or what I would need it for :shrugs: but @beautifulanddamned is correct, as these people have huge expenses and people on their payrolls.

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

They are a product of their times.  I'm not saying that what they sing about is always defendable, but you're talking about a group of guys who came up in a scene where women were meant for one thing.  Am I, and many others, giving them a pass?  I guess so, but only within the context that their art is a product of the 1980s Los Angeles rock/metal scene when and where social mores were different.   

It's been interesting to see the #metoo movement involve itself in many areas of society and work, but the rock scene has largely been left unscathed.  Perhaps it's because many of the artists of years gone by have adapted.  I think this is largely evident in Chinese Democracy, where less to zero focus (and correct me if I'm wrong), is not similar in tone or content to what Axl wrote about in the 1980s and early 90s.  

Interesting post. I think we as fans all give them a pass with their lyrics from beginning until 93. Also the female fans, of course.

I was kinda waiting for the #metoo movement to reach rock. There are so many baffling, appalling sexual assault stories, not only among GnR of course, I remember reading terrible ones on Steven Tyler or Jimmy Page for that matter. Or the terrible book of Sunset Boulevard in the 80s, @beautifulanddamned read and talked about here. In my opinion the #metoo movement should reach rock, too. Because it was shit and because there is still a LOT of sexism in rock (in all music industry). It is important to get things straight. I guess it is disputable if you want to roll up old stories from long ago or not. But some things need to be more discussed.

I’m wondering why it takes so long until it reaches rock / music industry. What do you guys and girls, think?

Edited by Tori72