GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

@MillionsOfSpiders If it was at least as good as Prague, it must have been time of your life. I can connect to it, so it`s a good review. 

(nothing overtops shitting to porcelain in a cozy conditioned space after a demanding day outdoors). 

Edited by Alja

12 hours ago, Lillie said:

Queen Elizabeth maybe? 

Yesterday was the parade of the Queen Elizabeth's birthday but then where the #hollaback girl comes from?!?!? 

In this video, he seems to be looking a lot to the side of the stage while singing Happy Birthday. Maybe it was dedicated to someone sitting there? :max:

13 hours ago, killuridols said:

Exactly. Although he's always said that he cant be exclusive to one woman, so whoever wants to be with him has to accept that aspect of him. So maybe Sasha plays that game too. 

But it's been too long, neither of them seem to be in a serious relationship with someone else and they hang out from time to time, not so regularly, but it has not stopped since 2006 either... so what kind of relationship is it? :shrugs:

I don't think they have even proper relationship (open or whatever). I think they just have occasional encounters, mostly when he's in the UK.

It puzzles me when I get the impression that people cannot close a chapter in their lives and just move on. My impression looking from very far away is that Sasha is there, for over 12 years, hanging around him/the Lebeis, maybe in the expectation that something will happen. :shrugs:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BooO said:

I don't know why but I used to ship Axl with Kat Benzova... Since I saw a picture of them together, IDK, but looked like they would make a good couple. I wonder if I'm the only one... (I miss his moustache) 

I liked the moustache too. 

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Overall it’s the best time I’ve ever had seeing GnR and probably the best time I ever had at any show, ever (Axl/dc is still really close lol)! I was glad they finished early because after holding our spots for so long and then the three hour set I was desperate for the toilet - I should’ve demanded a porcelain throne with silky toilet paper too after how long I had to wait :lol:

I’m happy now, if that’s to be the last time I ever see them that’s fine with me because it was so epic and it will be such a great memory to have of them. :) 

It was the best crowd so far. So much energy!!! The Brits never disappoint to rock. :headbang: Really cool that you had such a great time.

PS: I completely find they have a point in asking for porcelain toilet and silky toilet paper. Given the choice, I'd do it as well. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’m not very good at concert reviews, I never write them because I’m rubbish at them lol....I had the best time I’ve ever had at any show I’ve been to yesterday. 

The atmosphere where I was was so amazing - I was right next to the mixing tower, I got that spot and had to stay there because you really couldn’t move after 5pm. I’ve never seen so many people there and so desperate to get good spots! Everybody looked after each other and there was no shoving or pushing. 

We saw a helicopter come in about an hour before GnRs set and we all were chanting AXL!! :lol:

The place went bonkers when they came out and played ISE and it was all so loud and clear, can’t fault the sound guys at all. I could hear some vocal struggles during a couple of songs - TIL was bad, Axl knew it. I think he might as well have not bothered to sing Slither, we sang that for him :lol: I’d say Axl sounded good to me for the majority of the songs from where I was...he looked like he was giving it everything and he was running around loads. Loved that he kept the backwards cap for a little while....I noticed him go up to Slash a couple of times and one of them he got a huge smile from him because I think Slash also had the time of his life last night! It was funny when Axl walked up to that railing at the end of the stage and shook the hell out of it because it was wobbly and his little rodeo dance made everyone laugh!

Slash was amazing, just awe inspiring and so loud! He was really energetic too and jumping all over the place - Axl commented on it but I forgot what called him now lol. I went with someone who had never seen any of the guys and she couldn’t get over Slash, she was mesmerised by him, we all know that feeling though, right? He looked really emotional at the end of the show :heart:

Duff was just as awesome too, he was solid as ever and his back up vocals were really good, he helped out Axl a lot. He has so much stage presence. I saw his daughter with Meegans daughters all singing and dancing whenever I could see them, they even did during the CD songs lol! 

As for the rest of the band, Frank made lots of mistakes that even I noticed. I don’t know what he played for the YCBM intro but it sucked and he sounded horrible on SCOM. 

Fortus still doesn’t fit in with Slash imo. Hated his Nightrain solo, hated any of his solos. 

The other two were just there. 

Overall it’s the best time I’ve ever had seeing GnR and probably the best time I ever had at any show, ever (Axl/dc is still really close lol)! I was glad they finished early because after holding our spots for so long and then the three hour set I was desperate for the toilet - I should’ve demanded a porcelain throne with silky toilet paper too after how long I had to wait :lol:

I’m happy now, if that’s to be the last time I ever see them that’s fine with me because it was so epic and it will be such a great memory to have of them. :) 

Told you I’m shit at reviews :lol:

Out of likes😉but great review , and love the story about all chanting AXL when look his helicopter:lol:👍👏

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

Yesterday was the parade of the Queen Elizabeth's birthday but then where the #hollaback girl comes from?!?!? 

In this video, he seems to be looking a lot to the side of the stage while singing Happy Birthday. Maybe it was dedicated to someone sitting there? :max:

I don't think they have even proper relationship (open or whatever). I think they just have occasional encounters, mostly when he's in the UK.

It puzzles me when I get the impression that people cannot close a chapter in their lives and just move on. My impression looking from very far away is that Sasha is there, for over 12 years, hanging around him/the Lebeis, maybe in the expectation that something will happen. :shrugs:

I said it yesterday maybe a secret anniversary 😒He is very tricky wit metaphorical so... the hollaback...hmm... Something about someone who talks a lot but doesn't act.. Maybe he says it ironically..Or an inside joke.... 

Just now, Lillie said:

I said it yesterday maybe a secret anniversary 😒He is very tricky wit metaphorical so... the hollaback...hmm... Something about someone who talks a lot but doesn't act.. Maybe he says it ironically..Or an inside joke.... 

Surely it's something mixed.. He plays with us 😁 And she must be something more than occasional encounters..or drinking buddies... But I feel that he doesn't like formality.so...

10 minutes ago, Lillie said:

Find metaphors very annoying, when they are not meant for me to understand them. <_<

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe he wants an invite to Buckingham palace. I wonder if the toilets would be up to scratch there? 

It may depend on level of peasant you achieve. 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think he means the actual Queen - he’s probably a huge fan because they have the same taste in granny hats! :lol:

Maybe he wants an invite to Buckingham palace. I wonder if the toilets would be up to scratch there? 

He wants to be Sir Axl of Malibu!!!

Seriously cool review.

GNR camp was very happy with Download experience. The reviews in the papers very good!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think he means the actual Queen - he’s probably a huge fan because they have the same taste in granny hats! :lol:

:rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Seriously cool review.

GNR camp was very happy with Download experience. The reviews in the papers very good!!!!

:headbang:

Edited by Lillie

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’m not very good at concert reviews, I never write them because I’m rubbish at them lol....I had the best time I’ve ever had at any show I’ve been to yesterday. 

The atmosphere where I was was so amazing - I was right next to the mixing tower, I got that spot and had to stay there because you really couldn’t move after 5pm. I’ve never seen so many people there and so desperate to get good spots! Everybody looked after each other and there was no shoving or pushing. 

We saw a helicopter come in about an hour before GnRs set and we all were chanting AXL!! :lol:

The place went bonkers when they came out and played ISE and it was all so loud and clear, can’t fault the sound guys at all. I could hear some vocal struggles during a couple of songs - TIL was bad, Axl knew it. I think he might as well have not bothered to sing Slither, we sang that for him :lol: I’d say Axl sounded good to me for the majority of the songs from where I was...he looked like he was giving it everything and he was running around loads. Loved that he kept the backwards cap for a little while....I noticed him go up to Slash a couple of times and one of them he got a huge smile from him because I think Slash also had the time of his life last night! It was funny when Axl walked up to that railing at the end of the stage and shook the hell out of it because it was wobbly and his little rodeo dance made everyone laugh!

Slash was amazing, just awe inspiring and so loud! He was really energetic too and jumping all over the place - Axl commented on it but I forgot what called him now lol. I went with someone who had never seen any of the guys and she couldn’t get over Slash, she was mesmerised by him, we all know that feeling though, right? He looked really emotional at the end of the show :heart:

Duff was just as awesome too, he was solid as ever and his back up vocals were really good, he helped out Axl a lot. He has so much stage presence. I saw his daughter with Meegans daughters all singing and dancing whenever I could see them, they even did during the CD songs lol! 

As for the rest of the band, Frank made lots of mistakes that even I noticed. I don’t know what he played for the YCBM intro but it sucked and he sounded horrible on SCOM. 

Fortus still doesn’t fit in with Slash imo. Hated his Nightrain solo, hated any of his solos. 

The other two were just there. 

Told you I’m shit at reviews :lol:

Fantastic review, I really feel the love coming from it!! Delighted you had such a good time! I love to hear about Axl and Slash laughing and clearly enjoying a show. 

Did you see the clip that’s been circulating of them from behind, where Axl puts his hand on Slash’s back for a moment during SCOM? That ties in with the good vibes you describe.

Well done for your physical endurance too! Do the guys realise what we put ourselves through for them?! Festivals are an endurance test, I will only ever go to one again for Guns!! 

Its much harder on girls too, in Sweden I’ll have my period, first time at a big long show, and I’m already stressing about how I’ll manage for so many hours without the toilet!! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Seriously cool review.

Hahahaha Sir Axl of Malibu, imagine. I'm picturing him now walking with his cane and being called like that.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BooO said:

Hahahaha Sir Axl of Malibu, imagine. I'm picturing him now walking with his cane and being called like that.

Maybe he would get extra Corgi in this occasion. 

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think he must've watched the trooping the colour this year and last lord axl has ring to it 😂

I enjoyed your review one of my friends went he said they were outstanding and pulled the biggest crowd ever he's a big slash fan said he was  amazing, so glad everything went well for the fans and the band

• Haha 1