Cheesy Hits from your Childhood/Teens

RONIN

15 hours ago, Rovim said:

Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag

Limp Bizkit - Nookie, Rollin'.

Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games With My Heart

Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle

Aqua - Barbie Girl.

I think we are probably in the same age group. I remember all of those songs being smash hits :lol:

Remember when Euro dance pop was the hottest thing around? :P:facepalm:

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

I think we are probably in the same age group. I remember all of those songs being smash hits :lol:

Remember when Euro dance pop was the hottest thing around? :P:facepalm:

I remeber all the Euro dance pop thing :facepalm: most of it was really not suitable for impressionable youngsters, but they got away with it because the music sounded like a 10 year old made it :lol:

LOL

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I remeber all the Euro dance pop thing :facepalm: most of it was really not suitable for impressionable youngsters, but they got away with it because the music sounded like a 10 year old made it :lol:

LOL

The latter is a shit techno version of David Peels amazing original which was a pretty fierce counter culture statement at the time.  Barbie Girl, although annoying as fuck, is actually hilairiously funny and quite subversive if you think about it.  I mean it's a horrible song but conceptually speaking it's basically about selling a vaccuous sexualised image to young girls, for some reason that got taken literally though I'm not sure how 'you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere' is pretty blatant as pisstaking goes :lol:  'you can touch, you can play' uh...excuse me? :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The latter is a shit techno version of David Peels amazing original which was a pretty fierce counter culture statement at the time.  Barbie Girl, although annoying as fuck, is actually hilairiously funny and quite subversive if you think about it.  I mean it's a horrible song but conceptually speaking it's basically about selling a vaccuous sexualised image to young girls, for some reason that got taken literally though I'm not sure how 'you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere' is pretty blatant as pisstaking goes :lol:  'you can touch, you can play' uh...excuse me? :lol:

thanks for ruining Barbie for me! *puts hand overs Barbie's eyes * :lol:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I proudly have never watched this movie :lol: 

I proudly have watched this movie 23 times :wub:

Since Backstreet Boys are here, this deserves a spot too:

Yes, to me, Mark Wahlberg (Markie Mark, as we'd like to call him) will always be NKOTB's Donnie's little brother.

Edited by Lio
added cheesy song
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lio said:

I proudly have watched this movie 23 times :wub:

Since Backstreet Boys are here, this deserves a spot too:

Yes, to me, Mark Wahlberg (Markie Mark, as we'd like to call him) will always be NKOTB's Donnie's little brother.

lol this woman i know goes on the NKOTB cruises with her wife! she loves them :D

• Like 1

I have a soft spot for this song. It's a Donna Summer cover.  The outfits/dancing in it haven't aged well.

And I was very young when this song came out. The chorus stuck with me for years and years, but those were pre-internet years, as certainly pre YouTube/itunes, so I couldn't just look it up. Then when I was about 18 I found the single in a charity shop and it was just the sunniest moment of some very hard years. Still love the song. I've since found out that it's about her friends who died of AIDS in the 80s. I still think it's a great pop song. 

• Like 1