Prostitute was sound checked in Bilbao

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not a chance in hell.. A lot of people owned Use Your Illusions back in the day.. CD not so much... I went literally knew about 30 friends/family that went to the Foxboro show and I bet not more than 2 knows prostitute or any other song off that album.. I grew up with these people and I know most of them know Locomotive. At very least they would recognize the song if they didn't know the title.. These shows are loaded with people that used to be into Guns N' Roses back in the day. They weren't filling Stadiums during the CD era..

I know tons of people had UYI in the day. I guess what I was trying to say was that an equal amount of people would go 'oh thats from UYI' as would go 'oh thats some CD song'. The level of unfamiliarity is what's equal. If anything they might know the rhythm to Locomotive, but it's a deep cut man, most of the audience wouldn't be singing along.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

I'd rather them play Prostitute than Sorry or Catcher but TWAT is still the one to hope for on a regular basis. It's right up there in terms of epicness with Estranged and November Rain for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

You're basing your comments on what Axl said (who has zero credibility) and what Richard supposeably.  I've never heard either one say anything about Axl singing whatever Slash or anyone else wanted to play....and that's what you said.  As I said, it's pure speculation....and you have provided zero proof or evidence to support that is a fact, it's pure speculation.

We can keep discussing this all you want, but PM me if that's what you want, I'm done speculating in this thread.

Nah, I doubt we'd get much further than we have here. I think i'm right, you think you're right. I can live with that :D

• Like 1

I mean, people moan about the setlist but the crowd at Slane the other night got; Estranged, Coma, November Rain and There Was a Time in one show. It's easy for us to overlook when we've followed every concert of the tour but that is pretty fucking awesome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I'd rather them play Prostitute than Sorry or Catcher but TWAT is still the one to hope for on a regular basis. It's right up there in terms of epicness with Estranged and November Rain for me.

Maybe when Axl is on form, but he didn't do it justice at the Slane show. For me it sounds like TWAT is too difficult for Axl to perform regularly so, I'd vote for them to put something else in instead. If it has tobe CD material i'd be interested in hearing Slash play on I.R.S, Shacklers, or Street of dreams. Sorry sounds great live, but I've ever been a fan of Catcher so that can stay out of the set from here on out for all I care.

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Maybe when Axl is on form, but he didn't do it justice at the Slane show. For me it sounds like TWAT is too difficult for Axl to perform regularly so, I'd vote for them to put something else in instead. If it has tobe CD material i'd be interested in hearing Slash play on I.R.S, Shacklers, or Street of dreams. Sorry sounds great live, but I've ever been a fan of Catcher so that can stay out of the set from here on out for all I care.

I think the main reason TWAT is a bit weak is because it's rarely performed. If he sang it more regularly it would be solid.

Yeah I agree Catcher is a bit of a drag. I think Sorry is okay but it should be earlier in the set, the encore is a bit of a comedown with Sorry and then Don't Cry/Patience. Too slow and depressing with the only uplift before Paradise City being The fucking Seeker haha.

Yeah Shackler's kicks ass live and I.R.S. is just a great song anyway.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

4 out of the 7 people in the current line-up play on CD.

right, but they were never in Guns N' Roses, CD is not a guns record, they're employees hired by their boss axl rose to say yes. 

it's fine if you like it... it's just not gnr and shouldn't be indulged in a gnr set list.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

right, but they were never in Guns N' Roses, CD is not a guns record, they're employees hired by their boss axl rose to say yes. 

it's fine if you like it... it's just not gnr and shouldn't be indulged in a gnr set list.

And that's your opinion. :shrugs:

9 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I think the main reason TWAT is a bit weak is because it's rarely performed. If he sang it more regularly it would be solid.

Yeah I agree Catcher is a bit of a drag. I think Sorry is okay but it should be earlier in the set, the encore is a bit of a comedown with Sorry and then Don't Cry/Patience. Too slow and depressing with the only uplift before Paradise City being The fucking Seeker haha.

Yeah Shackler's kicks ass live and I.R.S. is just a great song anyway.

If they performed it more and worked out a more accommodating key I think he could pull it off better. 

21 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I mean, people moan about the setlist but the crowd at Slane the other night got; Estranged, Coma, November Rain and There Was a Time in one show. It's easy for us to overlook when we've followed every concert of the tour but that is pretty fucking awesome.

TWAT sounds pretty good on CD, but it's always a mess when they play it live.

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I'd easily pay $200 for a ticket to see Guns playing the chinese democracy album from start to finish. And besides a few surprise cameos from Josh Freese to Robin Finck, Chris Pitman, at the end of the show, we will get to hear The General with a full blown orchestra. How awesome is that.

that would be my death...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I'm just curious about something. Let's say, the next record that's released is CD II. And, let us say that Slash or Duff don't write any material for the record but Slash adds a few solos and rhythms, and Duff replaces the bass tracks and adds a backing vocal here and there. Both guys have went in, listened to the material, and helped decide on which songs make the record alongside Axl... is that considered a Guns record? 

I like that Slash and Duff are giving it a shot to some CD songs, I cant wait to have a live album of this tour so I can rock to the CD tunes with Slash/Duff on it!!

Saying that I prefer if they played more original GNR catalog songs than covers and CD tracks.

If everything was perfect and they do release a new album sometime in the next couple of years, maybe they would replace the 4 o 5 CD tracks of this tour with new material, so they are getting it out of the way on this tour so it gets represented, its a different kind of perspective :)

TIL kinda won me over in Vegas. As I left at the beginning for a beer/bathroom run. Came back to what was the most  soulful moment of the show during the ending part.

felt very powerful but I don't need it every night. intro is very syrupy 

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't get people's aversion to TIL. It was written by Axl during the UYI era, so by going with the twisted logic of some members here, it is more deserving to be on stage.

I like TIL and think Axl performs it consistently well. I would rather Prostitute replace The Seeker.

Ah yes, anything from CD replacing Sekeer is fine for me. For TIL i just not really into it because it was very slow and empty i rather replace it with other CD song.

Slash inconsistent solo also ruin it for me. His solo on other CD song is awesome but on TIL he seems like didn't know what to do.

The Blues is better choice if they want to go with Axl piano ballad.

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I'm just curious about something. Let's say, the next record that's released is CD II. And, let us say that Slash or Duff don't write any material for the record but Slash adds a few solos and rhythms, and Duff replaces the bass tracks and adds a backing vocal here and there. Both guys have went in, listened to the material, and helped decide on which songs make the record alongside Axl... is that considered a Guns record? 

i see your point and to be clear i would personally consider it to be a total shame of a gnr record if slash and duff simply laid down parts over old stale CD leftovers from axl's solo band of employees.  i would be very disappointed in both of them… and if the record was anything like CD i'd certainly be disappointed in the material.  izzy needs to be brought back in… the past needs to be left in the past… they need to write NEW material… together… in a room… face to face.  the idea of CD II is crazy considering so very few dug CD I.      

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

i see your point and to be clear i would personally consider it to be a total shame of a gnr record if slash and duff simply laid down parts over old stale CD leftovers from axl's solo band of employees.  i would be very disappointed in both of them… and if the record was anything like CD i'd certainly be disappointed in the material.  izzy needs to be brought back in… the past needs to be left in the past… they need to write NEW material… together… in a room… face to face.  the idea of CD II is crazy considering so very few dug CD I.      

I know what you're saying, but with three of the classic members and Dizzy (who doesn't have any power) all signing off on the (hypothetical) record, surely that would mean it's Guns N' Roses material, which fans couldn't debate over saying it's "Axls solo album". You still didn't say whether you would say it was or wasn't gnr at that point. However, the whole premiss is fiction so it doesn't actually matter :D 

12 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sorry man but I actually disagree. Lots of people, maybe not the majority, are killing to hear deep cuts. NuGNR, while an unpopular era, is still Guns. Axl choose to still support the 2008 Guns album on this tour and Slash and Duff want to support that. If the band was playing the whole Chinese album nightly, I'd understand but 4 songs off of a band's most recent record is not harmful. Fans enjoy CD songs live and many have been picking up on the album since Slash toured in support of some of the songs. The set list is 60% Appetite and 25% Illusions anyways. I personally am glad Axl continues to play CD songs and it's apparent they make him happy. Slash and Duff are good friends for trying to help Axl with that. 

recent?, the album was 10 years ago . Since then there has been numerous lineup changes, with each member looking a clown and less people in attendance and less people showing any interest in the name "Guns N Roses". Axl would probably blame economics of people not attending the shows not coming to the conclusion that 90% of Guns fans could not give one fuck for CD. I don't know why Axl cant accept that the majority of the fans who are there want the illusions/lies/appetite deep cuts. Is the reality and he needs to deal with it. Hearing CD songs is not what I want to hear, there should be no more than 2 at least to keep him happy and im sure slash and duff would agree.After 10 years he still cant accept that NuGuns was never popular people, the majority of the fans don't hold up CD with high regard and the less played the better. CD was a solo record and an experiment that didn't work because the majority of people wernt interested in the material. Nothing wrong with that but it does tell you what the fans WANT to hear and to focus on those songs.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I understand what you are saying. My guess is it is a Guns N Roses record, however If duff and slash worked with Axl for CD my bet is there would be minimal keyboards, more guitars and possibly more rockier. If CD2 would be lots of keyboards and synths in it then it tells me that slash and duff have sold out because , and as slash has said he is against keyboards. He is on record saying he was against keyboards and synths on the illusions album but agreed to it to keep the band moving forward. If they allow that on CDII that's a different situation and tells me they both have sold out thewir original position of why they left the band in the first place.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 hours ago, k12 said:

we are happy to have a change-up, but the CD stuff is what 99% of the people are not interested in hearing, this is Axl's way of saying FU to the fans and to Slash

Again most of the people only care about the hits. They don't care what else is played, so  saying that they're not interested in hearing CD songs is false. Or if you necessarily want to put it that way, then most people aren't interested in hearing ANY other GNR songs than the hits. But that sounds a bit stupid right. It's not that they don't want to hear any other songs besides the hits. It's just that they don't know any other songs, so to them it really doesn't matter if they play Locomotive or Prostitute. But that's the majority. We have no knowledge of how many people actually want to hear CD songs and arguing about things that we don't know about is not really something that interests me.

People like to throw some random numbers out there, but the bottom line is, we have NO real scientific calculations of how many people actually want to hear CD songs live. Everyone's just going with their gut feelings that are really not based on anything. That's a bit childish. Personally I'm not interested in arguing about numbers, when none of us has any REAL evidence to back those numbers with facts.

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Doesn't sound like one I would buy

• Like 1

Chinese Democracy is a GN'R record without Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve, just as Use Your Illusion is a record without Steve and Spaghetti a record without Steve and Izzy. The next record will be another without Steve or Izzy. 

• Like 1