Prostitute was sound checked in Bilbao

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But if Axl's gonna sing it like Mickey then there's no point in adding these songs to the setlist.

I love CD but Axl does no justice to the live versions :thumbsdown:

He actually sings Prostitute live better than the studio version imo. He uses rasp on the high parts whereas the entire song is 100% clean on the album.

• Like 1

While I'd love some more UYI songs or a VR song or... you know... a new song, it'd be pretty idiotic to complain about the band rehearsing Prostitute. They're going all out here, actually changing up the setlists. This is a good thing.

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Alright one thing I wasn't bitching about as much as everyone else was the setlist but now this is getting ridiculous.. I hate Chinese Democracy.. It blows, but the shows were so long there was room for a couple of the songs.. Now it is almost 4 songs every show which is complete overkill especially when half the shows there are zero songs from LIES played.. The only songs they switch up for the most part are damn Chinese Democracy songs. Not many people aside from Axl's cult really give a crap about that album. 95% of the audience sure don't know what the songs are.  There are sooo many classic songs that they are ignoring and all they do is learn CD garbage.. So disappointing...... The album was a failure.. NuGnR was selling less and less tickets every year they were supporting it.. It never caught on commercially... It may have sold a lot of units initially because people were interested but it stopped selling immediately once people heard it and the stores shifted all the CD's to the .99 cent bin. They are selling tickets for $200/300.... People aren't shelling that money out to hear some of the most awkward music ever recorded by Axl and a bunch of musicians they do not know.  I paid $60 to sit in the front section to see NuGuns once...

Preach!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlexC said:

He actually sings Prostitute live better than the studio version imo. He uses rasp on the high parts whereas the entire song is 100% clean on the album.

He sang it only once like that. Never heard it again.

Hopefully he won't pull a Mickey on this one like he did with Twat on saturday because that was awful.

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

He sang it only once like that. Never heard it again.

Hopefully he won't pull a Mickey on this one like he did with Twat on saturday because that was awful.

Yeah they shouldn't play really difficult songs until a few shows in. Axl doesn't seem to have his rasp going at the beginning of legs.

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Yeah they shouldn't play really difficult songs until a few shows in. Axl doesn't seem to have his rasp going at the beginning of legs.

Its not only the rasp.

Last saturday he was out of tune in that song, out of tempo, he was basically lost and not being able to find a good voice for it.

Just now, killuridols said:

Its not only the rasp.

Last saturday he was out of tune in that song, out of tempo, he was basically lost and not being able to find a good voice for it.

Yep. Rusty as fuck. That happens when you don't rehearse for 2 months ha.

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

if the do the same setlist, some of you are not happy. if they change something, some of you are not happy.

how boring.

I never said I was "Bored" with the setlist, nor did I imply I was. I am just making a statement that Slash seems to accept a lot of things he used to claim he would never. 

1 minute ago, cooker said:

I never said I was "Bored" with the setlist, nor did I imply I was. I am just making a statement that Slash seems to accept a lot of things he used to claim he would never. 

What did Slash say he would never accept?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cooker said:

I never said Axl requested it or dictated they play it... I said they are accepting the set list as everything Axl. No VR or any other songs from Duff or Slash. 

The difference is Chinese Democracy is a GNR record and this is GNR. So you have no point.

I love "Prostitute." Would be really cool to hear it. I'd like to eventually hear all of the CD songs just to get Slash and Duff's takes on them. I think "Better" sounds killer right now.

Edited by GnR Chris