For the two people who give a shit about Live Era

So I compiled what I would of been more than satisfied with for a true Live Era album give me your thoughts.

Nightrain - Marquee ‘87

Brownstone - Ritz ‘88

It’s So Easy - Correct (Paris ‘92)

Jungle - St. Louis ‘91

Dust N’ Bones - Correct (Ritz ‘91)

My Michelle - Wembley ‘91

You’re Crazy - Correct (Tokyo ‘88)

Used to Love Her - Correct Location (Tokyo ‘88)

Patience - Melbourne ‘88

It’s Alright - Correct (Houston ‘92)

November Rain - Paris ‘92

Coma - Chicago ‘92

Out Ta Get Me - Correct (London ‘87)

Pretty Tied Up - Rock in Rio ‘91

Yesterdays - Correct (Las Vegas ‘92)

Move to the City - Felt Forum ‘88

You Could Be Mine - St. Petersburg ‘91

Rocket Queen - Melbourne ‘88

Sweet Child O’ Mine - Right Location (Paris ‘92)

Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door - Ritz ‘88

Don’t Cry - Felt Forum ‘88

Estranged - Cologne, Germany ‘93

Paradise City - Milton Keynes ‘93

And then I thought it would be interesting if there was say a bonus disc/deluxe edition or maybe other bonus discs at certain retailers or something like that with these songs.

Live and Let Die - Wembley ‘91

Double Talkin’ Jive - St. Louis ‘91

You Ain’t the First - Ritz ‘91

Civil War - Farm Aid ‘90

Locomotive - Shoreline Amphitheatre '91

Down on the Farm - Farm Aid ‘90

• Like 1

Change KOHD for Marquee 87, Paradise City for Wembley 92 (Freddie's tribute), Nightrain for Argentina 93, Estranged for Milton Keynes 93 and Used To Love Her for Late Show 88.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

Just now, GNRfanMILO said:

Change KOHD for Marquee 87, Paradise City for Wembley 92 (Freddie's tribute), Nightrain for Argentina 93, Estranged for Milton Keynes 93 and Used To Love Her for Late Show 88.

I used to have the Marquee KOHD performance on my phone and replaced it with Ritz so I gotta disagree there, my main problem with Live Era's Paradise City is the backup singers so again I disagree, I prefer the ferocity on the Marquee version of Nightrain more and the Argentina show sounds a little too similar to the studio version personally. They didn't play Estranged at the Milton Keynes so I guess that one speaks for itself and the Live Era version of Used to Love Her has  a more electric feel to it so yeah sorry.

19 hours ago, 98izzark said:

I used to have the Marquee KOHD performance on my phone and replaced it with Ritz so I gotta disagree there, my main problem with Live Era's Paradise City is the backup singers so again I disagree, I prefer the ferocity on the Marquee version of Nightrain more and the Argentina show sounds a little too similar to the studio version personally. They didn't play Estranged at the Milton Keynes so I guess that one speaks for itself and the Live Era version of Used to Love Her has  a more electric feel to it so yeah sorry.

just replace anything izzy-less with some actual GNR recordings

add nightrain, you could be mine, double talking jive and jungle from Rio 2nd night 1991

add some canter's 86 recordings

and call it GNR ERA 1986-1991

Nightrain - Rio 1991 2nd night

Brownstone - Ritz ‘88

It’s So Easy - Ritz 1988

Jungle - Rio 1991 2nd night

Dust N’ Bones - Ritz ‘91

My Michelle - Wembley ‘91

You’re Crazy - Tokyo ‘88

Used to Love Her - Pasadena 1987

Patience - Melbourne ‘88

It’s Alright - Correct (Houston ‘92)

November Rain - Indiana 91

Coma - anywhere 1991

Blues Jam (Axl's Blues) into Out Ta Get Me - Madison 87

Pretty Tied Up - Rock in Rio ‘91

Yesterdays - Coconut Teazer 1988

Move to the City - Felt Forum ‘88

You Could Be Mine - Rio 91 2nd night

Rocket Queen - Melbourne ‘88

Sweet Child O’ Mine - Ritz 1988

Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door - Ritz ‘88

Don’t Cry - Felt Forum ‘88

Estranged - Indiana 1991

Paradise City - Pasadena 1987

And then I thought it would be interesting if there was say a bonus disc/deluxe edition or maybe other bonus discs at certain retailers or something like that with these songs.

Think About You - Troubadour 1986

Live and Let Die - Wembley ‘91

Double Talkin’ Jive - Rio 1991 second night

You Ain’t the First - Ritz ‘91

Civil War - Farm Aid ‘90

Jumping Jack Flash - Troubadour 1986

Locomotive - Shoreline Amphitheatre '91

Down on the Farm - Farm Aid ‘90

Disagree with Civil War. That Farm Aid performance was terrible, whereas Paris '92 was beyond incredible.

Also, I'd go with Jungle from the VMA '88 performance. St. Louis version is viscous but Axl fucks up the third verse and Slash is awful.

Also, Sweet Child should definitely be taken from the Ritz '88. That's the best performance of all time of that song imo. (Of the versions I've seen anyway.)

Also the performance of Don't Cry from Tokyo '92 is too legendary to replace.

Edited by AlexC

3 hours ago, AlexC said:

Disagree with Civil War. That Farm Aid performance was terrible, whereas Paris '92 was beyond incredible.

Also, I'd go with Jungle from the VMA '88 performance. St. Louis version is viscous but Axl fucks up the third verse and Slash is awful.

Also, Sweet Child should definitely be taken from the Ritz '88. That's the best performance of all time of that song imo. (Of the versions I've seen anyway.)

Also the performance of Don't Cry from Tokyo '92 is too legendary to replace.

I agree Paris '92 kicked ass but I fucking hate the Tokyo show and I absolutely love the Felt Forum version of Don't Cry and it has Steven. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Source everything 1980s from the 1980s if you can. Those songs sounded so much better with Adler and Stradlin.

That was more or less the point other than if they sound too similar to the studio version

Did anyone like the November Rain they chose for Live Era? Thought it was solid. Interesting to hear that song without rasp.

I dig the extended ending prior to the outro - they have shortened it up for NITL.

Edited by RONIN

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:07 AM, GNRfanMILO said:

Estranged at Milton Keynes '93  ?  Good luck finding that version.  They didn't play it :facepalm:

18 hours ago, Walapino said:

I always wondered why they didnt include Civil War and Live and Let Die on the album and to a lesser extend Double Talkin Jive, they were all such staples on that tour!

I always assumed DTJ was omitted due to having been maliciously dedicated to Izzy after he left the band during the UYI tour. But yeah, it is one of the best songs live. Slash is a beast!

no, Live Era is perfect because i heard it  so many times.. more than Chinse Democracy, GN'R Lies or the Spaghetti Incedent.

It works perfect as a remix album and a closing chaptor for the Slash Era.

It has many highlights: Nightrain, WTTJ, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Rocket Queen, Estranged (!!!). For me it's nothin' wrong to re-record vocals or guitar parts

And would like to see a Not In This Lifetime Collection with re-records vocals. No Problem with that

20 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree, but then again I probably like Indiana '91 the best

That looks the best because of the insane performance but I think just to listen to wouldn't be as impressive, he misses out too many lines. St. Louis one is still angry as fuck but more complete.

• Like 1