07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

1 minute ago, slash was buckethead said:

can we agree that at some points tonight axl has been on point best he has sounded in a while but on the parts where he is bad dear god is it bad but it leaves you in anticipation waiting for the next strong part 

Sounds about right, I mean this is a guy with a very demanding vocal style giving a very demanding performance which is probably more and more demanding the older someone gets.  I am enjoying listening to this, makes me wish I was close to home later this year so I could see them in LA again

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Just got done seeing Queen. So how is it on a scale of Rio 2011/Bridge School/Golden Gods to Axl/DC?

Most people seem to be loving it. Strong performance. (Except for a the couple normal haters on here)

2 minutes ago, slash was buckethead said:

can we agree that at some points tonight axl has been on point best he has sounded in a while but on the parts where he is bad dear god is it bad but it leaves you in anticipation waiting for the next strong part 

Been like that for a while to be honest, sounds good on some songs or parts of songs, not so good on others. It is what it is, dude is in his 50's.

5 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

They were something special. It is not the same band. It is the Slash show.

I was watching Axl performance with Tom Petty the other day and the guy was just a fuckin badass. The best frontman on the planet.

Their late night show performances from the 80's put this soundboard to shame.

Amen buddy. Amen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie Money said:

Civil War is one of their best anyway IMO, I wish they would slow the fuck down a little for it live though.  

A lot of shows with Frank have been like this since they started this NITLT. It seemed better, but now, not so much.

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Sounds about right, I mean this is a guy with a very demanding vocal style giving a very demanding performance which is probably more and more demanding the older someone gets.  I am enjoying listening to this, makes me wish I was close to home later this year so I could see them in LA again

exactly thank you i am out of likes today but i agree

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Just got done seeing Queen. So how is it on a scale of Rio 2011/Bridge School/Golden Gods to Axl/DC?

Mostly good.  Axl was weak on first half of Jungle then brought it back and finished strong...a little off on Rocket Queen and YCBM....good on the rest of the tracks....crushing it on Civil War right now....Slash is spot on tonight on everything I've heard...Duff is on...rest of band is on....Frank has been "ok"....his drum countdown on Civil War is out of place though, needs to go. Melissa's synths really come through on the soundboard...mostly decent although she's been off a few times as well....backing vocals have been good for most of the night though.

• Like 1