07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

1 minute ago, paranoyd androyd said:

Holy Christ is this Frank Ferrer character a disaster. And why in the world is this Fortus poseur trying to re-arrange everything on the fly? The whole rhythm section is a complete train wreck. And Axl is the same out of breath, Mickey mess from the last pro feed I heard from years back. I mean holy fuck is he awful.. doesn't train his voice and has completely lost his range. It's as if he can't hear what he sounds like, just excruciatingly painful stuff.

And what's with the synth nonsense? Only decent sound is Slash, but he plays like a tamed animal now in comparison.. quite sad.

It's incredible that people actually pay to listen to this shite thinking it's actually GNR. Just feel bad for those who never heard GNR when they were actually a band. 27 years and counting... dead as a door nail.

So you liked it?

• Like 2

Holy Christ is this Frank Ferrer character a disaster. And why in the world is this Fortus poseur trying to re-arrange everything on the fly? The whole rhythm section is a complete train wreck. And Axl is the same out of breath, Mickey mess from the last pro feed I heard from years back. I mean holy fuck is he awful.. doesn't train his voice and has completely lost his range. It's as if he can't hear what he sounds like, just excruciatingly painful stuff.

And what's with the synth nonsense? Only decent sound is Slash, but he plays like a tamed animal now in comparison.. quite sad.

It's incredible that people actually pay to listen to this shite thinking it's actually GNR. Just feel bad for those who never heard GNR when they were actually a band. 27 years and counting... dead as a door nail.

So it sounds like you don't like it? ;)

Turn the feed off and put on the Marquee '87 if you so desire, nobody is forcing you to listen to it

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

close the freaking stream and go to sleep

Just now, ramsey said:

SiriusXM streaming site (on your computer browswer) just went down. 

THE APP IS STILL WORKING 

Download the app to your iphone, log in. You'll be good to go. 

Luckily that I'm recording from the app, working perfect

1 minute ago, Eddie Money said:

The music sounds better than the band did with the extra guitar.  

I totally agree.  I feel like two guitars as opposed to three frees up a lot of harmonic space, gives a tad more clarity to everything in general

Just now, paranoyd androyd said:

They were something special. It is not the same band. It is the Slash show.

I was watching Axl performance with Tom Petty the other day and the guy was just a fuckin badass. The best frontman on the planet.

Their late night show performances from the 80's put this soundboard to shame.

• Like 2

Axl sounded good on TIL....that's the way the song is sung....wasn't Mickey....and Slash has gotten loads better than when I first heard him in Vegas on it....he's truly made the song his own and mastered it....better than the album version imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paranoyd androyd said:

it is the best we have, if Matt or Steven ever came back, we'd think how did we listen to this 2017 era and think it was Guns, it is like listening to Guns from 2006-20014 and thinking how did we ever think it is Guns?

4 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Axl owning TIL right now.

Well, I've spoken negatively, so here's something positive.

I will give Slash credit for really trying to make TIL his own. He has changed the solo time and time again, and, to his credit as an artist, he's trying to give his spin to something he had nothing to do with. Partly because he gave up on it pre '96 but, that's a different subject...

I give him credit for trying a toy he just can't justify. Respect for you hasn't been forgotton, though, robin finck