Poll: Which scenario is more realistic for the future of GN'R?

The Future of GN'R  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted side projects.   I want more touring.  I need to see them again.  A lot of "I"'s because it's all about me Lol.   Still hoping to figure out a way to be in Vegas in November.  

Edited by Original

I'd love to say new material, but if history has taught us anything about GnR, it's that when everybody else is saying "surely the next logical move is... xyz" GNR do the opposite. The next logical move in 2012,2013,2014 was to record and release a new record but instead it was more touring. Everyone wants a new record, some want them on the road all the time, but even they have to get tired of the same songs, in the same order - I've seen the NITL show twice, I LOVE gnr, but that's enough for me without them varying things a lot more.

• Like 2

Even if they released a new album in 2018, it couldn't support a stadium tour in the same markets they played a year ago.

Probably they'll do some more touring in the summer of 2018 (places they haven't played yet or there's still enough demand, and maybe festivals) and then side projects. New music, if there's going to by any, will come after that (hopefully they'll use the 2018 break to write and record) followed by a new big tour - otherwise they'll be regrouping occasionally between side projects as a legacy act.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Although hard to say, if they're going to continue touring off of the glory of the first album, then it's time to conclude the band. Let Slash and Duff continue being creative in their side ventures and Axl with Angus. I'm thankful for the NITL tour and the ability to see them but at this point, I've heard their small catalog enough, and they're the only band I know that has this much popularity yet being the least creative. Their image and sense of recklessness is what made them who they are, and even that isn't really there anymore. Slash is still slash but only 3/5th's of the original band is left and Axl is nowhere close vocal wise to what he was. They used to be a 1-2 punch and now it's more like a light jab. Again, if they plan on releasing new tapes, I'm all for it. I feel there's still more potential as a unit, more riffs and if Axl chooses to give his AC/DC effort he could actual lay down some great vocals. I actually dig the new band. But no sense in wasting precious years of their life touring on dated music. That's just my take. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not understand the reluctance to release some sort of archival thing for the 30th anniversary of Appetite. Alright, we've established Rose hates releasing new material but what is the harm in releasing the old demos. At an absolute minimum they could have remastered up some of those 1980s demos and re-released Appetite with an extra disc or two, or even remastered the Ritz show. Instead we got a fashion range!

I don't understand it either. I don't know... maybe it's because of Axl's conflict with Interscope and he doesn't want to release anything under that label?

I believe Slash and Duff are goin back to their solo stuff but I dont see Axl doin an AC/DC album, I dont think Angus would risk his fanbase cause Brian is already recovered.

Maybe Axl and Angus will do something together but no AC/DC.

Then more touring in 2019.

But if GNR surprise us all with a new album, I dont think it will happen before mid-end 2018.

Logical choice would be to release *SOMETHING*. They have regained some (a large portion) of their momentum. Sure, they can add some more dates to NITL, but that would only water it down in my opinion. Especially in the US they have milked this cow untill its almost dry. They could (might) do a run of Euro festivals next june/july, they had a great run here so they could make some extra bank on that, but organizer won't pay them the absolute jackpot anymore, as the buzz about the reunion has surely worn off a bit by then, so they'll just be paid in line with other huge rock/metal acts (Rammstein/Metallica/Maiden/etc). 

I think a new album would be too much, it has proven to be quite difficult for this band, and old tensions will resurface. I'd expect a sort of remixed CD2, with perhaps some unreleased music Axl has done during CD1, with obviously Slash and Duff reworking it a bit. A few live additions  (Seeker/Coma/Attitude/etc) and you have a new double CD. They could tour in support of that, although the mega buzz that surrounded the reunion is over by the time they'll reach end of November. And its not gonna return unless they release an album with 10-12 NEW tracks, and its good. Very good.

I bet we'll see a summer Euro guns tour playing the big festivals and a somewhat quiet first half of the year. Betting on Download and Sweden rock just going by the talk that went on during the speculation period (2015-2016) before the line up and shows were announced.

8 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Logical choice would be to release *SOMETHING*. They have regained some (a large portion) of their momentum. Sure, they can add some more dates to NITL, but that would only water it down in my opinion. Especially in the US they have milked this cow untill its almost dry. They could (might) do a run of Euro festivals next june/july, they had a great run here so they could make some extra bank on that, but organizer won't pay them the absolute jackpot anymore, as the buzz about the reunion has surely worn off a bit by then, so they'll just be paid in line with other huge rock/metal acts (Rammstein/Metallica/Maiden/etc). 

I think a new album would be too much, it has proven to be quite difficult for this band, and old tensions will resurface. I'd expect a sort of remixed CD2, with perhaps some unreleased music Axl has done during CD1, with obviously Slash and Duff reworking it a bit. A few live additions  (Seeker/Coma/Attitude/etc) and you have a new double CD. They could tour in support of that, although the mega buzz that surrounded the reunion is over by the time they'll reach end of November. And its not gonna return unless they release an album with 10-12 NEW tracks, and its good. Very good.

I know Axl is super shy about releasing g music, BUT when he does, he doesn't like to just throw out the most digestible version of the band for the sake of harmony in the band or fan reaction... He likes to challenge the direction and go new places, can't see them reworking anything from the original Chinese album, I can imagine them working on Chinese era material and I can imagine the band working on all new compositions. 

Realistically a new full length album is the best way for them to lengthen their stay and refresh the product they've been selling for the past 18 months. I also think that considering they are getting on well on tour, they can do the same in a recording environment. Let's face it, they won't be cutting an album live in the floor, Axl will do his vocals on his own at his pace.

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not understand the reluctance to release some sort of archival thing for the 30th anniversary of Appetite. Alright, we've established Rose hates releasing new material but what is the harm in releasing the old demos. At an absolute minimum they could have remastered up some of those 1980s demos and re-released Appetite with an extra disc or two, or even remastered the Ritz show. Instead we got a fashion range!

Yup.  If Def Leppard can release a box set of remastered Hysteria with live footage and bells and whistles, why can't Guns?

• Like 1