Polls: Best/Worst GN'R Rock in Rios

Best/Worst Guns n' Roses RIR  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Sosso said:

i dont't think that his voice "sucked" at the show from 2001 - especially compared to the show from this year. He still had some power in his voice and he was not sounding like Mickey.

of course he was

Edited by ludurigan

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

How anyone can rate this as the "worst" is beyond any logic

that can be seen as the beginning of the end -- or one of the many "beginnings" of the end -- so yes there is logic in that.

that was the day axl said to the world "i am guns n roses and i can do what i want under the guns n roses name including playing as guns n roses without izzy, slash, duff, steven"

thats probably the worse thing axl could have ever done, that is indeed a circus, so, yeah, that can be seem as one of the many worst moments in axl's post GNR career

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

that can be seen as the beginning of the end -- or one of the many "beginnings" of the end -- so yes there is logic in that.

that was the day axl said to the world "i am guns n roses and i can do what i want under the guns n roses name including playing as guns n roses without izzy, slash, duff, steven"

thats probably the worse thing axl could have ever done, that is indeed a circus, so, yeah, that can be seem as one of the many worst moments in axl's post GNR career

The beginning of the end was 2009, when Buckethead, Brain and Robin were out of the band (step by step)

Edited by Sosso

18 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Performance-wise, 2011 is still the worst. 2017 wasn't fantastic, but it was certainly better than 2011.

I mean, do you guys REMEMBER this?

100% Mickey! I think there's some cases where '11 beats '17 though, and vice versa. Both were equally terrible, but if you look at a song like YCBM Axl did a better job on that back in '11 and tried to incorporate a little rasp.

Love a poll.  Voted 91 and 2011 respectively.  

RIR 91 was when Slash and Axl were partners, as Slash put it, and best friends, as Axl put it.  And Slash didn't wear a stupid top hat and sunglasses on stage, just let his hair go wild while he rocked out, and he wasn't trying to be cool, he just was.  And Axl worked the crowd and could sing the shit out of anything you like while wearing something ridiculous and getting away with it because he could.  Because he was Axl fuckin' Rose.  Mind you, Duff had entered his dark days, and Steven was gone, so not everything was great.  But still...what a band they were back then.

Just now, Graeme said:

By that logic, 1987 GN'R is also so good it turned into DJ Ashba era GN'R...

And they all turned into 2016-17 which is some strange demented hybrid of old gnr and new gnr, like a sheep with a pig's head.

Seriously though I saw the band in 2006 in the Toon. Rose arrived on stage at around 11:30 or 12 or some hour. He stomped off stage before the end. Returned to complete the song. Stomped off stage again (before Paradise City). The entire setlist comprised of 1987-91 material (mostly Appetite in truth), songs written by Slash, Stradlin, McKagan - with the possible exception of The Blues (my memory is vague).

What a load of shite.

• Like 1