Polls: Best/Worst GN'R Rock in Rios

Best/Worst Guns n' Roses RIR  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Blake Sabbath said:

It's a cold day in hell when a Axl/Slash/Duff lineup show can't trump a few nuGNR lineup shows according to the hordes on here! ;-D

The line-ups with Bucket, Robin, Tommy and Brain were much tighter and had a much better chemistry than the current incarnation

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Blake Sabbath said:

It's a cold day in hell when a Axl/Slash/Duff lineup show can't trump a few nuGNR lineup shows according to the hordes on here! ;-D

It's crazy but I think even a few classic era purists would agree that the 2001 band was much more exciting than what we have now and it pains me to say that.

The reason being, this is a feathered fish. It's neither here nor there. 1/2 nu, 1/2 classic. It neither pleases the nu gnr fans nor the classic era fans.

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

The line-ups with Bucket, Robin, Tommy and Brain were much tighter and had a much better chemistry than the current incarnation

Exactly. Say what you will about them, that first lineup was an actual band like old guns. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And they all turned into 2016-17 which is some strange demented hybrid of old gnr and new gnr, like a sheep with a pig's head.

Seriously though I saw the band in 2006 in the Toon. Rose arrived on stage at around 11:30 or 12 or some hour. He stomped off stage before the end. Returned to complete the song. Stomped off stage again (before Paradise City). The entire setlist comprised of 1987-91 material (mostly Appetite in truth), songs written by Slash, Stradlin, McKagan - with the possible exception of The Blues (my memory is vague).

What a load of shite.

I saw them in Glasgow shortly after that, I think they came on about 22:00, which was about an hour after the support finished, tension definitely built up, the air was hot, people were getting impatient, but when the lights went down, the release was unbelievable. The whole place exploded, and that was it, rock and roll perfection until nearly 1am.

I've been to hundreds of gigs, but that was the best example of band and audience coming together and creating an atmosphere the like of which I've never experienced before or since.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

LOL.  People are just getting carried away.  I'll take Axl/Slash/Duff over NuGuns any day and this coming from a CD fan.  RIR was a bit shit and fans will wallow in the aftermath for a while yet.  At least until the next show where we get a mysterious new soundcheck jam and/or excellent cover.

• Like 1

Looking at RIR 2011, i still see an Axl who gives a fuck and members like Ron that actually cared about the fans. Now i see a band technically worst, a crazy and wasted Axl and everybody is just there because of the millions. Slash doesnt seems to give a shit either. His performances are very unimaginative and he doesnt look confort. 2017 is the worst RIR. Im really concern about the band that i will be going to see in a few days.

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I respect you @Graeme so i will do as me old mum used to say, "i you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all" 😶

You're usually level-headed and open minded. Don't write them off because of who they aren't, watch some videos with an open mind and you might be pleasantly surprised at the intensity and finesse of the performances.

• Like 1

I honstly forgot 2006 happened. And that's when he was playing the shit out of Chinese songs. Yet i voted for 2001 JUST for pue spectacle and balls it had for Guns n roses to even exist then LET ALONE as that incarnation. 2011 has my vote for the other. Fat axl meme AND not good vocal performance Trump anything as a bad omen for a GNR fan

7 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

LOL.  People are just getting carried away.  I'll take Axl/Slash/Duff over NuGuns any day and this coming from a CD fan.  RIR was a bit shit and fans will wallow in the aftermath for a while yet.  At least until the next show where we get a mysterious new soundcheck jam and/or excellent cover.

Well we got that tonight! Axl did an incredibly raspy as hell I Feel Good and then followed that with an equally raspy Nighttrain. Good performance by Axl tonight in Sao Paulo! 

13 hours ago, Graeme said:

I saw them in Glasgow shortly after that, I think they came on about 22:00, which was about an hour after the support finished, tension definitely built up, the air was hot, people were getting impatient, but when the lights went down, the release was unbelievable. The whole place exploded, and that was it, rock and roll perfection until nearly 1am.

I've been to hundreds of gigs, but that was the best example of band and audience coming together and creating an atmosphere the like of which I've never experienced before or since.

Not playing their own material though? If they were so good they would've played their own stuff.

Edited by DieselDaisy

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not playing their own material though? If they were so good they would've played their own stuff.

I would say that four songs from an unreleased album are not “nothing“'. They also had to play the old songs to please the audience.

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

I would say that four songs from an unreleased album are not “nothing“'. They also had to play the old songs to please the audience.

its more like they had to play GNR songs to have an audience, isnt it?

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

If this poll is supposed to have any meaning, it would have to skip Rio 91, otherwise it's that useless old Guns vs new Guns stuff all over again...

If this poll is supposed to have any meaning, it would have to skip everything after Rio 91, otherwise it's that useless Guns n Roses vs Axl Rose solo career stuff all over again...

every single rock in rio show has sucked as in worst of GNR during the period that they played it 

i'll talk about 91 the rest of the shows are self explanatory 

in 91 the only good song they did is the first one PTU with that energy and axl sounded good, for the large part the band were not really in tune or groove and axl's vocals were broken for largely those 2 shows it is ironic that for the rock and rios that the exact same problems mostly in regards to axl and the band sounding like shit or bland are present 

5 hours ago, Endless2404 said:

I voted best Rock in Rio 2006, not because it was the one i went to, but Axl was on TOP and he sang my favorite GNR songs with some very good vocals.

Then i voted worst Rock in Rio 2011, which it obviously doesn't need introduction... 

problem with 2006 was that although Axl sounded good it had zero intrigue and nothing new in terms of setlist making the current setlist all the more terrible 

18 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

problem with 2006 was that although Axl sounded good it had zero intrigue and nothing new in terms of setlist making the current setlist all the more terrible 

2006 had no new music? What's with songs like Better or I.R.S.?

I honestly can't understand or agree that people think Rio 2017 is worse than Rio 2011. Better lineup, setlist, Axl can actually remember the lyrics, he sounded better ect. 2011 was ROCK bottom for this band. I can't even believe I'd see the day that people yearn for the 2011 lineup over what we have now. Unbelievable.

Edited by History2010

4 hours ago, History2010 said:

I honestly can't understand or agree that people think Rio 2017 is worse than Rio 2011. Better lineup, setlist, Axl can actually remember the lyrics, he sounded better ect. 2011 was ROCK bottom for this band. I can't even believe I'd see the day that people yearn for the 2011 lineup over what we have now. Unbelievable.

they are the same show in the most parallel way context wise 

• Like 1