Best moments from the NITL tour!

For me it was the first São Paulo gig in 2016, specially This I Love. 

Never really cared for the song but the mood at that night turned it into a fantastic experience for me, it rained during the whole gig (yoy can see on my avatar, pic was took that night) and it stoped during November Rain and people put some red baloons on the air. Cool to see. 

The whole Troubadour thing was also amazing. 

Edited by default_

Went to two awesome shows:

- Metlife Stadium (first show): Axl wished Slash Happy Birthday.  Gorgeous summer night with a HUGE crowd.

- Hartford: PROSTITUTE played for the first time, Axl and Slash were very loose and jovial.  Slash did walking hand stands after the bow like the old days.  4tus hit me with TWO picks but I couldn't get them in the craziness of the pit. Great times. 

For me it was when Steven showed up at the Dodger Stadium gig, I was so happy to see 4/5 of the lineup on stage that provided me with the soundtrack to my childhood with Appetite!  It was really cool, and just the whole gig in general was something special

It would be easy to pick one of the shows I attended, but honestly the anticipation of the Troubadour gig was immense.

Honorable mention to the firing of Chris Pitman and him calling us a bunch of dildos. I remember the buzzkill when he posted the Coachella poster and we all realized that that clown would be on stage with Slash and Duff. Then he got fired like a day or two later. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

26 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It would be easy to pick one of the shows I attended, but honestly the anticipation of the Troubadour gig was immense.

Honorable mention to the firing of Chris Pitman and him calling us a bunch of dildos. I remember the buzzkill when he posted the Coachella poster and we all realized that that clown would be on stage with Slash and Duff. Then he got fired like a day or two later. :lol:

Can you explain me that thing about bunch of dildos? lol i don't know about it

4 hours ago, Pitchingnr said:

Went to two awesome shows:

- Metlife Stadium (first show): Axl wished Slash Happy Birthday.  Gorgeous summer night with a HUGE crowd.

- Hartford: PROSTITUTE played for the first time, Axl and Slash were very loose and jovial.  Slash did walking hand stands after the bow like the old days.  4tus hit me with TWO picks but I couldn't get them in the craziness of the pit. Great times. 

prostitute was really good that night at hartford, i loved when slash did that hand stand at the end 

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Wasn't it because of something on the mygnr.com site? Like his last name was misspelled or something? :lol: That whole thing was pretty funny anyway.

That's actually a separate thing believe it or not. 

His birthday is wrong on mygnr.com and he was super pissed we said we couldn't change it. He didn't seem to believe that we don't own that domain and can't change anything on it. 

Separate from that, he threw a couple of drunken (I assume) online rants during and after being let go from GN'R. It was during one of those that he said something like "the dildos at mygnr" or something along those lines.

Both occurrences are humorous either way :lol:

• Haha 2

The fuckin ego on some people is unreal. I mean, if I’m in GnR as the wobbly keyboardist and lead towel waver, do I really give the slightest bit of a fuck if a fan website listed my birthday wrong? To get the least bit pissed about that blows my mind, but to fuckin get all unhinged about it? Wow. Now that’s batshit crazy.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The fuckin ego on some people is unreal. I mean, if I’m in GnR as the wobbly keyboardist and lead towel waver, do I really give the slightest bit of a fuck if a fan website listed my birthday wrong? To get the least bit pissed about that blows my mind, but to fuckin get all unhinged about it? Wow. Now that’s batshit crazy.

That was my take on things. I met Chris a couple times over the years and he always came off as a really good dude. Then the shit went down with his online rants and I was pretty surprised. 

• Like 1

I think the deal here is that some of these nu gunners really bought into this idea that they were truly part of the band and that they had some value to the organization beyond being paycheck warriors. Pitman and Bumblefoot in particular really internalized that. And before them, Matt Sorum went through the same thing where he never wanted to see the situation for what it really is, that he's just a replacement - a paid employee, nothing more, nothing less. Axl wanted it both ways - he wanted them to feel like part of a band but on his terms without any of the financial and creative cache that goes along with that. 

It seems like Pitman got his wake up call when the reunion was announced and he was bitchslapped by management. I can imagine the shock he probably felt thinking - "I've been in this band for 18 years, longer than the originals - I've stuck with Axl through the whole Chinese Democracy era and all the low points - and now they're casting me aside like some nobody once Duff and Slash return to the fold 20 years later? Where is the loyalty?"  I imagine that's the internal dialogue that probably prompted the outburst. And as much of a douche as he is, on some level, it's understandable. Him and Bumble weren't as pragmatic as Dizzy, Fortus, Tommy, and hell - even Gilby, to see the situation for what it really is - they're expendable

Pitman should have remembered this immortal quote from Rambo 2:

What mean expendable John Rambo?

It's like someone invites you to a party, and you don't show up. It doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I think the deal here is that some of these nu gunners really bought into this idea that they were truly part of the band and that they had some value to the organization beyond being paycheck warriors. Pitman and Bumblefoot in particular really internalized that. And before them, Matt Sorum went through the same thing where he never wanted to see the situation for what it really is, that he's just a replacement - a paid employee, nothing more, nothing less. Axl wanted it both ways - he wanted them to feel like part of a band but on his terms without any of the financial and creative cache that goes along with that. 

It seems like Pitman got his wake up call when the reunion was announced and he was bitchslapped by management. I can imagine the shock he probably felt thinking - "I've been in this band for 18 years, longer than the originals - I've stuck with Axl through the whole Chinese Democracy era and all the low points - and now they're casting me aside like some nobody once Duff and Slash return to the fold 20 years later? Where is the loyalty?"  I imagine that's the internal dialogue that probably prompted the outburst. And as much of a douche as he is, on some level, it's understandable. Him and Bumble weren't as pragmatic as Dizzy, Fortus, Tommy, and hell - even Gilby, to see the situation for what it really is - they're expendable

It's like someone invites you to a party, and you don't show up. It doesn't really matter.

I agree with all you say about Pitman, but no way on Bumble. He was always humble I think and never tried to act like he was something above his role. He wanted to move forward and make new music because he thought they were an awesome band and could do some good things. He treated the fans better, and still does although he’s kinda in obscurity these days, than anybody who has ever been in GnR. Bumble seems like just a regular real dude without any blown out ego. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RONIN said:

One of the best posts of the year. Especially for the Rambo 2 quote. LOL

But yea, agreed.

One thing though: Ron seemed to me like he really wanted to help Axl produce some new cool music. And his talent (beyond anyone else in NuGNR at the time) could have helped with the creation of some cool Axl & Talented Company music. 

Seems like Axl (or perhaps, Team Fucking Brazil???) chose differently. After a while. LOL. Definition of EXPENDABLES indeed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I agree with all you say about Pitman, but no way on Bumble. He was always humble I think and never tried to act like he was something above his role. He wanted to move forward and make new music because he thought they were an awesome band and could do some good things. He treated the fans better, and still does although he’s kinda in obscurity these days, than anybody who has ever been in GnR. Bumble seems like just a regular real dude without any blown out ego. 

Exactly on point. 

Fact is, Ron is a fucking guitar genius. Always been. A pioneer. A bender of rules, Matrix-style. I can see why Axl wanted him. But I think he was way too far ahead even for a super intelligent and perceptive human being as Mr Rose himself. 

• Like 1

So anyway... I forgot to say what I was gonna say in this thread to begin with. One moment I’ll always remember from this tour was in KC in ‘16, and the dude next to me passing me his bowl. I hadn’t smoked (believe me I used to) in over 10 years. A minute later DTJ started and Slash was like 50’ in front of me, jamming, and the spotlights from the upper deck were reflecting from his shades right into my eyes. Fuckin A that was great. That’s my personal favorite moment of the 3 shows I saw on this tour...

• Like 1