Why I think new music is coming

38 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Axl and Angus recording together would produce the best hard rock album of the last 20+ years, without a doubt. Anyone into rock music should be desperate for it to happen, I know I am.

It depends on whether Axl would contribute more than just laying vocals. I would be interested to hear what these two can do together and it probably would be good hard rock.

But if Axl is going to just sing Angus's silly lyrics, I'm not so sure :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It depends on whether Axl would contribute more than just laying vocals. I would be interested to hear what these two can do together and it probably would be good hard rock.

But if Axl is going to just sing Angus's silly lyrics, I'm not so sure :lol:

No, no, no... Axl definitely MUST sing the silly lyrics, that's the true spirit of AC/DC. I don't want them to write Use Your Illusion 3. :lol:

Straight up hard rock, Axl vox/Angus riffs will be sensational, then he can do what he wants with GN'R. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, bucketfoot said:

No, no, no... Axl definitely MUST sing the silly lyrics, that's the true spirit of AC/DC. I don't want them to write Use Your Illusion 3. :lol:

Straight up hard rock, Axl vox/Angus riffs will be sensational, then he can do what he wants with GN'R. :lol:

I didn't mean something like Catcher In The Rye upon Angus's riffs. :lol:That would be... :rofl-lol:

Just something compatible with the AC/DC formula, but not as silly as Angus's lyrics, something Bon Scott-ish at least.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

What is up with everybody thinking about Axl/DC?

I think thats a thing of the past and it will probably never happen again. I don't think there will ever be another Axl/DC tour and an album? Not in this lifetime 

Agree.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't mean something like Catcher In The Rye upon Angus's riffs. :lol:That would be... :rofl-lol:

Just something compatible with the AC/DC formula, but not as silly as Angus's lyrics, something Bon Scott-ish at least.

Haha! Yeah I know, I was semi-joking. If Axl wanted to contribute some Bon-style edgier lyrics that'd be even better, Bon was a great lyricist.

I'd still be happy enough hearing him sing the silly stuff though. :lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Trying to mentally piece together how Catcher would sound with Angus riffs...LOL

• Haha 1

Everyone will know when they start piecing together a new album. The number of people involved in a GNR project is unreal. The odds of I‎t not leaking are extreamly small. They will have to rent a space, get sound engineers, I‎t will be a massive undertaking. 

The silence currently is more indicative of of these guys being on break. 

I would guess activity will begin around March or April. If something is happening then the rumblings start in the spring. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

This won't be a popular opinion here but imho, they should just release Chinese 2 and 3 w/ Slash and Duff re-configuring the songs (w/ Izzy if possible). Then just release a GnR boxset afterwards with all the buckethead era demos and mid-90s stuff (if any of those demos have vocals) to keep the nu guns and classic era fans happy. 

Not sure I want to see GnR go backwards in time with a watered down generic AFD-lite cock rock album - which is probably what we'll get, something one notch above Contraband. Axl seems to be into that kind of music now with his connection to AC/DC. A back to basics "appetite" style album to keep Slash, Duff, and the critics happy seems like the most obvious next step. Unless they're going to try to innovate and do something different - there's simply no need to go down this tired road. Just release the good stuff from the mid-90's - early 00's with the primo Axl vocals. 

I agree, I don't think I'd want to see GN'R simply do an AFD thing again, it'd be pointless because they will never top AFD. So what I'd hope for is that Axl uses AC/DC as the cock-rock outlet and GN'R for the more expansive stuff. That'd be ideal.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RONIN said:

This won't be a popular opinion here but imho, they should just release Chinese 2 and 3 w/ Slash and Duff re-configuring the songs (w/ Izzy if possible). Then just release a GnR boxset afterwards with all the buckethead era demos and mid-90s stuff (if any of those demos have vocals) to keep the nu guns and classic era fans happy. 

Not sure I want to see GnR go backwards in time with a watered down generic AFD-lite cock rock album - which is probably what we'll get, something one notch above Contraband. Axl seems to be into that kind of music now with his connection to AC/DC. A back to basics "appetite" style album to keep Slash, Duff, and the critics happy seems like the most obvious next step. Unless they're going to try to innovate and do something different - there's simply no need to go down this tired road. Just release the good stuff from the mid-90's - early 00's with the primo Axl vocals. 

I think this makes lots of sense.  And it would no doubt be pretty incredible.  The vocal issue is key. It also makes sense in the economic landscape of the industry - the stuffs mostly done.  Even the production and mix templates can be dialled up at the click of a button.  Id still wanna hear the final mixes with the original performances of the CD stuff though.  Id be confident that Diz and Mel could blend with Axl to record some new vocals for the 90's stuff - even if thats not what I or any other fan might call ideal.  Also, in studio, he goes line by line anyways.  I know he's got the goods still!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Very unpopular opinion.

I don't want to hear CD 2, 3 or 7, with or without Slash.

Let GNR be GNR. Axl, Slash and Duff are very well capable to write a great record on their own using the GNR formular. The GNR formular was more than just AFD.

It's the music why I became a fan of this band. Why'd I want them to change it?

Axl had his opportunity and he more or less failed.

Let Guns N' Roses be Guns N' Roses!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

56 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Yeah, I agree. At this stage a UYI approach would be better than an AFD one (as far as the material goes, not the process).

I'd like them to work on the scrapped material from the mid 90s, before Slash left. Some of it may have been used already (in Slash's and VR albums), but I'm sure there's still unused stuff. Then pick the best of the incomplete stuff from the CD era and work on it. Add some brand new songs, both Slash and Axl stuff, maybe also a Duff one, and there is an album. If Izzy is involved that would be even better, but even the three of them could do it.

As for the completed or almost completed Buckethead/Finck CD era stuff, I think it should stay as it is and Axl find a way of releasing it (in a box set, under another name like "GnR-Chinese Democracy", whatever). Although I'm not a big fan, I'd be interested to hear that stuff. And more importantly, I don't think it would be fair for those people to see their work discarded and redone.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

As would Axl and Slash

Hopefully we get both.

11 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Best hard rock album?

Adding Axl’s vocals to an album that has been released 100 times won’t lift it from generic and derivative to “the best hard rock album of the last 20+ years”.

Name something from the last 20 years that would come close to Axl and Angus on record together?

AXL/DC is certainly coming back in '18 and i'm excited as hell about it!!!

A "new" Gn'R album is surely gonna come too with some leftovers from CD on it, I'd put my money in late '19 or early '20. Before that a NITL DVD is gonna be out. 

All in all should be an exciting year if we get the privilegie of having another AXL/DC & Gn'R tour. 

9 minutes ago, tremolo said:

I’ve never heard that combination making original music, so it’s all speculation. But considering The last we heard of Axl’s voice, and the fact that AC/DC have pretty much released the same album around 9 or 10 times... it’s formulaic, derivative, and predictable, which makes it boring, which takes it far from being the best hard rock album of the last 20+ years.

You might be right, but nothing really points in that direction. Experience dictates the opposite, actually.

Do you not think they both looked on fire during the AXL/DC shows? They both looked inspired to me. If they captured that on record it'd be incredible.

Edited by bucketfoot

It's a shame that both GN'R and AC/DC  miss a key member for the writing progress !! Izzy and Malcome !!

al tho Izzy can come back to Guns, AC/DC wil never be the same !!!

I hope Angus doesn't make the same mistake Axl did !! Maybe WAR is the collaboration With Angus and Axl !! With Shitbag as the rythm gitarist!!! 

3 minutes ago, tremolo said:

You’re changing the subject from creating and releasing “the best hard rock album of the last 20+ years” to live performances.

Well you suggested there is no evidence that they would create something fantastic, I'm saying there is judging by the chemistry they have.

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Apparently Brian is on the mend so  they probably will just use him anyway. 

Or angus will retire AC/DC as I think he should with Malcolm’s passing and all. It’s really not AC/DC anymore anyway.

God heard you@Megaguns1982👍