06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

In 2016 he was larger than now and his voice was a lot better so it's not that. 

Getting Fit would affect mostly his breathing so it would help him but it wouldn't just recover his voice.

He needs vocal couch like in 2016

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just wondering, would that crowd be the biggest that Slash and Duff have played Slither to?  I didn't follow VR so don't know what size crowds they were playing to back in the day.

They played this exact same festival multiple years I believe, so this is possibly the largest but I bet its close. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Full show...honestly they could pick anything from first 30 minutes or so, Axl sounded good! After the first bit of Jungle it was a decent version!
Perhaps a re-jig of the set list to help Axl not get winded is needed...
Also some folks won't like this, but what we need is AXL/DC back...he'll get into shape for Angus, by fire or fury...then a GNR tour to follow like before

to take advantage :headbang:

actually first hour is really solid....ya not 2010 but it's a good day Axl 2017 for sure...better in some bits without ever

reaching 2016, sadly.
Certainly serviceable...just watched to past an hour and it's pretty enjoyable ! 
Quite a few bumps follow but in the comments section on Download page, the first half seems to have left most

of them happy and willing to ignore the quality dips as lots of nice comments. Overall a show like this and turning up on time has just

continued to eradicate Axl's former bad rep. So that's cool too

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

My friend was there and said THOUSANDS of people were going to the toilets during his RQ solo, blues jams. Said it deflated the set. Great while they were playing actual songs, and boring while they "jammed". He said Slash was actually one of the down points because of it actually. And we both live Slash, but come on!!!

Slash plays way too many solos and it was same when we saw them last year and the year before. One big solo section is more than enough. And Richard can have a small solo in heavens door or whatever. Cut the flab.

Just...can't confirm

can anyone recall the rolling stones song being played last night ? being big stones fans me and my brother spotted it straight off the bat but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in this thread or on setlist.fm 

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

My friend was there and said THOUSANDS of people were going to the toilets during his RQ solo, blues jams. Said it deflated the set. Great while they were playing actual songs, and boring while they "jammed". He said Slash was actually one of the down points because of it actually. And we both live Slash, but come on!!!

Slash plays way too many solos and it was same when we saw them last year and the year before. One big solo section is more than enough. And Richard can have a small solo in heavens door or whatever. Cut the flab.

I love Slash, but I hate the RQ extended solo bullshit. They need to play it like the album. The only solo spot Slash should have is the "Godfather" theme. I consider Double Talkin Jive (which I love) to be a Slash solo as well.

2 are enough in one set.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sources said:

They played this exact same festival multiple years I believe, so this is possibly the largest but I bet its close. 

Velvet Revolver played at live 8 Hyde park in 2005, Attendance of 205,000

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slitherz said:

Great Slither video

The person recording this an imbecile. The best part of the song(Slash's solo) is not captured. I have seen this happen on many Slither videos. What the fuck are people thinking? Maybe they only like Axl.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Creed said:

Solid. But the high 'Here comes the water' part sounds annoying to me. Why isn't he using his normal/deep voice? Don't get it. Its easier to sing and sounds better. Dude is addicted to Helium...

While i saying this i hope they are going to try some other slash stuff from the past as well like Anastasia, Give in to me, always on the run, etc

That high voice in the chorus does it GNRish. That's the least what I expected. It's the same with Slash's CD solos. They're the stars of this band so I'm expecting them not to just cover the original parts but to change them a bit and make them recognizable as GNR.

46 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I love Slash, but I hate the RQ extended solo bullshit. They need to play it like the album. The only solo spot Slash should have is the "Godfather" theme. I consider Double Talkin Jive (which I love) to be a Slash solo as well.

2 are enough in one set.

Exactly. Plus while he's technically probably at the top of his game, his impro skills have disminished since a few years. He noodles. No feel at all.

1 hour ago, donny said:

can anyone recall the rolling stones song being played last night ? being big stones fans me and my brother spotted it straight off the bat but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in this thread or on setlist.fm 

May be thinking of this which resides in a Slash noodle prior to KOHD,  which is often mistaken for a Stones thing - besides that can't think of anything actually Stones

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EvH said:

Exactly. Plus while he's technically probably at the top of his game, his impro skills have disminished since a few years. He noodles. No feel at all.

I know Slash doesn't like playing the same stuff twice, but he should start playing some of his old stuff again. It has been such a long time that it would be like new. I would love for him to play Double Talkin Jive exactly like he did in Paris '92. He should watch some old videos and play that shit again.

1 minute ago, swishtz said:

May be thinking of this which resides in a Slash noodle prior to KOHD,  which is often mistaken for a Stones thing - besides that can't think of anything actually Stones

did you not hear slash and 4tus playing "waiting on a friend" ? 

15 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

I was there and it's the first time I've noticed he stops and changes his voice rather than just holding back screams.

This I love and coma he changes pitch, it works better on coma. He missed a line in YCBM and he threw a line to the crowd for PC. I also think the heavens door screams weren't as epic as it usually is. Patience outro was weak and estranged seemed to be Mickey.

I do remember last summer Axl picked up after about 6 shows 

Positives, Welcome to the Jungle sounded amazing. Shadow and slither seemed to be the best performed yet. He was in a good mood and everyone enjoyed themselves.

I also witnessed a proposal and some woman getting  naked and shoving a dilso inside her and down her throat....yeah.... Only at a festival.

Right... regarding the dildo situation... when i was heading for a piss about mid way through, i walked over a big black dildo and a double ended one. Didnt give it much of a thought at the time lol! Pissed and listenin to GNR etc..  front left side of stage. You rekon these items were in active use?! Amazed.

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I remember that, there was a group near us singing the song and everyone was wondering why lol 

after nightrain and before patience. that was deffo the rolling stones waiting on a friend. cant believe no one has picked up on it. 

reminds me of when Gilby and slash used to play the stones classic "wild horses" 

1 minute ago, donny said:

after nightrain and before patience. that was deffo the rolling stones waiting on a friend. cant believe no one has picked up on it. 

reminds me of when Gilby and slash used to play the stones classic "wild horses" 

Yes, I remember it well because those guys were still singing it really loudly whilst Patience started and people were telling them to stfu :lol:

• Haha 1