06/24/18 - Mannheim, Germany - Maimarktgelände

downzy

He sounds tired on Civil War...BUT also has a real edge to his voice as well, and he certainly put everything he had into that performance!

Love the "history" as well he did on that 3rd chorus!

Sounds like a very good concert, Shadow sounded electric despite timing issues, and Slither was also improved again.

Definately a huge improvement overall since Berlin, certainly seems like one of the better post 2016 shows.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Fun fact: I am pretty sure I was standing behind the guy who keeps yelling "thank you axl" during the Apollo show. He did the same last night, luckily not as much as in Apollo, but it sounded just the same.

Every time I listen to the Apollo concert and hear that guy, I want to kick him in the dick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Fun fact: I am pretty sure I was standing behind the guy who keeps yelling "thank you axl" during the Apollo show. He did the same last night, luckily not as much as in Apollo, but it sounded just the same.

Seem with this show they finally had reconciliation with Germany crowd ,on FB page you read pretty praise this gig.

11 hours ago, *ParadiseCityGirl* said:

Watched this set on instagram live last night I thought axl sounded pretty damn good for the majority. WTTJ was the most on point I’ve heard in a while. I wasn’t cringing while watching like through some of the other shows on this leg! So fun to see these MASSIVE metal festivals you Europeans get over there! *jealous*

Agreed on Jungle...going to dive in and watch some from the show now. Anything in particular worth my time? Would love a Don't Cry from last show too, anyone put one of those up at all yet?

8 hours ago, jafeijo said:

Civil War was great! Axl strong as fuck, also noticed that the crowd was really into it, not so many phones. I think this is the best video of a 2018 GNR gig I saw this year.

Keep it up Axl ;)

His voice is slightly cracking in small parts. He might need a slight break for a bit so that it doesn't get worse.

49 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Please don’t let them play another cover in honor of a dead musician. I love all the songs, don’t  get me wrong, but they could do away with them now and add in some deep cuts.

what became Slither was a rejected by Axl in the 90s. So it was originally composed as a GNR song.

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Plus Fall to Pieces wasn't rejected by Axl. Slash rejected it as soon as Axl showed some interest to it, at least according to Axl.

Yes, according to Axl. According to Slash it was written later on. I think during the time with the Buckcherry guys... so who knows whats the truth

Edited by Free Bird

6 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Best Slither so far iMO...Axl seems very comfortable with it and giving it some!

Truly the best Slither performance of this tour by now. Axl seems to enjoy the song. His vocals aren't out of place anymore and it fist the song the way he sings 'em.

With that intro and the part before the solo it is the perfect song to celebrate a little jam session as did VR and SMKC.

Maybe... just maybe Slash and Duff still don't feel comfortable with Frank and Fortus as their rhythm section. Pure speculation. Could also be time issues or due to the many other jam sessions by Slash.

What I have to say. I'm happy that we've got some YouTube videos from each show but I don't get how somebody can film like that. I mean... I wanna see Axl during a song, when he is singing his parts. But when Slash plays his fucking solo it can't be so hard to film that guy. It's just for 20 seconds god dammit. Then you can switch to Axl again, what's the problem?!

8 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Best Slither so far iMO...Axl seems very comfortable with it and giving it some!

much better axl delivery

still cant figure out why on earth he keeps using the shitty clean high voice on the chorus

and the last part he is still out of the song

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You mean Fall To Pieces. Slither was written while VR was looking for a singer

I believe that parts of Slither were written for GNR if I remember  correctly. Slash had the riffs to the song in place and Axl rejected it because it was too Appetite for Destruction. Yes the song was finished with/ for Scott.