06/24/18 - Mannheim, Germany - Maimarktgelände

downzy

35 minutes ago, Mickey said:

FROM JARMO:

It’s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin’ Jive, Better, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Slither, Rocket Queen, Shadow Of Your Love, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose, This I Love, Civil War, Yesterdays, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Used To Love Her, Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell cover), Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Black Hole Sun, Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Don’t Cry, Patience,

Wow, they're really switching things up ;)

It was surprisingly good, I'd go as far as saying it was better than the show I saw last year in Vienna.
Axl exceeded my expectations. He wasn't perfect but did a decent job with the voice he has left, along with several standout moments, and was quite entertaining. Even sounded passable on the ones he usually sucks on (Estranged, TIL, YCBM). Nailed all the hard rock songs to the point where I'd happily take a set that's half as long and made exclusively of rockers - an AC/DC type set if you will. Speaking of, Shadow was one of the top songs of the night for me, such a good live piece! and it was fast, like they used to do it in the 80s.
The bit that's somewhat frustrating is he couldn't quite get a song 100% perfect, without losing his voice at least once, including most annoyingly right at the end on Nightrain and Patience. He was so close on those two!
He was only outright bad, I thought, on Coma, which was an overall mess after the slow part. Slash is usually reliable but that was a wtf level of bad on the solo.
Underrated songs: Double Talkin Jive has been one of the highlights of the night each of the last three times I saw Slash (twice GNR and once Conspirators); The Seeker is pure electricity, I love it everytime!
But yeah, less bloated, cracking jokes, and all that.
PS that motorcycle chair still looks fucking stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2