Are you satisfied with the current state of affairs in GNR world?

Are you satisfied with the current state of affairs in GNR world?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, ramsey said:

Guess what!

I'm entitled to my own opinion as well, thank you. 

New music is coming. I can feel it  

Axl playing with Angus is epic, I'm stoked and can't wait! 

Not sure how Axl is slapping fans in the face by making an album with his all time favorite band and personal hero? The man is human after all. 

Agreed 100%, he's making an album with one of his hero's. Everyone is upset they will have to wait another couple years to get some new GNR music. 

They will record that is a given, this is an opportunity that Axl has to sieze, it's now or never for a chance to record with one of his hero's.. 

Once again Axl is doing what HE WANTS to do. I can't blame him for capitalizing on this, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ramsey said:

Guess what!

Not sure how Axl is slapping fans in the face by making an album with his all time favorite band and personal hero? The man is human after all. 

Good for you being stoked with Axl doing an AC/DC album. Glad you like it. Enjoy the release when it happens. 

If you can't work out why some fans would see it as a slap in the face I can't help you. 

You are entitled to believe new music is coming. You are entitled to believe anything you like. Time will prove one of us right and one of us wrong. The door is still open for Axl to do something GNR related for a while yet, but the longer he leaves it, the door closes ever so slightly more imo. 

On 28/03/2018 at 4:12 PM, RazorGunner said:

Wasted is a matter of opinion, you cannot state something is a fact unless you can prove it with reliable and credible evidence. 

You are obviously confusing speculation and circumstantial evidence, so to speak-with fact. 

A fact is a statement that is consistent with reality or can be proven with evidence. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability — that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience. 

Honestly not interested in who "speculates the best", and doubt seriously I would learn a single solitary thing that would interest me from random assumptions, speculations and fan fiction.

Basically signed up to read the current news, but thanks for your input. :) 

Well that settles that. Thanks for your input. I'm glad you've once again graced the forum with your superior knowledge and wisdom of how this forum should be run.

Edited by Tadsy

34 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Well that settles that. Thanks for your input. I'm glad you've once again graced the forum with your superior knowledge and wisdom of how this forum should be run.

Straw man- an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Not once did I attempt to dictate to anyone how this forum "should be run" :blink:

Reading comprehension can be a handy tool.  

4 hours ago, ramsey said:

Guess what!

Agree 110%

Can't really comprehend how some fans are translating working on an ACDC album as a slap in the face. :blink:

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Good for you being stoked with Axl doing an AC/DC album. Glad you like it. Enjoy the release when it happens. 

If you can't work out why some fans would see it as a slap in the face I can't help you. 

If certain fans are so entitled to the point of considering Axl doing an album with one of his childhood favorite bands that would make him happy a "slap in the face", then I might have to question the mental stability of said fans lol

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Straw man- an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Not once did I attempt to dictate to anyone how this forum "should be run" :blink:

Reading comprehension can be a handy tool.  

Most certainly can. 

As can decorum when using this forum. 

Cheers

Lol at the people who are mad at Axl/DC/ Axl recording with one of his idols. 

Axl will always do what he wants when he wants so I don't understand why alot of people haven't come to terms with that. In today's music industry that is becoming more and more of a rare trait. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Most certainly can. 

As can decorum when using this forum. 

Cheers

I agree, adhering  to proprietary standards when expressing an opinion, being both civil and polite even when not sharing the same view is always a plus. :) 

And, to jump back on the actual topic, for the most part I'm very satisfied with the status quo. 

Edited by RazorGunner

I loved NewGNR for a time but don't miss it at all. Any hopes for new music died at Rio '11 and why would you miss a band touring hits which none of them wrote. '13-'14 seemed like the end of the road until Axl decided to somewhat revive his career. I would say I am satisfied as we speak, but who knows once the Slash/Myles and inevitable Axl/DC runs are done. Time will tell.

Since being on this forum since 2005 I have learned the fan base is NEVER satisfied.

There was a time (yeah,yeah) when we would all get excited about a potential Axl sighting. Then he came back in 2006. Tours went on and on, shows got longer and older songs came back into the set, people still found a way to complain. "Where slash?" Being the main complaint.

Now we have slash and duff back & 3.5 hour shows, toured the world twice and we are still complaining.

It's a reunion tour so I'm not sure why people are expecting new music, its not going to happen. The peak has gone and there is only money in touring. It's crazy to say but a band this big isn't worth putting out a new album because it will flop. So they will put out new music in there own projects and be measured as a success in their own restrospective markets.

I'm satisfied, I get it. It's not 1991. Roll on the summer one more time..

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 3

Mostly quite happy. 

Sorry, but remember how long we waited pre Chinese Democracy for something, anything to happen? They managed a US and European tour without any press conferences, interviews or announcements. 

We were practically hiring psychics to get that ever-postponed release date. 

you-dont-know-man-you-werent-there.jpg

• Like 2