Are you satisfied with the current state of affairs in GNR world?

Are you satisfied with the current state of affairs in GNR world?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm probably going to be told I'm wrong like every other time I post on the main forum, but here goes.

I don't have any issue with anything GN'R related right now. They're almost done with a massive world tour that rivals the UYI tour in terms of length and attendance.  They went from small arenas and Vegas residencies to playing multiple nights at stadiums. They're not a joke among their peers anymore. Do we want a new album? Of course we do, but making an album for any artist is a complex proccess. To sum it up: I understand where others would be upset about no album, but I personally can't find anything to complain about right now. 

Out of likes so I just wanted to say that these are my exact feelings.

• GNFNR 1

not really. cd ll was completed already and has been for years just sitting there. now it's pretty much as i've thought, everyone is gonna do their own thing and maybe down the road years from now we'll get to hear another album.

also while i am excited about axl doing an ac/dc album and it's always good to hear slash riffs and solos even with myles, it just feels like a guns album is never going to happen or will happen many years from now.

it just adds to the feeling they really are a nostalgia act now which is much less than what I think guns can be even with just slash and duff in the band with axl representing the old line up. they have a strong line up now, but axl takes his sweet time like always. it's just not gonna be as cool when they're 60 imo. could be worse though and at least there are some things to look forward to with axl and slash but again it's not together as gn'r which is a shame. 

Well of course we could always have more, we could have an album, we could have Steven/Izzy in some form on the NITL tour, we could have cheaper tickets, we could have more interviews, we could have less keyboardplayers.

But in general I can't feel bad, seeing where we came from (2001-2015) and what (and moreover; how) things have been done the last few years.

We got a semi-reunion with the big three
We had them playing the whole catalogue
We had three hour+ shows
They've been touring all over the world
We've had 0 incidents between members
We've had 0 incidents related starting late and/or people being too fucked up to perform
We've had our lead singer impress basically the whole rock world by filling a vacancy in one of the biggest RnR-bands of the world, and both bands were very supportive to one another.

I'm very curious how this chapter in GnR history will end, which it will after this summer tour. I'm not saying its the end for the band, but I think the NITL-chapter will be over. Will we just get the same setlist, same shows and before on this summer's NITL, will it just end without any tease/explanation or whatever? Or do we maybe get teased a new song, or after the tour a 'see you soon', 'we'll be back' like they've done before on social media?

Edited by LovelessNL

I got into GnR late due to my age (28 now) and was extremely thankful that I got to see them live a year ago with Slash and Duff. Broke the record for the biggest rock concert ever held in Singapore. An album now will really give me nothing to complain about, but I'm just happy Slash is at least making an album with SMKC. So yes, im happy about the current situation, but moving forward, they have to release something, and I still believe they will within the next year.

• Like 1

The positive is that an Axl/DC album will be 12 back to basics rock songs between 3-5 minutes, Axl, two guitars, a bass and drums. The Conspirators’ album will be 12 back to basics rock songs between 3-5 minutes, Slash, a singer, rhythm guitarist, bass and drums.

With GNR half the songs would need be 10 minutes long and the 7 current members just wouldn’t be enough to fill out the sound for Axl’s liking.

17 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm probably going to be told I'm wrong like every other time I post on the main forum, but here goes.

I don't have any issue with anything GN'R related right now. They're almost done with a massive world tour that rivals the UYI tour in terms of length and attendance.  They went from small arenas and Vegas residencies to playing multiple nights at stadiums. They're not a joke among their peers anymore. Do we want a new album? Of course we do, but making an album for any artist is a complex proccess. To sum it up: I understand where others would be upset about no album, but I personally can't find anything to complain about right now. 

For me it is not about having an album. It is about not knowing why. You say it is a "complex process". Well it is not complex for U2, AC/DC, Coldplay and many artists out there to make an album. I don't think it is a metter of complexity. If Axl doesn't want to make more albums, fine. It's not the end of the world. I just would like to know why. My problem with GN'R is not an album. It is the total lack of information. In two years we got one interview with some Brazilian T.V. channel. And even in that situation we couldn't get a straight answer.

Now we have another tour in Europe. And later Slash will be back with Conspirators. And then what? Is it the end of GN'R? Is GN'R a side project for them just to make money? It is the way the band has been operating for the last 20 years or so that I find it hard to deal with.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Padme said:

Is GN'R a side project for them just to make money? It is the way the band has been operating for the last 20 years or so that I find it hard to deal with.

All signs point to yes.

Hell, Axl seemed to enjoy himself a lot more playing with AC/DC than he does with Guns.  He likely feels creatively bankrupt with songwriting under the GNR moniker.

23 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

This is exactly where I am at 100 percent, great post

On 23/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, RONIN said:

Axl refuses to make a cock rock album with Slash for 25 years because of artistic integrity.

Angus calls Axl to sing over some butt rock songs and he drops everything. Makes perfect sense really.:facepalm:

It does, in a way. It's the fanboy syndrome. AC/DC had a big impact on Axl as he grew up and it has always remained strong, despite of the fact that he didn't want his own band to be like them (as far as staying on the same musical formula).

I think Axl would have done it at any time the opportunity had come (maybe with the exception of periods of deep depression); even when he had cornrows and was experimenting with bleeps. It just happened to be now.

Edited by Blackstar