Are you satisfied with the current state of affairs in GNR world?

Are you satisfied with the current state of affairs in GNR world?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

even when he had cornrows and was experimenting with bleeps.

:lol:

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It does, in a way. It's the fanboy syndrome. AC/DC had a big impact on Axl as he grew up and the impact of that has always remained strong, despite of the fact that he didn't want his own band to be like them (as far as staying on the same musical formula).

I think Axl would have done it at any time the opportunity had come (maybe with the exception of periods of deep depression); even when he had cornrows and was experimenting with bleeps. It just happened to be now.

Great point which I totally agree with. I think he would have always took the AC/DC gig if offered it and it's just unfortunate in a way that the opportunity arose around the same time as the reunion, meaning an album (if indeed, they intend to do another one) may have to take a back seat for a while, now he'll have to juggle both bands.

• Like 1

I want a live cd/dvd/blue ray of the recent tour with Slash and Duff.

I also want more US tour dates for either this year or next year. I want to ride the GNR reunion as far as it can go.

also would love to see GNR write new music and see if the old magic is still there.

Dokken just re-released The Beast from the East" and recorded a new song and honestly even though Don can't hit those high notes the song was pure Dokken and Don adjusted his voice and sounded awesome.

If Dokken can do it, GNR can certainly top that!

7 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Dokken just re-released The Beast from the East" and recorded a new song and honestly even though Don can't hit those high notes the song was pure Dokken and Don adjusted his voice and sounded awesome.

If Dokken can do it, GNR can certainly top that!

Saw that new song a couple of days ago, it's good stuff.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:40 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm probably going to be told I'm wrong like every other time I post on the main forum, but here goes.

I don't have any issue with anything GN'R related right now. They're almost done with a massive world tour that rivals the UYI tour in terms of length and attendance.  They went from small arenas and Vegas residencies to playing multiple nights at stadiums. They're not a joke among their peers anymore. Do we want a new album? Of course we do, but making an album for any artist is a complex proccess. To sum it up: I understand where others would be upset about no album, but I personally can't find anything to complain about right now. 

Agree 100% 

Some seem addicted to complaining, whining  and focusing on what's wrong instead of what's right, focusing on lack instead of gain.

For years people habitually complained about Slash being absent from the lineup, now that he's back they move the goalposts and find other things to be unhappy about. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Agree 100% 

Some seem addicted to complaining, whining  and focusing on what's wrong instead of what's right, focusing on lack instead of gain.

For years people habitually complained about Slash being absent from the lineup, now that he's back they move the goalposts and find other things to be unhappy about. 

Well that's where I come in lol. I've been unhappy ever since Robin left. I held out hope for a long time that maybe we'd at least hear more work he did with Guns but I've lost hope for that these days. 

I never needed or wanted Slash back but I'm very happy for all those who did. As far as I've always been concerned, I don't care who was in the lineup. I just wanted one of my favorite artists (Axl Rose) to keep producing new music in some sort of regular fashion. He could've had Ronald McDonald on keys for all I care, I was just hoping he'd give us more to enjoy especially in light of the fact that he spent so long promising it.

• Like 3

I guess im somwhere in the middle. Are things currently better than they have been the previous 20+ years? Of course, but thats not saying much. It cant get much worse than 96-2014 era GNR. 

Im glad I saw them in LA in 2016, It was surreal seeing those 3 up on stage...but that came and went for me and everything since then has kinda been meh,  when It probably should have been so much more. The being left in the dark is still a tough pill to swallow, It doesnt feel like mystique or anything like that, more of a we rather leave you in the dark because we can and tough shit if you dont like it.

Im not too bothered about them not working quickly to release something because I was never expecting it. To prevent hating the whole thing, you kinda have to reduce expectations to Zero. Plus I remain apathetic to the idea of a GNR album with Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer. 

Edited by NicDwolfwood

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It does, in a way. It's the fanboy syndrome. AC/DC had a big impact on Axl as he grew up and the impact of that has always remained strong, despite of the fact that he didn't want his own band to be like them (as far as staying on the same musical formula).

I think Axl would have done it at any time the opportunity had come (maybe with the exception of periods of deep depression); even when he had cornrows and was experimenting with bleeps. It just happened to be now.

Agreed. I figured that was his reasoning behind doing this but I just couldn't help but facepalm when I heard the news. :lol:

My only contention is - throw your long suffering fans a bone. My god this forum would lose their mind over even a remix album. It's hilarious (in a sad sort of way) that AC/DC fans are probably getting an album first (which most of them don't want) - from an artist/frontman who is literally incapable of releasing anything for his own fans. 

I'm reminded of this fan account of meeting Axl back in 2002:

He talked a bit about Izzy. He said that him composing with the old members is just a way of making some extra bucks, because he isn't touring with them. He talked about the Chicago review and that he just HAD to say something about it, because he knows they SMOKED. He said that Robin was pretty pissed at the review.

Again he mentioned how happy he is with the new band and that it's cool to see how these guys really take pleasure in playing with GN'R. He said that back when Appetite was recorded he had this vibe with the old band, but that the Illusions were pretty tough to put together and that he had to work really hard to make it. He said the old guys never wanted to be that big. At this point he said "if yoy're happy playing with AC/Dc or Michael Jackson good for you, but that's not what I wanted to do".

Of course he talked about Slash. He said Slash is really good at what he does but he wouldn't bring in any good material. Axl said he'd be more than happy to record something from Slash if he thought that was good, but that he just "couldn't see the GN'R name in something like Be The Ball". Can't blame him....

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/3567-izabels-review-of-meeting-gnr-at-msg/

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gackt said:

All signs point to yes.

Hell, Axl seemed to enjoy himself a lot more playing with AC/DC than he does with Guns.  He likely feels creatively bankrupt with songwriting under the GNR moniker.

Because he's not creating anything. He's played with some of the best musicians on earth in GnR and he chose to tinker with the music from those collaborations for 15-20 years instead of finishing it when it was fresh and moving on to something new. I imagine he's bored stiff of singing the same old songs on tour and tinkering in his studio on some Finck jam from 1998. Angus' normal approach to making and releasing music probably seems mindblowing to him now.

No. And that's why i will not spend any money with them. I went in 3 shows(NITL is one of them), so ok, im fine. If they just release or just PLAY some new songs live, maybe things will change to me. Maybe. The ticket prices are too expensive to watch/listen the saaaame setlist again...

45 minutes ago, RONIN said:

My only contention is - throw your long suffering fans a bone. My god this forum would lose their mind over even a remix album. It's hilarious (in a sad sort of way) that AC/DC fans are probably getting an album first (which most of them don't want) - from an artist/frontman who is literally incapable of releasing anything for his own fans. 

I agree. I can understand the risk of attempting to make an album (after what happened the last time), but why it's so difficult to release one song at least?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramsey said:

Anyone who voted no is living in fantasy land 

they've come so far and executed wonderfully 

not sure what the rest of you were expecting 

I'll address those first 3 sentences with these 3 sentences:

Not living in a fantasy world, would just like to hear more music from our favorite band. 

They've executed wonderfully, except for new music 

We were expecting new music

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Well that's where I come in lol. I've been unhappy ever since Robin left. I held out hope for a long time that maybe we'd at least hear more work he did with Guns but I've lost hope for that these days. 

I never needed or wanted Slash back but I'm very happy for all those who did. As far as I've always been concerned, I don't care who was in the lineup. I just wanted one of my favorite artists (Axl Rose) to keep producing new music in some sort of regular fashion. He could've had Ronald McDonald on keys for all I care, I was just hoping he'd give us more to enjoy especially in light of the fact that he spent so long promising it.

I very much enjoyed Robin in GNR, had been a fan of his in NIN and was very pleased he was in Guns. 

Axl might wish issues, people and conditions hadn't run interference with his plans for releases, sometimes all you can do is roll with the punches and change your game plan. 

I'm hopeful that someday some more from the CD sessions will be released in some shape or form.

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Agreed. I figured that was his reasoning behind doing this but I just couldn't help but facepalm when I heard the news. :lol:

I'm reminded of this fan account of meeting Axl back in 2002:

I know of many viewpoints and Ideas I had 16 years ago that I no longer embrace or consider. 

People and Ideas can change a great deal in that amount of time. 

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

ikr? I don't understand the people who are so happy and content that they feel the need to come here and harang us lol. Happy people don't do that. When I'm enjoying myself I don't think "You know what would make this perfect? If I stop and hound some folks." lmfao. 

It's because they would rather be petty and lecture us and give us a hard time rather than risk facing reality and having their own bubble burst. It's very self-indulgent and silly. Ironically, they should lighten up not the people complaining(quite reasonably I might add) about the band.

People simply have different, and even opposing views and ways of looking at things. 

Doesn't mean either side is somehow flawed or self indulgent and silly. 

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

2+2=4

"I don't agree with your simplistic summation." Yeah okay lol.

No.

Here's part of your quote:

"It's because they would rather be petty and lecture us and give us a hard time rather than risk facing reality and having their own bubble burst. It's very self-indulgent and silly. Ironically, they should lighten up not the people complaining(quite reasonably I might add) about the band."

I don't see anyone lecturing anyone, people just have opposing and different views here, and it's an emotionally charged topic apparently. 

I don't see anyone being self indulgent and silly for the most part. 

Let's agree to disagree and move on. :) 

I was able to attend several of the 3union shows, I never expected to see Axl and Slash on a stage together again, so I'm thankful they found a way to work together. 

I would love to hear more music from GNR but until then, I'm more than happy to get SMKC, Walking Papers and ACDC. 

That's just my view, I can understand if someone doesn't enjoy those groups and would prefer more GNR music instead. 

I was 25 2001 and rio just happened, they played new songs and my brother and I thought ‘oh well it’s not gnr we knew but at least an album of new music is gonna come soon 🙄, we both learned our lesson then as it took 8 years to finally be released to golf claps by the general public, never again ☹️

In

Having said that, I went back and discovered all the live shows they did in 87-93 era and it definitely helped, knowing all the hard work on the road they did still pays off today , because they captured themselves in their prime and hav a shitload of content to boot( no two shows were the same, they fed each night off the crowds)

Smart guys dedicated guys

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Glass half full/empty argument. If you're happy with the band as a nostalgia stadium thing then yes, that is certainly the healthier position to adopt, but nobody can seriously question why fans are disgruntled with a band who released one album in twenty-seven years and that is accepting the legitimacy of ''nugnr''; if you are one of the many who do not (accept the legitimacy) then this band creatively ended in 1991, and that there is this whole era, twenty-seven years, of mostly shit (breakup, repeated sojourns, nugnr, nostalgia, quasi-reunion) which did not deliver-up one note of original music. Or to put it another way, Guns creatively ended in their sixth year (1985 - 1991) but continued on for another twenty-seven years and counting! The Rolling Stones (1962 - ) had fifteen more albums following their sixth year (which would have been 1968, the year of the glorious Beggars Banquet). 

It is an unbelievable set of affairs. 

And if you accept the ''nugnr'' thing, that is still one album, a ten year old album, in twenty-seven years, a period which saw three original Stones' albums, five original Kiss albums, four original AC/DC albums (I'm selecting overtly ''nostalgia'' bands here to try and manifest a benefit of the doubt for Guns N' Roses's predicament), etc. 

(The situation is probably worse if you are an overt ''Axl fan'', as at least the more general fans or the fans who lean more to other members such as Slash have the solo/side projects to alleviate their barrenness. If you are a Rose fan, your guy has only released fifteen new songs [officially] in twenty-seven years!)

It is not about accepting anything. It is about acknowledging that Guns N' Roses has given me more than most other bands, and for that I am happy. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

It is not about accepting anything. It is about acknowledging that Guns N' Roses has given me more than most other bands, and for that I am happy. 

I'm not really sure how that is relevant to my point considering we are discussing an active band here but I suppose it places you more in my first category than my second - a ''glass half full'' person.

• Like 1