Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Any single from Guns following the reunion is almost bound to be a hit anyway though. Many people already know Rocket Queen. SOYL gives Guns the opportunity to release something 'new' to 99% of its renewed audience with little effort. 

Thanks for seeing the common sense in this move. 

Just now, donny said:

all guns fans know it but most people dont. it was not on the greatest hits as it wasn't a hit and its never played on radio. only them with a copy of AFD know it

It's about to be a hit. Sit back and hold my beer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, donny said:

if they want money for old rope they should have reworked rocket queen without the shagging so its allowed to be played on radio. that would have a far better chance of being a hit than subjecting bieber fan radio listeners to a song like SOYL

Wait... Axl and Adriana aren't re-recording their part for this?  I'm out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Can we please STOP with the 're-recording' nonense about 'Shadow Of Your Love' ??? 

- It is NOT re-recorded, not the music, not the vocals.  There's a lick in the snippet that we haven't heard, the rest is STRAIGHT OUTTA 1986 !!!

- It is NOT the Mike Clink version or Sound City demo, it's the officially released Pasha version, the one we've had for years (without the fake crowd noise, remastered and/or remixed) !!!

If you CANNOT tell the difference between Axl '86 and Axl '16, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS HEARING DISORDER !!! :facepalm:

It's not the Live From The Jungle version though... Slash's guitar playing is different and on the EP Axl sings: "Took my chances carelessly, choked on my own cigarett" while on the version GNR.FM site he sings: "Took my chances carelessly, I said I choked on my own cigarett".

It also isn't the same version that's on the LALD 12" since it's in a totally different tempo and clearly has another vocal take!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

What counts as a "hit" nowadays though? Youtube views? Spotify streams? Songs without a video garner significantly less views on YT than songs that do, and I doubt they have one for this. I hope it just gets played on rock radio

It all factors in... The main point is that it will be a mainstream rock release that will generate hype

2 minutes ago, Mateoson said:

SOYL is on spotify. There is even a Gilby "remix" of the song on there, etc. This is another cover they are releasing. Don't get me wrong, I love the song it's just that it is really nothing new.

We know it's nothing new to 99.9% of the people on this forum. It's not new to the world that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What counts as a "hit" nowadays though? Youtube views? Spotify streams? Songs without a video garner significantly less views on YT than songs that do, and I doubt they have one for this. I hope it just gets played on rock radio

I would say that Youtube and Spotify qualify, and even Billboard still. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to knock up a montage or some behind the scenes footage (historical or contemporary) to go along as a music video with SOYL.

• Thanks 1

This seems like a no-brainer isntant buy for me. I would really much rather have a Chinese Democracy set or CD2 album but really sold me here is the quality of the wood work. It seems like maybe they took a play out of the Gene Simmons Vault idea which is pretty cool IMO. I could do without all of the stickers and pins etc but the wood box, LPs, and photo book make it well worth it IMO.  

36 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I personally enjoy SOYL so I think it’s cool they’re doing this for this song. Is there another song you guys would have preferred them push and promote rather than SOYL? 

Not necessarily preferred over "Shadow," but "Crash Diet" new recording would be cool.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

Jesus Christ, you take that back right now!

(And where the hell can't Rocket Queen be played on the radio?  Eastern Nofuckingstan?)

i get your point about messing with a song like rocket queen but songs have to be made radio friendly at times. it would be nothing compared to the way SCOM has been butchered 

Maybe I’m just frugal. Or bitter. 

But of all the fanbases in the word, basically starved of music for the past 2-3 decades, we should get these “unreleased” tracks fucking gifted to us. 

:shrugs:

Edited by Its Tino
Sp

10 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

It's not the Live From The Jungle version though... Slash's guitar playing is different and on the EP Axl sings: "Took my chances carelessly, choked on my own cigarett" while on the version GNR.FM site he sings: "Took my chances carelessly, I said I choked on my own cigarett".

It also isn't the same version that's on the LALD 12" since it's in a totally different tempo and clearly has another vocal take!

On the EP, he also sings 'ain't seen the worst yet'. On the remaster, he sings 'haven't seen the worst yet.'

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

It's not the Pasha demo though... Slash's guitar playing is different and on the Pasha demo Axl sings: "Took my chances carelessly, choked on my own cigarett" while on the version GNR.FM site he sings: "Took my chances carelessly, I said I choked on my own cigarett".

Pasha is not on the LLAD single, that's Sound City.  Pasha is on Live From The Jungle and numerous other b-sides.  With added fake crowd noise.

You're right though about the vocals :shrugs:, kinda has me thinking it might after all be the Mike Clink version.  That might explain the mysterious lick that we haven't heard.  Sounds VERY close to the Pasha version though ! hmz ...

Still 100% certain that it is NOT a re-recording.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, donny said:

i get your point about messing with a song like rocket queen but songs have to be made radio friendly at times. it would be nothing compared to the way SCOM has been butchered 

We had the radio on at work and the station cut out Slash's part after the 2nd verse and cut half of his solo. The song was like 3 minutes and the solo sounded out of context 

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

On the EP, he also sings 'ain't seen the worst yet'. On the remaster, he sings 'haven't seen the worst yet.'

There were most likely multiple takes and they used something we haven’t heard or something they were considering during pre production for AFD

If something was re-recorded that would be a main marketing point to include in that video. The 1st studio collaboration between those 3 in how many years? 

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

When I log onto gnr.fm the only lyrics I can hear are "took my chances carelessly, I said I choked on my cigarette". That's it. Then it is looped. The part with "haven't seen the worst yet" isn't there. So I am a bit confused here.