Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

3 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Pasha is not on the LLAD single, that's Sound City.  Pasha is on Live From The Jungle and numerous other b-sides.  With added fake crowd noise.

You're right though about the vocals :shrugs:, kinda has me thinking it might after all be the Mike Clink version.  That might explain the mysterious lick that we haven't heard.  Sounds VERY close to the Pasha version though ! hmz ...

Still 100% certain that it is NOT a re-recording.

I didn't say that the LALD version was Pasha, I just added that sentance to eliminate another version of the song since the vocals are more similar to the remaster there! ;)

I'm also thinking it's the Clink version, after all the box set includes 2 unreleased Clink recordings! It surely isn't a re-recording, comparing the different versions one can clearly hear that they all are recorded in the same era! :) 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

When I log onto gnr.fm the only lyrics I can hear are "took my chances carelessly, I said I choked on my cigarette". That's it. Then it is looped. The part with "haven't seen the worst yet" isn't there. So I am a bit confused here.

The video that was uploaded too early had a bit more of the song

Did someone fuck up over at UMG? The video was taken down from the GNR Vevo youtube :axl:

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of a new single being released tonight, it's a wild thought.

GUNS N' ROSES NEW* SINGLE - SHADOW OF YOUR LOVE
*Recorded in 1986

But even as Super Deluxe edition fatigue seems to be setting in for both record collectors and retailers, they’re quick to point out albums they’d like to see re-released as exorbitant box sets.

While Tutty works in the grunge capital of America, he’s hoping for a Guns N’ Roses reissue. “Isn’t it about time for the 25th anniversary of ‘Appetite for Destruction?’” he asked.

From an interesting 2012 article on super deluxe reissues:

http://www.goldminemag.com/articles/are-high-end-deluxe-record-editions-here-to-stay-with-collectors

Edited by Blackstar

4 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

There were most likely multiple takes and they used something we haven’t heard or something they were considering during pre production for AFD

If something was re-recorded that would be a main marketing point to include in that video. The 1st studio collaboration between those 3 in how many years? 

I agree. 

I'm stoked about it, but really hope there is a live show somewhere in there.  I also hope this leads to an Illusions Box and Chinese as well.  The 5.1 audio mix of AFD on bluray will be cool to hear.  I picked up the Sgt. Pepper box and that was one of the highlights for me.