05/10/2018 - Adler's Appetite - Whisky A Go Go

Constantine has a good voice, he just doesn't know how to use it properly to sing GN'R songs without sounding like an amateur or a hair band singer. Most of AFD songs are dark, sinister, give a dangerous vibe but he makes them sound like Poison's Unskinny Pop :facepalm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Constantine has a good voice, he just doesn't know how to use it properly to sing GN'R songs without sounding like an amateur or a hair band singer. Most of AFD songs are dark, sinister, give a dangerous vibe but he makes them sound like Poison's Unskinny Pop :facepalm:

He can't help it, that's what made him popular on American Idol..that and gazing soulfully into the camera :lol:..and he's been doing musical theatre productions, which are also over-the top, over-acting type of ventures.. he will lose some of that moving forward..hopefully lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

He can't help it, that's what made him popular on American Idol..that and gazing soulfully into the camera :lol:..and he's been doing musical theatre productions, which are also over-the top, over-acting type of ventures.. he will lose some of that moving forward..hopefully lol.

Oh. Now I understand :ph34r:

He should hurry up with that, though, unless he wants reviews laughing at him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LikeADog93 said:

Guitars were very good and Constantine is definitely not horrible. Just because it's not the GNR guys doesn't mean it's not good. I've met and seen Carl Restivo, the rhythm player, play live and he's a great guitarist and very nice guy. They could have found a better singer than Constantine but calling him horrible shows that you don't have much musical knowledge.

I have musical knowledge lol I am a music major and play in many bands myself - no need to get crazy about it - it is just how I feel about the vocals in that video, nothing more.  There are many singers here at Berklee that would fit the bill a lot more

As a guitarist myself, I have high standards for GNR tunes especially.  They didn't do bad, by any means but still it didn't blow me away.  I am not sure that getting defensive and attacking a person's knowledge of musicality when you have no idea is the most productive way to go, but it is just my personal opinion and assessment, that's all.  If you feel different that's cool!  That is the beauty of music

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I guess I am the only Constantine fan in this whole forum :lol:

I remember him from American Idol, the dude totally has pipes and can sing!  However from that specific Brownstone video... that definitely is not my cup of tea lol

10 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I have musical knowledge lol I am a music major and play in many bands myself - no need to get crazy about it - it is just how I feel about the vocals in that video, nothing more.  There are many singers here at Berklee that would fit the bill a lot more

As a guitarist myself, I have high standards for GNR tunes especially.  They didn't do bad, by any means but still it didn't blow me away.  I am not sure that getting defensive and attack a person's knowledge of musicality when you have no idea is the most productive way to go, but it is just my personal opinion and assessment, that's all.  If you feel different that's cool

Fair enough. Thanks for explaining yourself. Being a fellow musician, you can probably see where I was coming from because in my experience, knowledgeable musicians don't call other pros "horrible." Best of luck in school.  

2 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

Fair enough. Thanks for explaining yourself. Being a fellow musician, you can probably see where I was coming from because in my experience, knowledgeable musicians don't call other pros "horrible." Best of luck in school.  

I get it man and thanks, and I guess just in my experience with everything, my terminology wasn't far outside what I have seen/experienced, but just so you know too I like him overall - I remember him from American Idol and he definitely has pipes, but like in my last post, I just wasn't digging what I heard in that video above

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I remember him from American Idol, the dude totally has pipes and can sing!  However from that specific Brownstone video... that definitely is not my cup of tea lol

He singing in American Idol rock or pop ❓

6 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing Steven play Think About You or You're Crazy. I'm looking forward to seeing him play those on this tour, might be the first time since he was in GNR.

Steven posted a very very short IG clip of them doing Think About You the other day. Sounded much better than Mr.Brownstone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ratam said:

He singing in American Idol rock or pop ❓

Kind of a mix of both?  I distinctly remember him doing Bohemian Rhapsody and hard to Handle , but its been so long and I was I think in Junior High during that so my memory is fuzzy of all he did haha

10 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Kind of a mix of both?  I distinctly remember him doing Bohemian Rhapsody and hard to Handle , but its been so long and I was I think in Junior High during that so my memory is fuzzy of all he did haha

Thanks ,my question is because i think than maybe he is agood singer ,but maybe is more fit pop.

On 5/7/2018 at 3:50 AM, scooby845 said:

Figured I'd make a thread for all Steven Adler fans and the upcoming show.

Note: If it was a regular show I wouldn't make it, but this is AFD Anniversary performance and I think it would be nice to let those of us who are supporting Steven in his endeavors enjoy songs we haven't been able to hear played properly for over 30 years!!! Such as Think About You, You're Crazy and Anything Goes... And last but not the least - Rocket Queen... :drool:

Another thing - Slash son's band is opening, so Slash's appearance is 99% confirmed and the chance of him joining Steven on stage is... I'd say 63%.

Let's have fun!! 

Rock on STEVEN!! 

I’m really looking forward to a great show. Steven’s performance at Ride to Ronnie was top notch. Classless Act looked like all their practice paid off with a tight show. Saw Derek Day, their lead singer at Ultimate Jam Night yesterday at the Whisky. He was just on guitar for that, but still was fun to watch and dynamic.

As for Constantine, he’s just starting to sing this new material and may need to adjust his style to fit the songs. Not an impossible goal.

Steven is drumming on a song with Willie Jones called “Runs in our Blood” and I’ve seen a small part of the video directed by Ryan Francis. It’s got a release date on May 18. I’m excited to see him working with other artists on new music.

Please don’t expect Slash to show up as he’s going to be doing a benefit show in Seattle the same day. 

56 minutes ago, Houndfan said:

I’m really looking forward to a great show. Steven’s performance at Ride to Ronnie was top notch. Classless Act looked like all their practice paid off with a tight show. Saw Derek Day, their lead singer at Ultimate Jam Night yesterday at the Whisky. He was just on guitar for that, but still was fun to watch and dynamic.

As for Constantine, he’s just starting to sing this new material and may need to adjust his style to fit the songs. Not an impossible goal.

Steven is drumming on a song with Willie Jones called “Runs in our Blood” and I’ve seen a small part of the video directed by Ryan Francis. It’s got a release date on May 18. I’m excited to see him working with other artists on new music.

Please don’t expect Slash to show up as he’s going to be doing a benefit show in Seattle the same day. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Adler's Appetite did a suprise show at the Whiskey last night. Saw it on social media. If you want to check it out go to Instagram and see Steven's profile story. Dude that singer is terrible - not really his voice (which I'm not a fan of) but in the way he chooses to annunciate and sing the lyrics, the timing of how he releases them. It's sort of off....if you watch you might see what I mean.

Still want to go tonight so PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ARE SELLING TICKETS. Thanks

The problem is, most people sound and look terrible singing Axl's songs. I'd say Scott Weiland did a good job because one, he had his own very distinct stage presence and two, he knew what songs to sing (only the low register ones, which really weren't too dissimilar from some STP songs, singing wise)

I saw and AA show at the Key Club for the 20th anniversary of Appetite and Izzy and Duff got up there and played with him and the singer was from a GNR tribute band that then joined AA. It was uncomfortable to watch it was so awkward and bad. You had 3 guys, who can arguably be considered legends performing with some guy who is trying to act like their old singer. It was terrible. I was glad I got to see Izz again though and I feel that's what most people take out of these shows...they are just happy to go see Steven.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Based on Steven's IG story it looks like Slash's dad was there too. I believe Meegan was planning on going as well.

A friend of mine who attended confirmed Slash's Dad was there as well as Perla. Slash was supposed to be in seattle at the musicares benefit but i only saw duff on social media there. Wonder if he was at the adler gig. 

16 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

A friend of mine who attended confirmed Slash's Dad was there as well as Perla. Slash was supposed to be in seattle at the musicares benefit but i only saw duff on social media there. Wonder if he was at the adler gig. 

Based on Meegan's Instagram Stories, Slash hasn't been in LA for a minute. Yesterday she posted that she hopes he finishes recording soon so he can come back home. No idea where he is though. 

46 minutes ago, baje said:

Based on Meegan's Instagram Stories, Slash hasn't been in LA for a minute. Yesterday she posted that she hopes he finishes recording soon so he can come back home. No idea where he is though. 

Eddie Trunk was also there in addition to Vicky Hamilton, Michelle Young and lots of former members of Adler's Appetite including his old singer. Two guys who went to the show said it wasn't very good because of Constantine's voice. One guy said he left earlyl 

• Haha 1

I saw some clips of the show on youtube. The new singer is sounding a little better to me now, actually. 

I looked up the setlist and noticed that they didn't play all the afd songs, and they were out of order. I thought the whole point of this tour was to play all 12 songs from the album in their LP running order. Has the band changed their plans now?