House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

I'm starting to feel this is it for now, regarding leaks.

Too bad really, it's the only way the fans get an opportunity to hear something new.

And while that sounds bad, and I get that, I'm tired of 30 year old songs being bundled with a bunch of garbage and sold at ridiculous prices. Hell, same 30 year old song are butchered LIVE for more ridiculous  amounts of money!

On 6/12/2018 at 10:53 PM, zombux said:

I heard ZOMB is excellent for bootlegs too, cuz it offers a different variety of bootlegs than the other two. but I was never able to get in there, registration never worked and the staff never responded.

i am on ZOMB its mostly mashing pumpkins and some BBC early stuff.

1 hour ago, zombux said:

of what I heard, the guy who hoarded it said that "his DVD is scratched and ripping is impossible". but there are so many crazy rumors around that thing... funny how the VMA 2002 itself is available at mint quality DVD.

There are video game shops and video clubs (a few of them still exist) were they have a machine that fixes scratched disks. I've also seen that machine for sale on a shopping center like 8 years ago

14 minutes ago, 80309561 said:

i am on ZOMB its mostly mashing pumpkins and some BBC early stuff.

meh then, more or less all (!) existing Pumpkins' audio bootlegs are available officially (!!) for free download (!!!) at Archive.org https://archive.org/details/SmashingPumpkins

that's the way to do things properly! kudos to Pumpkins and Grateful Dead (the rest are small bands) for this approach!

Edited by zombux

1 hour ago, zombux said:

funny how the VMA 2002 itself is available at mint quality DVD.

That one was a promotional copy because Jimmy Fallon was nominated to something for his hosting on the show. McOlivers was the first making a bootleg from it, but it had serious image/interlancing troubles, so JimBeam bought another copy from EBAY ad made a good rip for us. But it wasn't officially released

2 hours ago, zombux said:

the weird thing is that at least this low quality version looks like a VHS rip. what's the point of recording the show digitally and then make analog transfer? 

Since the show was edited down to just under 2 hours, it's possible this was from a commercial VHS or that the show was also going to be released on both DVD and also on VHS in SP mode (2 hours or less is the maximum time for that quality).

There wasn't a lot cut out of the show honestly, but I haven't went back to the audience bootleg and checked everything - the audience bootleg ran just over 2 hours long

Edited by TheSeeker

4 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

That one was a promotional copy because Jimmy Fallon was nominated to something for his hosting on the show. McOlivers was the first making a bootleg from it, but it had serious image/interlancing troubles, so JimBeam bought another copy from EBAY ad made a good rip for us. But it wasn't officially released

yeah, I meant exactly that Promo DVD. but I'm not sure he did it before the DVD was circulating, I vaguely remember that I was uploading my copy to him for some reason. I got it from some torrent back in September 2006 already, presumably from paradisecitytracker or gnrtracker. but I have to check my chat history to refresh my memory, because I might be wrong haha!

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

Since the show was edited down to just under 2 hours, it's possible this was from a commercial VHS or that the show was also going to be released on both DVD and also on VHS in SP mode (2 hours or less is the maximum time for that quality).

There wasn't a lot cut out of the show honestly, but I haven't went back to the audience bootleg and checked everything - the audience bootleg ran just over 2 hours long

true, you might be right here. the audience audio is exactly 123 minutes long (two discs, both 61:30)

I think I was first to buy the screener DVD of the 2002 VMA's - I ripped and uploaded the AAC audio because back then there wasn't an easy/fast way to share videos like YouTube

I remember that DVD was heavily compressed - like 4 hours of footage crammed onto one DVD - everything got really pixelated when there was a lot of motion on-screen

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zombux said:

meh then, more or less all (!) existing Pumpkins' audio bootlegs are available officially (!!) for free download (!!!) at Archive.org https://archive.org/details/SmashingPumpkins

that's the way to do things properly! kudos to Pumpkins and Grateful Dead (the rest are small bands) for this approach!

Unrelated, but the original theatrical cut of Star Wars is also on that page. Great website. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zombux said:

the weird thing is that at least this low quality version looks like a VHS rip. what's the point of recording the show digitally and then make analog transfer? 

We'd often run screeners, test copies, rough cuts, off to VHS via a MiniDV or DVC Pro deck as the analogue/digital converter. Cheap, and much quicker. You have to encode for a DVD and even do basic authoring while a VHS would churn out in real time, so much quicker.

Not everything was timecoded either when we ran off VHS copies.

12 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

The only thing that pisses me off about this is that they have this and things like it just sitting in the vault.

Maybe not.

Remember that GNR hired a video company to film the Troubadour show in 2016, but then GNR never paid them and the video company got pissed and started leaking parts of it.

If a video crew flew in FROM FUCKING JAPAN to film the House of Blues show, got paid nothing, and then were told for whatever reason that they couldn't release the show on DVD, I'd pawn the finished product off to some GNR fan for a few thousand dollars too

2 hours ago, tremolo said:

You can’t get FLACs from that source (youtube video) cause it is lossy. The best you can hope for is low-quality mp3.

You can do it yourself. Download the video, rip it to mp3, separate every song and that’s it.

I just hope everyone who makes mp3s of this will keep them only for personal use and won't flood the fanbase with it...

2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Maybe not.

Remember that GNR hired a video company to film the Troubadour show in 2016, but then GNR never paid them and the video company got pissed and started leaking parts of it.

If a video crew flew in FROM FUCKING JAPAN to film the House of Blues show, got paid nothing, and then were told for whatever reason that they couldn't release the show on DVD, I'd pawn the finished product off to some GNR fan for a few thousand dollars too

good thinking again, my friend. remember the Saskatoon show also leaked from Japan quite recently. maybe there's something in common?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Maybe not.

Shit, did that actually happen? Seem to have missed that story. 

35 minutes ago, seely said:

Shit, did that actually happen? Seem to have missed that story. 

Guy from the company who filmed it posted this:

https://www.alternativenation.net/production-company-pissed-guns-n-roses-fck-them/

thank you...and then when the big money shows came around,,,they didn't even take our calls and then agreed with tour promoters to use their in house people (always cheap) hired a company for Dodger Stadium who brought in a "FlyPac" to record the show. A FlyPac" is what news outlets use to do live shots from intentional distentions. Occasionally they are used as switchers for multi-camera shoots...3 cameras at most. (Dodger Stadium???? Three cameras..????) The Production company called me when they knew they were in trouble..,it was my time to not pick up the phone, Fuck them

Edited by TheSeeker

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

so not Troubadour but one of the Dodger Stadium shows.

It sounds like 4C4 Media only filmed the Troubadour show, but are holding onto the footage out of spite

When asked about the footage in his chat here recently, Fernando made up some bullshit about how the show was only meant for those in attendance and that's why it won't be released

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

When asked about the footage in his chat here recently, Fernando made up some bullshit about how the show was only meant for those in attendance and that's why it won't be released

sounds awfully similar to something... like... "all Chinese Democracy era songs were only meant for our nearest friends and that's why we were only forced to release 15 songs mostly known years before and the rest will never be released, MWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!"

• Haha 1