Your Personal Experiences purchasings Appetite 30th

I still feel in a dream I could walk into a local record store n buy a brand new Guns N Roses album release...... Im literally blown away by that tiny fact alone. First since 2008. A Decade.

Surely theres others feeling the same :)

14 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

I still feel in a dream I could walk into a local record store n buy a brand new Guns N Roses album release...... Im literally blown away by that tiny fact alone. First since 2008. A Decade.

Surely theres others feeling the same :)

But... You cant... You CAN buy a rereleased 31 year old album, though! :headbang:

Only $180, too!

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I feel TC. yes, I've spinned this record more times than the earth spins around the sun, but I have still discovered a plethora of interesting stuff, AND it has managed to make me view the record in a fresh, fascinating way. Between the 5.1. surround mix, and the wealth of session outtakes, and the great poster and band lithos, I'm a very happy fan

the glass is half full, I say.

Edited by action

34 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's pretty sad. One of the best bands in the world and the last album with Slash and Axl was 1993. Let that sink in. 1993!

And that was a cover album... let that sink in even further.

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

And that was a cover album... let that sink in even further.

it were all covers, still, spaghetti is one of my favorites in my collection. i give it points for great attitude and top notch production

1 minute ago, action said:

it were all covers, still, spaghetti is one of my favorites in my collection. i give it points for great attitude and top notch production

Apart from a few songs, I never cared for it. And considering it was more or less supposed to be a punk rock cover album, it could have sounded more raw and not such a 'clean' recording, but to each his own!

Great, now Fernando is going to tell us that we should check out a show where they are playing their newest single Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child O Mine 

kidding, it is nice to see their album on store shelves like it was just released. I bet they make plenty on this 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I pre-ordered mine from EMP. It was cheaper than GN'R and Amazon's website. Hopefully it'll arrive next week.

Me too. Never ordered from them before, so fingers crossed they don't mess me around...

30 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

I bought a replacement copy of Ain’t Life Grand the other day. Felt great. 

Been listening to ALG myself a fair bit lately. Always used to prefer it to I5OCS, but I think I've grown to prefer the first Snakepit album over the years. ALG has Serial Killer, Been There Lately and Back To The Moment, which are three of Slash's best post-Guns work, but overall, Snakepit 1 is a better record imo.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This is in no way anything close to a "a brand new GNR album" 

Yep. When STP came out with their Core reissue last year, I didn't go to m indie shop and say "I'm gonna pick up the new STP album". A reissue is just that, a reissue. This set had exactly two tracks I'd never heard before, if you take into consideration that the two Clink tracks were released ahead of the release date for this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tim10101 said:

a brand new Guns N Roses album release......

When did this happen? How have we all missed this announcement!? What great news, I can't wait to hear brand new songs from the NITL lineup!

As for Appetite though, I ordered the 2LP vinyl remaster and downloaded all the CD's for free as soon as they hit the internet.