Face Reality - There Will Never Be Another GN’R Album

The simple reason why there definitely will be a new album is that this is not NuGNR. This is not Axl’s solo band where he is the sole decision-maker and the others can be glad they have the chance to just be in the same band, in the spotlight. Slash and Duff are legends, and there’s no reason for them to just keep perpetuating some nostalgia stuff without ever creating anything new. We know Slash is a workaholic who needs to see results. 
In fact, he even said recently that until they make a new record, this is it. Sure, there may be some occasional gigs in the future, but no new tour until they have something new to show for it. 
I completely understand that so far, they’ve only been focusing on touring; after all, it was one of the biggest reunions in the history of rock n’ roll. 
But since the situation is completely different as compared to the ChD era, I see no real reason for this kind of dire scepticism. 
After all, this must be pretty much the same reason why Axl doesn’t come late on the stage any more. I cannot imagine Slash and Duff – or Angus – sitting in the dressing room and just waiting for Axl for an hour. 
So let’s face it – times have changed, and it’s useless to compare incomparable. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Something like that, yes.

There are plenty of rumors floating around from people claiming to be "in the know" that's for sure. 

Everything from a live album and a studio version of Witchitaw Lineman to a full, new studio album. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about the former but would love for the latter to be true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

There are plenty of rumors floating around from people claiming to be "in the know" that's for sure. 

Everything from a live album and a studio version of Witchitaw Lineman to a full, new studio album. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about the former but would love for the latter to be true. 

Let’s go crazy and hope we have both a live album (Houston 2016 with minimum overdubs) and a new studio album.

Just an FYI for everyone-

There seem to be more than the usual amount of rumors being shared here and elsewhere lately. I've personally heard everything from "New studio album coming with an announcement in January!" to "there's a live album coming with some bonus studio tracks" to "the only thing coming is a live album and a studio cover or Witchitaw Lineman" to everything in between.

The sources on these things range from the semi-reliable; "this guy was right about (insert rumor here) in the past" to the ridiculous; "a guy from another board knows a guy who told him".

Either way, I'm hoping where there's smoke there's fire. I would LOVE for a new studio album from GNR to be in the works and for it to be released in 2019. Personally, I have zero interest in a live album and/or a few studio tracks. I would really, really want a full, new, studio album from GN'R but that's just me.

Most importantly, I'm just hoping something happens. 

The most frustrating part of these situations is nothing actually happens. Then our "insider" and "folks in the know" get to fall back on the "Well, that was the plan but things changed" excuse which is so tired and played out already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1