Face Reality - There Will Never Be Another GN’R Album

On his goals for 2019 and beyond:

Slash: "Next year is all touring [with THE CONSPIRATORS], but going beyond that, obviously I'm not going to not mention wanting to do a GUNS record along the way. It's not a personal challenge or anything, but I would love to see a GUNS record get done and have it be, to us, really great. That would be awesome. I'm looking forward to THE CONSPIRATORS tour. I'm really happy with the record. For the most part, that's it — do this tour, let's hope for a GUNS thing, let's just keep it all going."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-seeing-axl-rose-perform-with-ac-dc-was-awesome-he-pulled-it-off-and-it-was-great/

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 1

we have a singer that cant sing anymore

a guitar player with no technical prowess 

a drummer that everyone says is shit

a keyboard player that doesn't even switch it on 

i can see the new album going down a storm :) 

Edited by donny
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, donny said:

a guitar playing with no technical prowess 

i can see the new album going down a storm 

WE have?

Maybe YOU have!

I'm at least DON'T have !

• Like 1

On 6-10-2018 at 2:29 PM, Fourteenbeers said:

I know  that it is none of my business,  but you have several left testicles? :blink:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0059.jpg

I think this is how it went... Gibbo felt overconfident and first put 'my testicles'. Then doubt crept in and he decided to keep at least one testicle, but forgot to delete the S.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, donny said:

a guitar player with no technical prowess 

i can see the new album going down a storm :) 

Yep agree no fucks given.

The best case scenario would be a double album - first disc is a NITL album. 10~ songs, probably including a cover or two, maybe a Duff song, and plenty of songs with Axl's deep voice or 'Wichita Lineman' ballad-y type vocals. Second disc is the remaining CD-era songs that Axl wants to release. They won't have to/be expected to play any of those songs live, Axl gets his songs out there, and people still get a new album with Slash and Duff.

It sucks that there's no chance that will happen though.

• Like 1

Odds for by 2021

No Album of any variety

Album containing mix of finished CD with Sluff added plus a few wholly new compositions

+200

Album of solely finished CD stuff with Sluff

+350

Album of solely new compositions, all CD leftovers are trashed

+1000

Edited by TeeJay410

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, RussTCB said:

I've seen this type of thing posted here recently. What makes you say that? I'm curious. 

Well, because let's face it we can't go back to 1988 when GNR was young and new.

I think a lot of fans would want the GNR music to sound like they did back then, but you know people change and nothing stays the same.

I am curious as to what anything new from GNR would sound like and I still think with Slash and Duff Axl could write and record some great new stuff, but what would they write about?

Axl seems happy now, so there goes that. I would hate GNR to write anything political. I loved Linkin Park until they got political and now with Chester gone, I doubt they'll recover from that. He was one of a kind.

I just think a lot of fans want the old GNR back, but that's never going to happen. And also some people are never happy with anything GNR does or even in their personal lives. lol

I want a live cd/blue ray of this past tour. I know re-releasing AFD was a good move, but this reunion with Slash and Duff needs to be recorded too.

Unfortunately, dontdamnmeuyi2015 is correct, nothing they come up with would sound like the old days...

But, damn it, they should know by now that the only way to produce some seriously cool and heartfelt shit is to be a BAND again, even if just for the preproduction and recording...they should "lock" themselves in a mansion or something (remember making of Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik by RHCP) for a few weeks and write off of each other, like a fuckin' r'n'r band should be doing, not some copy-paste nonsense. And build the songs the way they used to, with those mentioned bridges and codas that we all love...I don't know if it is an Izzy thing or what, but with Izzy in the equation it would be pretty close to the "organic" classic GN'R sound...wishfull thinking I'm afraid. Just "lose" a month of your life, put aside your comfort zones and give us and yourselves one last bitchin' GN'R record!

Edited by bojan

As ludurigan said in "FTP could be Guns song" thread the songs simply need "the GN'R treatment" and "that all it takes for Slash (and Axl too) to fucking shine is giving them a good 3-chord progression played by actual rock n' rollers"!

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, because let's face it we can't go back to 1988 when GNR was young and new.

I think a lot of fans would want the GNR music to sound like they did back then, but you know people change and nothing stays the same.

I am curious as to what anything new from GNR would sound like and I still think with Slash and Duff Axl could write and record some great new stuff, but what would they write about?

Axl seems happy now, so there goes that. I would hate GNR to write anything political. I loved Linkin Park until they got political and now with Chester gone, I doubt they'll recover from that. He was one of a kind.

I just think a lot of fans want the old GNR back, but that's never going to happen. And also some people are never happy with anything GNR does or even in their personal lives. lol

I want a live cd/blue ray of this past tour. I know re-releasing AFD was a good move, but this reunion with Slash and Duff needs to be recorded too.

Not me, im interested to know where they are "now". Though would like them to have the same rockin tunes from the illusions era. Im hoping they work on any of those songs from the 94-96 time frame. 

Edited by Sydney Fan