Face Reality - There Will Never Be Another GN’R Album

16 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

They sure capture the GN'R sound! Where are they from and for how long are they around? Are they playing worldwide? 

I don't know, the only thing I know is that, he is a guitar player and his guitar tone and bluesy feeling is like a copycat from Slash. It is bizarre.

And that sometimes i secretly listen to these songs and imagine it is actually Guns N' Roses LMFAO. :wow:

To me it is like:

1. Greta Von Fleet impersonates Led Zeppelin

2. Lucifer impersonates Black Sabbath

3. Stephen Chesney impersonates Guns N' Roses

44 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Agreed, very interesting situation, actually. Especially with Axl - is he in classic rock mode? Chinese kinda stuff still?
It would be very nice to know that Izzy is somehow involved, but then again...all of them are different people now anyway.
I hope we'll find out in the not so distant future.

Would love Izzy to be involved in the song writing process.  Hopefully Axl's head is in the kick ass hard rock/classic rock mode..  Since Brian Johnson is recording with AC/DC maybe he can channel some of the energy that he may have harnessing for that direction and pump it into Guns... I don't mind a ballad or epic or two but I think they they should come out all Guns blazing with some in your face heavy rock..

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Would love Izzy to be involved in the song writing process.  Hopefully Axl's head is in the kick ass hard rock/classic rock mode..  Since Brian Johnson is recording with AC/DC maybe he can channel some of the energy that he may have harnessing for that direction and pump it into Guns... I don't mind a ballad or epic or two but I think they they should come out all Guns blazing with some in your face heavy rock..

Me too, that would be great. Maybe combined with some accoustic stuff like Georgina said, something a bit more "mature". These type of songs would be easier to sing live, too. I personally would love if they showcase this side of Axl more from here on out. Vocal stuff like If the world is way over the top for an old man. :D
How about this, make a three-sided album (don't care how ;-)). Side A: Classic Guns, Side B: Accoustic stuff, Side C: Best of the remaining Chinese stuff/ new experimental songs. 5 songs each, 15 songs total.
Or same thing as EPs, released every 6 months.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

If this isn't Guns N' Roses, it's the best knockoff of them I think I've ever heard. The singer really has a number of Axl's vocal styles down to a T.

I remain convinced that when GN'R do release new music, it will be under some kind of bizarre band name, so as to avoid having people trying to find it online and stealing it.

The guitar parts are bizarre, they scream Slash all around. But the bass and drums are off.

Honestly, who cares. Slash and Duff are back playing with Axl. No one ever thought this would happen.

If these guys want to make more music, they will do it. If they don't, there won't be anything new.

All I know is the music GNR has made and performs is I think the best songs they will ever write together.

Most of you probably won't like anything new GNR releases anyway, so get over it and enjoy what we have now.

We can't predict what will happen with our own lives, let alone the lives of others. Just try to be content with what we have now. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anyone or anything.

21 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Most of you probably won't like anything new GNR releases anyway, so get over it and enjoy what we have now.

I've seen this type of thing posted here recently. What makes you say that? I'm curious. 

I've been saying since about when CD was released that now Axl will have to die for us to get a new album of any kind... TB is going to be raking in money for decades when they posthumously release the vault. Remixes, live versions, demos. Quoting Joe Walsh, if they "farted and burped" on tape, they're going to release it and people will buy it. Just gotta' wait for the only obstruction to disappear.

I’m probably the only person on here who thinks this, but with this line up and at their age, I’d almost prefer them to just leave the legacy alone... 

if Axl has nothing left to say, I can live with that. 

The story of the last 25 years isn’t changeable and it’s been a major missed opportunity because of ego, drink, drugs, greed, mental health issues, scabs, media and a million other things. 

I’m happy Axl and Slash have renewed their friendship before one of them died, that is enough for me. 

Just release the vault so I can watch all the high res shows of these guys in their prime! That’ll do me! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Honestly, who cares. Slash and Duff are back playing with Axl. No one ever thought this would happen.

If these guys want to make more music, they will do it. If they don't, there won't be anything new.

All I know is the music GNR has made and performs is I think the best songs they will ever write together.

We can't predict what will happen with our own lives, let alone the lives of others. Just try to be content with what we have now. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anyone or anything.

Jarmo, is that you???

I wouldn’t rule out gnr new music. I think a good opportunity to record new music is for the next terminator movie coming out and do one song for it. Would be nice to see izzy record with them since touring is probably not an option (personally, it be good just see him record new music again) . It’s all hopeful thinking but since slash and duff aren’t ruling it out, it’s possible. You never know with this band. 

People keep mentioning Izzy with regards to writing for new album. I’m pretty sure Izzy said Axl asked for 3-4 of his songs but he didn’t know what hsppened to them. With Axl confirming Down by the Ocean. I could see Izzy having some credits on the new album. 

Slash was coy but optimistic. “I don’t want to say anything that’s going to make people start thinking something [is happening], because there’s nothing set up,” he said. “But it’s definitely on my mind; I know it’s on Axl‘s mind; and I know it’s on Duff‘s mind. It’s one of those things that you don’t want to put a timeline or a deadline on. You just let it be, and it will happen when it happens.”

if its on the minds of the "3 big guns" then something will happen !

Never thought they will from 2000 onwards, didn't expect Chi Dem would ever come out and at this point, without really knowing or caring about any of the details and having a passing knowledge of some of the whispers around the band I think there's as good a chance now as ever in the past quarter of a century of getting some kind of music out of em though I wouldn't advising hanging about for it.

I think we’ll know after Slash finishes this Condpirators cycle, then we’ll see if his next project is Guns or he starts recording the next Conspirators album. 

Theres kind of too much scrutiny on them entering the studio or being creative. Maybe they will do it secretly. 

Hopefully if Slash does dive into the pool of material he nails it like Illlusions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I’m probably the only person on here who thinks this, but with this line up and at their age, I’d almost prefer them to just leave the legacy alone... 

if Axl has nothing left to say, I can live with that. 

The story of the last 25 years isn’t changeable and it’s been a major missed opportunity because of ego, drink, drugs, greed, mental health issues, scabs, media and a million other things. 

I’m happy Axl and Slash have renewed their friendship before one of them died, that is enough for me. 

Just release the vault so I can watch all the high res shows of these guys in their prime! That’ll do me! 

My feeling is that they want to surpass the stones. If they had released one or two more albums after illusions they would have been there. Now with the reunion this could be a possibility and i think make up for lost time.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Even If there Isn't just enjoy the albums we got. It's extremely doubtful that we will get songs that will stand the test of time as previously released material. This band can continue to live off their past success without a problem.