Face Reality - There Will Never Be Another GN’R Album

14 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

This is exactly why nothing has happened with the current lineup yet. Axl has always struck me as one of those artists who holds himself to a very high standard when it comes to new material (obvious exceptions- Riad, OMG, Silkworms, etc). It's good that he has high standards, but it's incredibly frustrating at the same time considering he only releases something every 10 years or so.

As much as this is true, I still maintain the real reason is the touring, not the perfectionism. The simple lack of time. I don’t understand why people still can’t see it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

As much as this is true, I still maintain the real reason is the touring, not the perfectionism. The simple lack of time. I don’t understand why people still can’t see it.

Axl Rose - The Great Procrastinator 

• Like 1

All signs point to it being general record company meddling and "murky Merckiness". Axl wanted to put out new music, the label wanted a reunion.  Now that the reunion has actually happened, there's no way in hell the label are going to let them not do a reunion album. They still have another album left on their contract anyway, if I'm not mistaken (I assume boxes of shit don't count). 

It seems as if Axl still wants to put out CDII, most likely with Slash n Duff overdubs, and anything else will happen whenever it comes naturally.

Like others have said already, they've been on tour for the past 3 years (which hasn't even finished yet). And to be brutally honest, Axl has much higher standards than Slash, and isn't going to settle for the first thing the guys bang out while on the road. His mad scientist ways means he's going to put a lot more care and attention into whatever he does studio-wise (for better or worse).

• Like 4

Eh, I think most of you are being a bunch of Negative Nancy's. Does it take an ungodly amount of time for this band to get anything done in the way of new music? Yes, yes it does.  BUT it's a different ballgame after this tour wraps up in November methinks.  They're gonna need to put a fresh coat of marketing paint on the next big tour outing, and I really do believe that will come in the form of a new album.  Whether that will mostly be older ChiDem Era tunes punched up by Slash & Duff or wholey new compositions is what remains to be seen. But I think we'll see something.

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

If Chinese Democracy is your favorite GNR album, them I guess you don't really know or like GNR.

I get it that you like it, but to say it is your favorite (the whole world says it doesn't sound like GNR). Well...

The priority was a reunion and for most of us it was more than anybody was wishing for.

One thing is right, move on! Let's move on and maybe we´ll be surprised in the future.

My guess is new music in the next two to three years.

Up to there I keep on dreamming that Stephen Chesney is an Axl Rose persona and that this is really Axl and GNR:

Can’t I be a fan of both? I’m a huge fan of all eras of GNR. Appetite is very closely behind Chinese for me and I’ve been listening to the illusions since I was a kid. I own all of them. Opinions are subjective man, mine doesn’t make me any less knowledgeable or any less a Guns fan than you are.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Is touring really that fun anymore? They've seen the world several times.  Seems like they don't have time to enjoy their money. I'd say it's just a job at this point. Kinda sad life in my book to be rushed around the world to make more money they'll never enjoy. There will never be another album.  

• Sad 1

There are a ton of reasons why it makes sense to do a new album now Slash and Duff are back so I am sort of expecting one (not necessarily soon though :lol:). I wouldn't be massively surprised though if it never happens.

It's sort of how I felt about a Slaxl reunion and that did happen so there's hope as long as nobody holds their breath for it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

Is touring really that fun anymore? They've seen the world several times.  Seems like they don't have time to enjoy their money. I'd say it's just a job at this point. Kinda sad life in my book to be rushed around the world to make more money they'll never enjoy. There will never be another album.  

Any musician (famous or otherwise) that tours knows what they're getting into when they decide to go on tour. Everyone in the band chose that lifestyle and are used to being rushed around like that. Slash has said countless times that he prefers to be on the road because it drives him nuts to stay at home. Also, a lot of musicians play shows because they genuinely enjoy it. I haven't played a show in two years (I'm booking a couple for November right now), but there's a rush that you get from being on stage and playing for a crowd. I'd imagine they enjoy being on tour and playing to thousands of people 2-4x a week.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I find your lack of faith disturbing...@AxlRoseCDII

If we don't get a new album; ever. That's fucking lame. But we will.

I knew this thread was pretty bold, but I felt like I needed to say it and state my reasoning behind why I’m always saying why I think there’s no more GNR music coming

23 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think there will be new music.. Whether it will be any good or not is the big question. 

not good enough for some, hated by a fews, praised by many, discussed to death by all !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Can’t I be a fan of both? I’m a huge fan of all eras of GNR. Appetite is very closely behind Chinese for me and I’ve been listening to the illusions since I was a kid. I own all of them. Opinions are subjective man, mine doesn’t make me any less knowledgeable or any less a Guns fan than you are.

I know, I'm just screwing with you! LOL No hard feelings. :lol:

In Axl time the 10 years served plus 4 more years seems likely imo. 14 years of pain. There is  always a possibility with Axl that nothing will be released but I think he wants to do it, the lineup is right, got one zillion songs.

It's gotta be the right album and the right deal. big promotion budget. that might take some time as well. Also depends how quickly it will all come together in the studio if at all.

all things considered, if everything goes well, could be a 2022 release. 2021 if we're lucky. Late as fuck. no release ever will be a disaster of epic proportions.

Edited by Rovim

5 hours ago, Legendador said:

If Chinese Democracy is your favorite GNR album, them I guess you don't really know or like GNR.

I get it that you like it, but to say it is your favorite (the whole world says it doesn't sound like GNR). Well...

The priority was a reunion and for most of us it was more than anybody was wishing for.

One thing is right, move on! Let's move on and maybe we´ll be surprised in the future.

Up to there I keep on dreamming that Stephen Chesney is an Axl Rose persona and that this is really Axl and GNR:

They sure capture the GN'R sound! Where are they from and for how long are they around? Are they playing worldwide? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think there will be new music.. Whether it will be any good or not is the big question. 

With musicians like we have in this band it must be good, maybe not the whole album as no band releases a perfect album... besides Appetite maybe? But with Axl and Slash as the leading songwriters I can't imagine that they Will Come up with something bad? Thats not possible?? Best guitarplayer and best singer in the world hellooo? 🤣 Plus we have a solid rythm section in there! If they recreate their sound that we are used to 50% of the job is done already. Now Just have faith in the songwriting and the deep emotions in some songs in all sorts of ways and Axl supporting that with fitting lyrics and there we have an album we can be content with! 

There will be a new album.

The reason there wasn't from 2010-present was that in Axls mind he was still getting g Chinese democracy over with the audience. I think he finally considers the work on the Chinese democracy album complete as it has reached a little more people through the NITL tour.

Now that's one reason. The other thing g is that he's hot property all over again. After the release of CD his stock dropped. He wanted to release the music he wanted, the way he wanted and he knew that his position for demanding such a thing was damaged so he stalled and held back releasing a follow up. Now however, he's on top and he can push the label for a better deal and get what he wants.

Finally, if there wasn't going to be a record, Slash would avoid the question or just come out say it. He's doing so many interviews and in each one generally confirms that he's writing material for a new record and he confirms that both he and Axl have both discussed the idea of doing one. 

Basically, a new album is not a done deal until it's recorded and gets through the label red tape, but! It's very much planned in the medium term. Putting a year on it? 2020? Who knows! but I'm guessing they realise that with their age they can't hold on too long.

5 hours ago, Legendador said:

If this isn't Guns N' Roses, it's the best knockoff of them I think I've ever heard. The singer really has a number of Axl's vocal styles down to a T.

I remain convinced that when GN'R do release new music, it will be under some kind of bizarre band name, so as to avoid having people trying to find it online and stealing it.

Edited by Old_school_gnr_fan

Just now, GNRmello77 said:

With musicians like we have in this band it must be good, maybe not the whole album as no band releases a perfect album... besides Appetite maybe? But with Axl and Slash as the leading songwriters I can't imagine that they Will Come up with something bad? Thats not possible?? Best guitarplayer and best singer in the world hellooo? 🤣 Plus we have a solid rythm section in there! If they recreate their sound that we are used to 50% of the job is done already. Now Just have faith in the songwriting and the deep emotions in some songs in all sorts of ways and Axl supporting that with fitting lyrics and there we have an album we can be content with! 

For me quality was never a problem in guns. I guess it takes time to really bring it to the finish line and not just for artistic reasons. It's a big entity and the gn'r camp is more calculated than ever. I feel like this is the lineup that's gonna do it until the band is done and that this is the lineup Axl was waiting for, but it still won't change his approach to making and releasing his music.

Axl seems like the type of musician that knows when it's right when he hears it and is willing to wait until it's fully completed...

Edited by Rovim

Lets see what happens November 23rd.

Last 3 official releases have been this date. 

Would also line up nicely for the end of NITL and start of a new tour next year. 

Heres hoping. 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1