Face Reality - There Will Never Be Another GN’R Album

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I kind of think having Slash and Duff back in the mix might inspire Axl a bit.. Plus all the passion from the shows all around the road the last 2 1/2 years may inspire him as well.  I just wish they would continue what they started and at least get Izzy back in the mix somehow.. I would love one last true Gn'R album to bookend their career but having Fortus, Frank and Smurfette part of it taints the excitement a bit. 

^^^^ plus one. Slash has said he wants to do an album and tour cycle just like he does with SKMC. The hard part is how long axls voice will be in good form for. Plus i think axl wants to work with angus young again so i think it just depends how much axls voice can standup over time say the next 5 to 10 years. If guns do another album i hope for a double album as a way of releasing more product and for the fans. I think izzy would be involved and hoping the album would be geared towards the fans with izzy in mind. Im sure izzy has stacks of stuff on tape with masking tape "guns n roses only" if ever he gets the call. But having frank and melissa involved is the unfortunate part.

16 minutes ago, wasted said:

It is kind of strange to hear AFD and UYI sounds on Slash’s solo albums. 

It makes me feel like if he does work with Axl it will be in a more progressive way. 

I think there would be some ballads. . But thought axl would have used CD as an outlet  for those sort of songs.

33 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think there would be some ballads. . But thought axl would have used CD as an outlet  for those sort of songs.

I just don’t think Slash or GNR will be repeating themselves. Progressive might be the wrong word. I hear things on Slash solo stuff which is more...reminds me of other GNR songs which I don’t think has ever happen with GNR. Each record is unique. 

Somehow the mix between Slash and Duff with Frank/Fortus will produce something new. In a way all of GNR’s albums are progressive in terms of mixing styles. Nothing really fits a genre. 

Even after the reunion, I knew there wasn't going to be any new music. Axl is Axl and he'll never change. Slash will continue doing his side projects to release new music. Honestly, I'm not sure I want the current lineup making music in GNR's name anyway. Its disappointing and just plain sad we haven't gotten Izzy after all this time. I realize he probably doesn't want to do the full time tour thing, but it doesn't even appear like they are on good terms with him. No guest appearances or anything. I could deal with him not being a regular touring member and just do some guest appearances here or there if he still helped write music and played on future albums, but we'll never get that either. 

It's bizarre, that if to be an outsider, reading random comments, you may think that Guns N' Roses = Izzy Stradlin and what we've got today is a collaboration kinda of Queen + Adam Lambert/Paul Rodgers...   

Edited by nikothebellic

I wouldn't go as far as saying it will never happen, I mean Chinese Democracy happened.

Surely having Slash and Duff play on some of the other songs in Axl's vault would be easier than writing new stuff.

Who really knows with this band? I honestly think that even Axl doesn't know most of the time.

• Like 1

The most negative thing that can happen, is that we'll get just 1 single or 2 instead of an album.

The most positive thing that can happen, is that we'll get a double album like UYI''s

The most possible thing that can happen, is that we get an album with 11-14 tracks, but it will still take a couple of years for it to come out.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, History2010 said:

It's absolutely amazing to me that people still think Izzy will show up "if he gets the call" lmao.

I thought it was common knowledge that unless he gets equal split of the money, he won't be there. But I guess not

I would like to think if izzy gives any input to any studio recordings he would get the usual writing credits.

5 hours ago, History2010 said:

It's absolutely amazing to me that people still think Izzy will show up "if he gets the call" lmao.

I thought it was common knowledge that unless he gets equal split of the money, he won't be there. But I guess not

if GN'R put on a FREE show or two then Izzy will turn up if he gets the call.

i have been to 5 GN'R shows after Izzy left the band and he has been at 3 of them. 

offering him less money is just insulting and i dont blame him for saying "eff off". 

the day the big 3 stop looking at their bank accounts and decide to give the fans a freebie where there is no money involved and everyone is equal then Izzy will be there. 

6 hours ago, donny said:

the day the big 3 stop looking at their bank accounts and decide to give the fans a freebie where there is no money involved and everyone is equal then Izzy will be there. 

There has been absolutely zero indication that this would be the case. It's nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of fans.

I just don’t think Axl would indicate wanting to do an album then Slash confirms that then they just fail? That’s not Guns n fuckin roses, that’s how i roll. I know they have matured but they aren’t going out like that? 

On the other hand what reunion record really mattered? 

Just now, wasted said:

I just don’t think Axl would indicate wanting to do an album then Slash confirms that then they just fail? That’s not Guns n fuckin roses, that’s how i roll. I know they have matured but they aren’t going out like that? 

On the other hand what reunion record really mattered? 

I agree. The question is will it be new material, will it be old stuff or a mix of both will be the question.

Just done watching the Queen biopic. 

-SPOILER ALERT-

There was this scene where Freddy went solo and begged to be reunite dwith the band after he was done with the solo albums. He mentioned that the musicians he worked with for his solo albums will do anything he asked them to, and he realizes that he didn't want that, as he wants constructive comments from his band, and not just people who says yes everything.

Axl is a big fan of Freddy, so perhaps he will be more motivated to put out something after watching the flim as a lot of things might be very relatable to him as a singer im a rock band.

I believe there will be a new GnR album as having Slash and Duff back is gonna make it a collaboration again, which will make it seem less daunting as CD.

Edited by Rapidfire
  • Haha 1