Would you agree to extend NILT to a one more leg to make it the highest grossing tour of all time or at this point "enough is enough"?

To be, or not to be...  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh yeah I forgot about the question. Yes, you have my blessing to make more money than U2. Go forth and pillage. 

Of course if I could just wave a magic wand and get them to decamp to Rio for a month to finish CD II then I’d do that. Finish III and IV too. 

Edited by wasted

I personally think they should go for the record, whether or not it’s possible with one additional leg though I don’t know. If they do manage to surpass U2, it’ll take years for anybody overtake them and it’s some achievement to have after only originally being 4 shows. 

The whole experience of seeing Guns would benefit from new music. In an ideal world something will be worked on in the next year in the hope of releasing it after Slash finishing up with Myles. At this point I don’t spend too much time thinking about it.

I have no interest in seeing GNR live before they release new music. But at the same time, I don't mind if they tour more, if they can make this the highest grossing tour of all time. I mean they've toured for so long that if they're close to reaching that goal, then why the heck stop now. Just do it and then focus on the next album after that please.

Honestly I can't see how we, the fans, would be more or less satisfied if it becomes highest grossing tour ever.

The only positive thing about it is that it would mean more people from around the globe being able to see them (assuming they play new markets) but that could be achievable without necessarily being the top grossing touring artist.

Having said that, I hope it grosses 1$ less than the Nr. 1 :headbang:

In my fantasy world, they would keep touring with several (6 or so) months of time between legs to give them time to write/produce a new record. Appetite was written as they played gigs (albeit, they lived together), so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I would hope that new material is written in a more concise manner. The longer that process is dragged out, the more tumultuous the whole affair becomes.  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 5:03 AM, Len Cnut said:

You like a band, I can't see why any fan would not want them to tour.  Your own personal perferences in terms of how they arrange their movements to one side, you don't really have the right to dictate to a postman which order he does his streets in, much less a rock band in regards to when they do or don't tour or record or take a week off.  So what are you left with, patrons and their artist, why would you not want the GnR tour to continue ad infinitum.  i mean lets face it, they're hardly the most active of bands, I would've thought you'd be happy the longer they tour.  Look, its alright all this speccy nerdy 'i want this' fuckin' bollocks but end of the day a gigs a gig innit, its music you love, being played by a band you love, you go out, get hammered and have a good time, why would you not want that option in your life?  What, cuz you'd rather the comfort of sitting at home in front of the telly knowing that, maybe, somewhere on this planet, GnR are recording an album for you to go out and buy and take home and listen to and scratch your chin and go 'hmmm, this is good!'

Its a simple equation, night out on the town getting pissed and watching GnR, or being at home catching updates (if you're lucky) about an album they're recording that may or may not be released in the next few years, with the term 'few' being open to interpretation, fuck me I know which option I'd take.

Spot on mate 

What a bunch of whining babies 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

They need to be touring when they release the album. 

How long does Slash take to make a Conspirators album? 

I would think no more than a month. Wasnt WOF made in like 2 weeks?. The difference with slash and to a certain extent the rest of the conspirators they have the same mindset and being productive when recording and record quickly while the studio vibe is fresh snd new. Not tinkering on a piece of music for 6 months. 

Edited by Sydney Fan

i voted no solely based on the fact that the money wasnt originally what gnr was all about. they did shit their own way and didnt give a fuck about setting records. i mean money was probably always a factor but just look at how many times they turned down offers and flipped the bird to the corporate media back in the day. i know things have changed and seems as though izzy said it best... right now "its all about the loot"... but these guys (axl slash and duff anyways) deserve every last penny of it... im happy for them and will go see them if NITL rolls around my way again... and although id much prefer see a different set list... different tour name... a few new/old songs... at the end of the day ill take what we got cuz when this whole thing started, theres no fuckin way i thought theyd make it past the first 3 or 4 gigs without breaking up again

7 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i voted no solely based on the fact that the money wasnt originally what gnr was all about. they did shit their own way and didnt give a fuck about setting records. i mean money was probably always a factor but just look at how many times they turned down offers and flipped the bird to the corporate media back in the day. i know things have changed and seems as though izzy said it best... right now "its all about the loot"... but these guys (axl slash and duff anyways) deserve every last penny of it... im happy for them and will go see them if NITL rolls around my way again... and although id much prefer see a different set list... different tour name... a few new/old songs... at the end of the day ill take what we got cuz when this whole thing started, theres no fuckin way i thought theyd make it past the first 3 or 4 gigs without breaking up again

I think the troubadour show was the make or break moment.

36 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I would think no more than a month. Wasnt WOF made in like 2 weeks?. The difference with slash and to a certain extent the rest of the conspirators they have the same mindset and being productive when recording and record quickly while the studio vibe is fresh snd new. Not tinkering on a piece of music for 6 months. 

I was thinking Slash doesn’t tinker that much so he will just do what he does like he did on Illusions. Slash and Duff will bring the sound associated with GNR and that’shalf the battle. Getting the right sound will calm wveryone down. 

So I think the next project Slash works on will be Guns. And he could get it done in a few months. When ever Conspirators cycle ends I would start looking out for Slash in studio with GNR headlines. 

Whether rec comp care about a new record is another. I have a feeling UYI boxset would be their next move or a NITL live blu ray. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I was thinking Slash doesn’t tinker that much so he will just do what he does like he did on Illusions. Slash and Duff will bring the sound associated with GNR and that’shalf the battle. Getting the right sound will calm wveryone down. 

So I think the next project Slash works on will be Guns. And he could get it done in a few months. When ever Conspirators cycle ends I would start looking out for Slash in studio with GNR headlines. 

Whether rec comp care about a new record is another. I have a feeling UYI boxset would be their next move or a NITL live blu ray. 

I think time isnt a factor for slash, the ginger one is the one handicap and will be the factor. Hopefully axls recording approach has changed since CD. I think the record company wouldnt care whether they do an album or not. They are taking a slice out of merch and an illusions box set priced well, not overpriced, should increase the companies coffers. Wonder if the record company is getting a cut from the tour. If guns do an album will be interesting whether its on interscope or the band setup up their own label. 

Edited by Sydney Fan

8 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think time isnt a factor for slash, the ginger one is the one handicap and will be the factor. Hopefully axls recording approach has changed since CD. I think the record company wouldnt care whether they do an album or not. They are taking a slice out of merch and an illusions box set priced well, not overpriced, should increase the companies coffers. Wonder if the record company is getting a cut from the tour. If guns do an album will be interesting whether its on interscope or the band setup up their own label. 

CD came out on Geffen in the end? There’s prob a new version of BFD records. 

Axl has talked about not working like UYI and CD anymore. You know laying down tracks for Axl to sing over is over. He wants Slash to work off vocal melodies like on AFD. So Slash will hear some demos or tracks then do his thing. So it’s over to Slash. Axl’s vocals might be done. It’s just how you mix or master it?

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think the troubadour show was the make or break moment.

idk maybe. that was just a warmup imo and not much could go wrong (except axl breaking a leg lol) it was all celebs in the crowd and there wasnt really any traveling required... coachella was the true test imo but i was almost positive that and vegas would go off without a hitch... no way in hell i would have imagined these guys travelling the world "together" for as long as they have been though