Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is it easier to circulate mp3’s? Not sure how all that usually works.

It used to be easier, in the early 2000's when internet speed limits meant lower sized files were better for sharing - but nowadays downloading full lossless FLAC files will take probably way less time in 2019 to download than those MP3s were back in the day lol

If this is true, my apologies for automatically jumping on and saying it’s bs just for seeing a few posts saying so. As a fan of GNR my hopes stay low sometimes and I get pessimistic. I’m it’s true I’m all ears and will try to be more positive.

Just now, estrangedtwat said:

I like posting here, and I'm not trying to get banned.

I'm just a skeptical person that tries to look at every situation from every angle.

You're a person with a lot of power here; I'm a nobody.

But again, for the sake of argument, let's say there are people being dishonest about stuff trying to get more songs, trying to get more info etc etc.

Maybe one of the good guys is trying to get to the bottom of things and it would help them to have a person in a position of power like yourself to back them up?

This shit goes deeper than JFK man....it's a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in an enigma.......we are through the looking glass here people!!

Trust no one.

First things first; just clarify, I have never thought of myself as having "power" here. Just want to clarify that. I didn't take it as an insult, I just wanted to clarify that :)

I totally get being skeptical, I really do. You would never get banned for being skeptical!

I just know for a fact that a lot of things are in play currently. I'm not saying everything's going to go perfectly and everyone is going to hear new songs. I'm just saying that I know for a fact a lot of positive things are in play. 

The only people being dishonest in this whole deal are the "fans" who bought copies originally with the full intent to hoard the material and charge REAL fans, thus making money for themself off of GN'Rs work. The whole "i'm holding out for trades" thing is a line of bullshit. The clear intent is to rip other fans off. Luckily, they're not the only one with copies of all of these CDs so there's hope the real fans won't be ripped off by another "fan"

• Like 3

Now...as for Zutaut not being supposed to "legally" own these files.

Ever have a friend send you a pic of their girlfriend naked?  He's like "Swear to god man...swear to fucking god you'll delete it and I'll let you see it!!"

"Yeah, shit man, of course, what kind of person do you think I am?"

"Well.....OK....but promise me!"

"Of course!!"   (fap fap fap fap)

Come on.  We all have at least ONE photo of a friend's naked girlfriend.  Nobody ever deletes that shit!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

Now...as for Zutaut not being supposed to "legally" own these files.

Ever have a friend send you a pic of their girlfriend naked?  He's like "Swear to god man...swear to fucking god you'll delete it and I'll let you see it!!"

"Yeah, shit man, of course, what kind of person do you think I am?"

"Well.....OK....but promise me!"

"Of course!!"   (fap fap fap fap)

Come on.  We all have at least ONE photo of a friend's naked girlfriend.  Nobody ever deletes that shit!!!

I've never sent a pic of my naked girlfriend to anyone I know and vice verse BUT I do get what you're saying overall.

Honestly, I'm not concerned with the how's and why's of this stuff getting out. I just want to fans to hear new music. So however it happens is fine by me!

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think that's about right.

7 minutes ago, Shackler's said:

If I understood everything correctly, the buyer saw one of the CDs on Ebay, the listing was removed and he bought the whole stash.

Unreal

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

No apology necessary on your part. If anyone should apologize it's Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. Fans of a band should just be able to buy new music from their favorite band. We should NEVER be put into these positions. Let along several times and over two decades. 

I literally think we’re the only fanbase, at least on this scale, that deals with this, unless I’m missing something. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm certain of it. It's so, SO sad. 

Maybe Van Halen fans. But the difference there is although Van Halen has not been putting out much over the last 20yrs they have an extensive catalog. 

I cannot imagine being a major musician and seeing fans so desperate to hear low quality demo tracks from the year 2000. This is insane. You are right it’s Sad. 

Just now, Arnuld said:

Maybe Van Halen fans. But the difference there is although Van Halen has not been putting out much over the last 20yrs they have an extensive catalog. 

I cannot imagine being a major musician and seeing fans so desperate to hear low quality demo tracks from the year 2000. This is insane. You are right it’s Sad. 

Yeah, the way GN'R treats it's fanbase is very sad. 

Like someone else mentioned, we subject ourselves to this though. 

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

First things first; just clarify, I have never thought of myself as having "power" here. Just want to clarify that. I didn't take it as an insult, I just wanted to clarify that :)

I totally get being skeptical, I really do. You would never get banned for being skeptical!

I just know for a fact that a lot of things are in play currently. I'm not saying everything's going to go perfectly and everyone is going to hear new songs. I'm just saying that I know for a fact a lot of positive things are in play. 

The only people being dishonest in this whole deal are the "fans" who bought copies originally with the full intent to hoard the material and charge REAL fans, thus making money for themself off of GN'Rs work. The whole "i'm holding out for trades" thing is a line of bullshit. The clear intent is to rip other fans off. Luckily, they're not the only one with copies of all of these CDs so there's hope the real fans won't be ripped off by another "fan"

That’s interesting - I was thinking exactly that. What’s to stop the original seller or the current owner from taking cash AND a copy and then releasing them once they have the dosh? They would be loaded and and the tracks would get out.

Also - if it was ME, and I was asked to deal with emptying a locker and asked to get rid of it’s contents, if I hadn’t lived under a rock and new anything about who GNR were, I’d be very tempted to copy the discs before moving them on.....

14 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

We do it to ourselves in a sense 

Yeah, that’s why if new music never leaks or comes out, I’m not gonna get too bent out of shape about it. As much as I would like to hear it, there’s more to life than that stuff...

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, Grayfox said:

Stuff like this only has information appear when the people want it to be known. The fact is, this thread was flying under the radar then it blew up yesterday. That’s because they wanted to cause a “frenzy”. There’s a lot of stuff most likely going on in the background and that’s why it’s quiet. Something will happen it’s just a matter of time before further developments. 

U seem to be fairly clued-up on this judging by your posts. What’s your gut feel - will we hear new music???

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, that’s why if new music never leaks or comes out, I’m not gonna get too bent out of shape about it. As much as I would like to hear it, there’s more to life than that stuff...

I’ve already convinced myself I’ll never hear “new” studio quality music. 

If I had any stuff I would share privately with y’all for nothing I would never try to make money off of someone else’s work period. It’s just sad that this is state we are in as GnR fans. I have bought all there albums seen 3 shows in my lifetime and have spent a good bit of money doing so but this is my band and I will always hope for the best

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

U seem to be fairly clued-up on this judging by your posts. What’s your gut feel - will we hear new music???

My gut feeling? I say we will hear something new. If I had to guess I think it will be one or two tracks only. Unless it’s some sort of miracle I don’t believe all the CDs will leak. At least not anytime soon. This also depends whose hands these CDs are actually in. I’ve read every post here and followed this thread. I’m under the impression copies are in multiple hands. If that’s the case it comes down to motives. Some are motivated by money, some could legitimately think more tracks are in the wild both of those would constitute as little leaking as possible. If we want everything it needs to be in the hands of someone who wants to say “FU, Team Brazil. We’ll treat ourselves.” Now if that happens anything could happen. But based off the little tidbits here and there I’d say we will get one or two new songs. 

• Like 1

I really REALLY wanna get excited for this guys, but part of me is afraid this is gonna end up like the whole axls laptop leak from a few years back. If I do actually finally get to hear Checkmate/Jackie Chan/Hardschool I might loose my shit lol.