2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 minutes ago, Carried Interest said:

All Oh My God needed was a killer solo. Dave's solo is just too brief, and it doesn't really add enough.

I don't think OMG neccessarily needed a solo. no, the EoD version is exactly as it should be. that short, tortured guitar "thing" fits perfectly into it :)

9 minutes ago, zombux said:

I don't think OMG neccessarily needed a solo. no, the EoD version is exactly as it should be. that short, tortured guitar "thing" fits perfectly into it :)

Interesting.. In my opinion not related to these two Maddy is missing something on the guitar side

I feel like we still didn't get a perfect mix of Oh My God, but the last version that leaked seems to be a bit better mixed than the released version.

I hope someday we get to hear the Rio 3 version of this song in studio form that supposedly is still out there.

Edited by Propaganda

1 minute ago, brownstone91 said:

Am I missing something or is it just a cleaner version of Oh My God and a studio version of Silkworms that knocks My World off the pedestal as worst GNR song ever?

Silkworms was really bad. That's not GNR by any means. 

Am I missing something or is it just a cleaner version of Oh My God and a studio version of Silkworms that knocks My World off the pedestal as worst GNR song ever?

I'll start by saying I love OMG. 

However, you might be on to something with the My World / Silkworms thing! 

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Silkworms was really bad. That's not GNR by any means. 

The fact that people are so intrigued by it makes me wonder what they typically think is great music...

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think Oh My God is a decent song and I love Josh Freese's drumming on it. When it first came out I hated it because it wasn't the GNR I grew up on, but as I got older I realized that if they had released an album in 1999 with that caliber of material it would have sold better than Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I love My World. It's not a guns song it's a great industrial song. Also UYI 2 should have ended with locomotive because of the outro. 

Also love Silkworms not because of a hypothetical remix either.

Edited by MrMojo

6 minutes ago, brownstone91 said:

The fact that people are so intrigued by it makes me wonder what they typically think is great music...

I think Oh My God is a decent song and I love Josh Freese's drumming on it. When it first came out I hated it because it wasn't the GNR I grew up on, but as I got older I realized that if they had released an album in 1999 with that caliber of material it would have sold better than Chinese Democracy.

If you like KMFDM, Prodigy, NiN, Korn, Rob Zombie you'll like Silkworms. 

I honestly thought you were going to ask my opinion on other GNR material lol

Me no haha, I'll respect peoples opinions. I like silkworms or the hypothetical version that may exist one day because it's gritty and has tons of rawness. It's not perfect but it's a hard track even if it does sound incomplete. OMG is great too but it's just missing something. CD around 99/01 would have been ideal. Hope alt versions and or material gets released in this lifetime.

Silkworms is a great song! I prefer Silkworms to Shacklers Revenge, IRS, Scraped, Sorry, Prostitute, If The World or Riad any day of the week....

If Axl did this song with Duff and Slash, you wouldn't have so many effects and you would have a great Punk Rock song, like any song of the Spaghetti Incident.

Quite frankly with the effects on it's still much better than what I listed above from Chinese Democracy in my opinion! I'm guessing some of the songs from the Chinese Democracy were Axl's shot to fit into that whole new metal era. 

Edited by Propaganda

1 minute ago, Propaganda said:

Silkworms is a great song. I prefer Silkworms to Shacklers Revenge, IRS, Scraped, Sorry, Prostitute, If The World or Riad any day of the week....

Shackler & Riad need work in my opinion even though I love them.