2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Isn't the first time I'll disagree with a fellow GNR fan and it won't be the last lol

Lol, well on the plus side, I agree with you about Finck :lol:

If you don’t mind me asking what do you think is the worst Guns song lyrically?

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I find myself listening to Silkworms more than I ever have. Not every song needs to have some deep meaning or brilliantly written lyrics. 

A completed version is something I'd be interested in, for sure.

I agree! Silkworms might not be a lyrical masterpiece, but it's not even supposed to be. What I like about Silkworms is the energy of the song. That's what it's all about!

• Like 1

I still think that even though many fans see silkworms as the antithesis of traditional GNR that a rocky version would be awesome. 

Think of the way Slash kinda rocked up the sound of the main Chinese Democracy riffs - then imagine Slash playing the main riff to this song - I can picture him giving it a kinda Led Zep "Whole Lotta Love" kinda feel to the rhythm part that could make it very rock.

On 15/06/2018 at 11:48 AM, GNRfanMILO said:

Made by @zombux

00Ue8JB.png

he only forgot the 15sec snippet of silkworms that leaked in September 2017 (A part of BBF'S guitar solo)

On 16/06/2018 at 2:54 PM, Powerage5 said:

It's absurd how many times I've listened to Silkworms...

I make these words my own.

9 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Do we know if this is the later version of OMG Axl spoke of? He said it had new vocals and stuff right? If so I'd say the version in the right channel is just an alternate version of the released song? 

There's still the '01 n' '03 versions out there. Maybe a 06.... My bet is that his new vocals are on one of these.

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Off the top of my head? Shotgun Blues. 

You can suck my ass.

In all seriousness though, I like Shotgun Blues despite some stupid lyrics because of the energy of the song. Kind of the same reason people seem to be liking Silkworms. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

You can suck my ass.

In all seriousness though, I like Shotgun Blues despite some stupid lyrics because of the energy of the song. Kind of the same reason people seem to be liking Silkworms. 

Shotgun Blues = Get In The Ring for me. I like a lot of the ideas going on with the music but the lyrics are just.....not good.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, zombux said:

more info, please?

Lemme find it and I'll hook you up. 
It leaked as a vocaroo clip, as far as I remember.

I remember not so long ago some people discussin' 'bout Rhiad N' The Bedouins with new BBF / Big B solos and what it sounded like.

I'm wonderin' if those are still around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

he only forgot the 15sec snippet of silkworms that leaked in September 2017 (A part of BBF'S guitar solo)

I make these words my own.

There's still the '01 n' '03 versions out there. Maybe a 06.... My bet is that his new vocals are on one of these.

The 2006 version of Silkworms was what leaked.

There's another version with a long intro dated from 2001, without Bumblefoot. Part of the intro already leaked and you can find it on youtube very easily. 

Edited by Propaganda

1 minute ago, Propaganda said:

There's another version with a long intro dated from 2001, without Bumblefoot. Part of the intro already leaked and you can find it on youtube very easily. 

I don't think that one is legit, it's rather fanmade. but of course feel free to prove me wrong :)

5 minutes ago, zombux said:

I don't think that one is legit, it's rather fanmade. but of course feel free to prove me wrong :)

It's legit! Firstly, because it's too perfect to be a fanmade. Then you can watch the House of Blues 2001 show Silkworm's intro.

If you take out the audio from the video and boost the volume a bit, while taking out most of the crowd noise, and compare it with that intro Clip on Youtube. You'll see that the intro is equal to the live version. Only on the live version is cut in half. Probably the studio version intro is like Chinese Democracy (The Track) intro. It's a bit longer. ;)

Edited by Propaganda

3 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

It's legit! Firstly, because it's too perfect to be a fanmade. Then you can watch the House of Blues 2001 show Silkworm's intro.

If you take out the audio from the video and boost the volume a bit, while taking out most of the crowd noise, and compare it with that intro Clip on Youtube. You'll see that the intro is equal to the live version. Only on the live version is cut in half. Probably the studio version intro is like Chinese Democracy (The Track) intro. It's a bit longer. ;)

I remember many (and I mean, MANY) people were trying to "make" a "studio" version during all those years. so I find it really hard to believe such thing. mainly because the supposed "leak" had no real publicity during all those years...

34 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

he was talkin about oh my god, propaganda.

8 hours ago, Chunder Monkey said:

I still think that even though many fans see silkworms as the antithesis of traditional GNR that a rocky version would be awesome. 

Think of the way Slash kinda rocked up the sound of the main Chinese Democracy riffs - then imagine Slash playing the main riff to this song - I can picture him giving it a kinda Led Zep "Whole Lotta Love" kinda feel to the rhythm part that could make it very rock.

It's not the music that's the worst part. It's the lyrics that ultimately ruin it. Piss-poor. 

51 minutes ago, zombux said:

I remember many (and I mean, MANY) people were trying to "make" a "studio" version during all those years. so I find it really hard to believe such thing. mainly because the supposed "leak" had no real publicity during all those years...

I'm pretty sure that intro is legit. Came from someone of who was lurking at the Eat my Silkworms website back in the day.