2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, Propaganda said:

The 2006 version of Silkworms was what leaked.

There's another version with a long intro dated from 2001, without Bumblefoot. Part of the intro already leaked and you can find it on youtube very easily. 

We were talking about OMG. 

6 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

he only forgot the 15sec snippet of silkworms that leaked in September 2017 (A part of BBF'S guitar solo)

so indeed another snippet of Silkworms already leaked in 2017, albeit again manipulated a bit. odd that I haven't noticed that one to be honest.

30 seconds length, the first 16 seconds is the old leaked snippet from 2013, the rest is another part (not direct continuation of the first part), including a few BBF's licks. 

the thing is, this leak is mono only and was probably "edited" by the hoarders by baking both channels into only one. that's probably why I don't consider it worth mentioning in the "list" - same about the initial dual mono leak that occured 2 weeks ago.

besides that, no changes, still the very same version. thank god all these half-assed snippets, edits and teasers could be finally replaced by the complete real deal :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, username said:

It's not the music that's the worst part. It's the lyrics that ultimately ruin it. Piss-poor. 

Personally I enjoy the occasional Axl rant. 

I mean this is definitely from the "Shotgun Blues" / "Back Off Bitch" / "Get in the Ring" / "Right Next Door to Hell" side of Axl's brain, as opposed to the "November Rain" / "This I Love" / "Don't Cry" side....but it's that juxtaposition...the sweetness in some songs, the venom in others..that  I always liked about the band....the roses....and the guns that go with them I guess!

• Like 1

I was listening to this OMG today, not bad, kind of slower, more pounding drums and clearer guitar parts and vocals. Feel like it needs a Rob Zombie element just simplify and rock it out more. Theres some cool guitar work to get into. Maybe it’s only half the track or something. 

1 hour ago, MrMojo said:

Can anyone who heard this in full tell me what they thought? Always been curious as to how a full version sounded.

Great song! I was blown away! Obviously, on the chorus you feel like something's missing, but the song is pretty innovative if you ask me.

The acappela is awesome (I wish it lasted longer), probably the best moment of the song. I usually don't like what Bumblefoot adds to the songs too much, except for Catcher in the Rye, but on this one he completely nails it.

it's a pretty straight forward, simple lyrics, Rock N'Roll/Punkish/Electronic song. It sounds like a futuristic "Down on the Farm" to me.

If you had me choosing between Silkworms, Scraped, Shackler's Revenge or Sorry. I would have picked Silkworms all the way! Not that I don't like the other songs, but I feel Silkworms should have been released on Chinese Democracy. It's more creative and in a strange way, it sounds more like Guns N'Roses. It's also ballsy of Axl to do a song like this.

If they did this song with Slash and Duff they would transform this song into something that would sound like it came out of the Spaghetti Incident, however I do like the song as it is.

Edited by Propaganda
  • GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Great song! I was blown away! Obviously, on the chorus you feel like something's missing, but the song is pretty innovative if you ask me.

The acappela is awesome (I wish it lasted longer), probably the best moment of the song. I usually don't like what Bumblefoot adds to the songs too much, except for Catcher in the Rye, but on this one he completely nails it.

it's a pretty straight forward, simple lyrics, Rock N'Roll/Punkish/Electronic song. It sounds like a futuristic "Down on the Farm" to me.

If you had me choosing between Silkworms, Scraped, Shackler's Revenge or Sorry. I would have picked Silkworms all the way! Not that I don't like the other songs, but I feel Silkworms should have been released on Chinese Democracy. It's more creative and in a strange way, it sounds more like Guns N'Roses. It's also ballsy of Axl to do a song like this.

If they did this song with Slash and Duff they would transform this song into something that would sound like it came out of the Spaghetti Incident, however I do like the song as it is.

Thank you! Haven't heard the full thing apart from what's already out there but sounds promising. Love Silkworms.

6 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Thank you! Haven't heard the full thing apart from what's already out there but sounds promising. Love Silkworms.

It's a great song! I think Axl really pushed his creativity to the next level on this one. Never in a million years did I think I would see Axl doing a song like this, and considering this song was first made (the original one) in 2000. It makes me think how would it fly by, during the whole new metal era, if Chinese Democracy had come out then. It would sell for sure!

12 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

It's a great song! I think Axl really pushed his creativity to the next level on this one. Never in a million years did I think I would see Axl doing a song like this, and considering this song was first made (the original one) in 2000. It makes me think how would it fly by, during the whole new metal era, if Chinese Democracy had come out then. It would sell for sure!

Well, it wasnt really made by him...

What about "this song was put together by Mr. Chris Pittman and Dizzy Reed"?

23 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

And 'Better' is a Robin Finck song.

The shocking one for me is Dizzy wrote the piano on SOD. 

Musically Axl wrote Catcher, Madagascar, TIL, Prostitute, he may have written an early version of the TWAT riff. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

I can see Axl writing the very, very basic guitar parts but not anything beyond that.

He wrote catcher, TIL, Prostitute on piano. The CD trilogy. 

14 minutes ago, Faxl Rows said:

Can someone edit the chorus from the Evader mix into the leak? Where he made Axl sing "What can I do with a bitch like you" using existing vocals. It was fucking mint. 

Guns fans write their own album. All we need are the basic tracks and garage band on mac. 

16 minutes ago, Faxl Rows said:

Can someone edit the chorus from the Evader mix into the leak? Where he made Axl sing "What can I do with a bitch like you" using existing vocals. It was fucking mint. 

I can't understand wanting to hear it so bad that you listeb to fanmade things.

I go from the demo to the live version. Back and forth, lol.