2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

7 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

What's the consensus on this? Some have said this is Atlas. 

1 minute ago, axlsalinger said:

Axl's raw vocal take without filters.

Astaroth from Mago de Oz... how can people mistaken Jose Andrea with Axl Rose??? 

1 hour ago, NeonKinight said:

now we're allowed to post links??

YouTube videos are okay, links to download are not. When it's on YouTube it's their problem, not ours. When we have a link to a download available, it's our problem as we're helping distribute the material, in a legal sense. 

• Like 1

• downzy unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Finally managed to find Oh My God after scouring the web.

I feel really bad saying this, but Bumblefoot's a great human being I'm sure. However this is just a step above the abomination which was his re-recording of Brian May's version of Catcher in the Rye. The music was fantastic originally Axl, why was this re-recorded indefinitely?

Are there any new vocals or at least distortion taken off the vocals

I just want to say, I'm really loving Silkworms and OMG. I love the hard driving, schizophrenic type of songs. I want more of this! Not necessarily under the GnR name, but I'd love to hear all the crazy stuff Axl came up with during those years. Axl, we will pay you for this, just release it under the name Axl Rose and do a little club tour when Slash goes back to his band. That is, if the AC/DC thing doesn't happen.

• Like 3

This frenzy of activity from a dead creative entity is fun...The songs are unfortunately a decade more out of date now than they were a decade ago, I'm afraid.

The sales numbers won't be there to justify it, but, they should put out a nice set to close the book on this era once and for all. 

It would also be a heck of a lot easier to assess all of this material together in a box of some sort, all within the context of its own time period, than it currently is in the drips and drabs that all of the board old-timers like myself have been dealing with since 2004.

16 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

This frenzy of activity from a dead creative entity is fun...The songs are unfortunately a decade more out of date now than they were a decade ago, I'm afraid.

The sales numbers won't be there to justify it, but, they should put out a nice set to close the book on this era once and for all. 

It would also be a heck of a lot easier to assess all of this material together in a box of some sort, all within the context of its own time period, than it currently is in the drips and drabs that all of the board old-timers like myself have been dealing with since 2004.

Why can't this just be a digital release plus limited vinyl. Surely the costs of that wouldn't be too great?

23 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Sad to see Guns described this way. Totally true, but still sad.

Good to see you again, Towelie.  Haven't been around in a bit.  Sad, yes, but, we've sort of had twelve to fifteen years of slow wind-down to help with the pain, so, it's not all bad.  We get little jolts of joy like this from time to time.  You've been around, you know the way we roll.

15 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Why can't this just be a digital release plus limited vinyl. Surely the costs of that wouldn't be too great?

John Zorn is releasing his 11-cd Book of Angels, Volume 3 set this way via Pledge Music.  This would sort of be an ideal way to go here, IMO.

The people that want it pay to manufacture it, and it'd be made to order.

I think this is the best chance we have, short of some sort of extremely unfortunate posthumous release.