2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

7 hours ago, Amir said:

I get the impression that a whole bunch of people were holding onto this shit, trying to trade for the big guns like The General, Atlas, etc., but no one had anything. Now with the reunion, these tracks and the likes of the HOB 2001 show have plummeted in value, so people are just leaking it. The time for trading this stuff for anything worthwhile has passed by, now the hot thing will be anything with Axl + Slash, which I doubt is out there.

I honestly think the likes of Atlas are just sitting with some random sound engineer who doesn't give a shit about GNR.

I remember before a live performance of Riad N' the Bedouins Axl said something like "...this is a song we like to play for fun", which implies he was almost embarrassed by it

Now if THAT made the album, I'm guessing whatever didn't make the album was even worse than that

Didn't Bumblefoot say that there was 1 more track they wanted to put on the album, but they ran out of room on the disc (I'm thinking either General or Atlas)

4 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I remember before a live performance of Riad N' the Bedouins Axl said something like "...this is a song we like to play for fun", which implies he was almost embarrassed by it

Now if THAT made the album, I'm guessing whatever didn't make the album was even worse than that

Didn't Bumblefoot say that there was 1 more track they wanted to put on the album, but they ran out of room on the disc (I'm thinking either General or Atlas)

it was Bumblefoot talking about Atlas, I've just read that quote earlier today. http://www.gnrevolution.com/song.php?id=5203

1 minute ago, Sledge said:

Wait are they edited by the leakers?

Basically one of the channels had a rough demo of the song in it, the other had guitar parts bbf was working on for it. The leakers deleted the channel with bbf and made the demo mono. That's my understanding, anyway. 

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

Basically one of the channels had a rough demo of the song in it, the other had guitar parts bbf was working on for it. The leakers deleted the channel with bbf and made the demo mono. That's my understanding, anyway. 

yes, basically it's exactly as you write. the original unedited thing can be heard as snippets in that 2013 leak.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

just like they did with going down.

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

just like they did with going down.

I recall having a version of that song that had the guitar in the left channel. Don't know if I have it now though. 

Edited by Jw224

My theory was close to those mentioned above. So basically, the hoarders are getting desperately clever. The value of the Chinese era demos has dropped after the reunion. It's like stealing a painting then taking a selfie with your head obscuring part of it?

6 minutes ago, Sledge said:

My theory was close to those mentioned above. So basically, the hoarders are getting desperately clever. The value of the Chinese era demos has dropped after the reunion. It's like stealing a painting then taking a selfie with your head obscuring part of it?

Maybe in a sense. There could be several factors at work here. 

1. The people who had the demos removed the bumble channel to create alternate versions with BBF. Then that’s what we got when it leaked.

2. Prior to sending songs out they were edited to know who leaked it.

3. Or it could be a power trip. Aka you give me “this” or things are going to pop up. Bluff was called and songs got leaked but edited as a taste.

Songs like these and other demos of songs off Chinese Democracy definitely have lost their value. Especially since RB multitracks leaked for the Chinese Democracy songs. At this point anything that has been heard in one form or another holds no value. Except in the form of “I have this and you don’t.” Unless the song has never been heard in any form prior I can’t see any hoarder making money off the tracks. In less than a year Madagascar, Silkworms and Oh My God leak to lukewarm reception. If regular fans don’t care and don’t want the “collectors” won’t. I’d say I’m almost positive over the next year you’ll see more demos leak out. Don’t hold me to it but I’m almost positive there’s another demo of Oh My God from 2003/04 that’s out there. So for ChiDem era fans I’d say this is a good start towards hearing alt versions.

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

@zombux do you know what is that guitar solo that comes after OMG in the 3 minute preview clip?

I don't have that "compilation" anymore, but if there's an instrumental solo or two, those should be Ballad of Death and Mi Amor, both by DJ Ashba (he played them during his stint with the band as guitar solos during the shows). but the general opinion is those are fakes.

On 06/06/2018 at 10:28 PM, RussTCB said:

Yeah, they'll make their way around. We just can't have anything to do with spreading them is all :)

You can't honestly think the band would care? We all saw what happened when someone on this forum thought they were important in the context of Guns N' Roses.