2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

14 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

That's not an answer. Haha. So I'm just hearing things, huh? Fiiiiiine. But if he IS singing something there, any idea what he's saying exactly? I know it's brief, but I'm curious. 

He is singing something yes.... it kind of makes me think like he's re-borning on that moment of the song. Like when you re-born with the holy water and everything in the sea, but then he turns the devil again and.....  (Parasitic demons sucking acide through your heart,  Fucking breath taking that what you are, pussy full of maggots isn't that Absurd.... ABSUUUURD ABSUUUURD!! ) LOL! :rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

So where did these leaks actually come from, and were they initially leaked on here?

No real idea where they actually came from but I'm guessing most people go through this site because it's the biggest one, so it gets the fastest attention. 

4 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

I still say the entire "Portugal hoaders" story is all BS!.  By now, something would have leaked, been sold to someone who would have shared, etc.  They do not have anymore than I or any die hard has at the moment.  Just my opinion

I like the idea of them walking amongst us. Like a digital myth...The greatest trick the devil...

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, Blue Phoenix said:

So where did these leaks actually come from, and were they initially leaked on here?

This is actually a very interesting question. When they were first leaked where was it? Youtube? Who leaked them?

I'm one of the people that believes more is out there, but likely only a couple of songs (other than Axls vault).

I didn't want to start a new thread to mislead people to think that links are out there, but with a reliable source in Brando confirming that he's seen the HOB show from 2001 is crazy to me. 

Going by his tweet, I'm guessing there's a toxic story on how it was obtained. Hopefully we get to see this. That to me would eclipse Saskatoon very easily.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dean said:

I didn't want to start a new thread to mislead people to think that links are out there, but with a reliable source in Brando confirming that he's seen the HOB show from 2001 is crazy to me. 

Going by his tweet, I'm guessing there's a toxic story on how it was obtained. Hopefully we get to see this. That to me would eclipse Saskatoon very easily.

Personally i am as huge of a fan of  pre -chinese/industrial/early2000s gnr era whatever as i am of 80s and 90s and i would die to hear that show in pro. I was so excited with these 2 leaks, even though they do not have the highest quality they are at least something.

It would be cool if someone with the 2013 leak would make a mix of silkworms with the style of rir or hob where the song had the course.

So I was messing with Silkworms and Oh My God in Audacity. I was exporting Silkworms file and in doing so it brings of the metadata. In the file the song name is “2001 Street Of Dreams”. Oh My God didnt have any info in the metadata file. So it makes me wonder if 2001 Street Of Dreams will be next to leak. Just found it interesting so I figured I’d share.

4 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

So I was messing with Silkworms and Oh My God in Audacity. I was exporting Silkworms file and in doing so it brings of the metadata. In the file the song name is “2001 Street Of Dreams”. Oh My God didnt have any info in the metadata file. So it makes me wonder if 2001 Street Of Dreams will be next to leak. Just found it interesting so I figured I’d share.

I think the guy who leaked these also leaked the 2001 Maddy a few months ago, and mentioned having 2001 SoD at the time.

1 minute ago, Amir said:

I think the guy who leaked these also leaked the 2001 Maddy a few months ago, and mentioned having 2001 SoD at the time.

With any luck it will be around the corner. Personally I’d like a version with the orchestra pieces in it. But I doubt that will ever happen

1 hour ago, Amir said:

That 2001 Maddy had way better quality than this 2. That Madagascar sounded a lot like the album version for me

2 hours ago, Grayfox said:

In my old version of Audacity, the metadata of the file being rendered relates to the first file opened in that particular session of Audacity. So, maybe whoever rendered your copy of Silkworms first opened 2001 Street of Dreams in Audacity, then pulled in Silkworms, then closed SOD, then rendered Silkworms and didn't change the metadata for the new file.

46 minutes ago, evader said:

In my old version of Audacity, the metadata of the file being rendered relates to the first file opened in that particular session of Audacity. So, maybe whoever rendered your copy of Silkworms first opened 2001 Street of Dreams in Audacity, then pulled in Silkworms, then closed SOD, then rendered Silkworms and didn't change the metadata for the new file.

Thanks for the information with how it works for the metadata. So I’d say there’s a “chance” SOD if leaked could have been manipulated like the rest.

If what I was sent was what is actually being discussed here, then I'm confused.

Silkworms is a clip that someone could have made and Oh My God sounds like someone messing around with audacity. I can't even tell what's different about it. Sounds like something anyone could have thrown together. I didn't think the Madagascar thing from a few months back was something new either. The leaks in the mid-2000's when it was regular used to have discernible differences and not sound like they where thrown together by geeks on the Internet.

Do people really think they'd play to re-lease Oh My God which came out on a film sound track in 99 a decade later, just to make Axl's vocals sound slightly clearer? It's a bit of a fucking stretch. Not even re-recorded. The track is almost as old as Sympathy for the Devil at this point, time to move on.

I hope I'm wrong though and there's more that's being discussed in this thread than just a badly mixed Oh My God and a very dubious Silkworms clip? Is there a full Silkworms track that was leaked that's being discussed here?

-edit-

I didn't hear a full Silkworms track prior to this post. So ignore that part.

Edited by AtariLegend

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If what I was sent was what is actually being discussed here, then I'm confused.

Silkworms is a clip that someone could have made and Oh My God sounds like someone messing around with audacity. I can't even tell what's different about it. Sounds like something anyone could have thrown together. I didn't think the Madagascar thing from a few months back was something new either. The leaks in the mid-2000's when it was regular used to have discernible differences and not sound like they where thrown together by geeks on the Internet.

Do people really think they'd play to re-lease Oh My God which came out on a film sound track in 99 a decade later, just to make Axl's vocals sound slightly clearer? It's a bit of a fucking stretch. Not even re-recorded. The track is almost as old as Sympathy for the Devil at this point, time to move on.

I hope I'm wrong though and there's more that's being discussed in this thread than just a badly mixed Oh My God and a very dubious Silkworms clip? Is there a full Silkworms track that was leaked that's being discussed here?

With Oh My God there is a new solo and different guitar parts sprinkled, BBF added stuff however his stuff that was panned to the right channel and was the only thing on the right channel was removed

With Silkworms, it is a legit full studio version of it.  Albiet tampered with, and not fully complete, but it is legitimate

5 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Silkworms is 3mins 25secs and Oh My God is 3mins 40secs. Both are legitimate tracks. That being said they aren’t he complete work demos. One of the channels of audio with guitar fills was removed like the Goin Down demo.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If you compare these leaks to the clips from 2013, they are missing Rons guitar track but are otherwise the same, maybe a bit more compressed. So while these are interesting to hear, there are other versions out there, and these are definitely legit.

a friend with both good audio skill and knowledge of GNR stuff told me that Silkworms is completely missing Ron's guitar track, that means it was completely replaced with the other channel. on the other hand, OMG still has the track, just very low in the mix. so interestingly, SW is a tiny little bit different work than OMG at this point. I didn't check it myself so I'm selling just as I bought.

Finally found them on Reddit, the thing the struck me most was that the vocals were way too low in the mix, in Silkworms especially. Otherwise I like the new Oh My God, although I never liked Silkworms and this version hasn't changed my opinion at all.