2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

As for these new leaks, they're quite underwhelming. Really rough mixes and also incomplete since they were apparently designed to add a guitar track, drums and bass too loud and clearly work mixes. Plus probably distorted by the leaker. 

Nice to finally hear a studio version of Silkworms  though it could still be miles away from the "finished" version. 

Original version of OMG is way better, though impossible to really compare to this rough incomplete mess. 

Edited by axlsalinger

1 hour ago, The Matinator said:

Yeah I thought that too but I was trying to find the easiest way to explain it since a lot of people seemed confused about them.

I don't think any track on CD is simple. I think Ron said he added tracks on 30 songs. He played rhythmn on every track. So any studio track probably has Ron on there. Or there's a version with him on it. He's on the Riad solo with Bucket, that's what the OMG solo sounds like Ron, Finck, them Bucket has that fluid style. 

Silkworms seems like a Brain remix. But maybe Ron did a solo in 2006. I need to listen again...not sure there is a solo on Silk. There's small solo break thing that sounds like Ron. It seems like if anything Bucket parts were taken off, and this is Bumble's Silkworms workout. Maybe it's not the Brain remix of Buckethead's version, it's Constanzos edited version with Ron on guitar. Same goes for OMG but Bucket is part of the composite solo. You can hear Ron in the breakdown. 

These are two real grinders. Could used on side 2 like the Scraped/Riad combo. 

Pitman is probably leaking these from a towel decorated bunker in San Fran. Beta's Barn next. 

Edited by wasted

9 minutes ago, Theleech said:

It’s good to finally hear Axls raspy voice higher in the mix of this OMG

great quality, makes me wonder if everyone is listening to the same leak.

The copy I originally got was a phone recording of the song being played from a computer that wasn't very audible. 

6 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I put OMG leak over OMG official on audacity and I barely hear any differences.  How the hell is this even a remix?  It's just the same damn song just muddier sounding.

I agree. Put both playing at the same time and no difference, just worse mixing in the new one.

I ripped the OMG from youtube and when played on windows media player it shows picture of, "White Knight, Instrumental covers of Guns n Roses" what is that?

Edited by Litti

I just did a little more comparing.

Remember the 15 seconds of it we got about 5 years ago?

That little clip had a left and right channel.

This new version that was just released seems to match the left channel, but it's been doubled up.  It's completely missing the right channel.  Half of the song is missing.

• Like 1

These leaks probably have shit quality or missing stems so the originals can retain their value in the collector's market.  This is like a teaser.

This version of Silkworms being a Brain remix would make sense, considering how fun the percussion and bass sound in that version :P

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

I just did a little more comparing.

Remember the 15 seconds of it we got about 5 years ago?

That little clip had a left and right channel.

This new version that was just released seems to match the left channel, but it's been doubled up.  It's completely missing the right channel.  Half of the song is missing.

that's what I'm writing here since yesterday ;)

about Brain remixes - no, this SW and OMG are not Brain remixes - he stated to have remixed 6 songs, 5 of them are known. but these were supposedly part of some "remix album", which would include both Brain remixes and other remixes.

reportedly, Blood in the Water leaked with track number 3, SW and OMG were supposed to be 9 and 10 (or vice versa, not remember exactly).

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

I don't think this is the "remix" at all.

I think it's just a cell phone recording of someone playing the original, and then they messed with the levels in an editor.  It's even called "Oh My God Edit."

I think Silkworms is real but I'm calling bullshit on OMG.

It's clearly not a bullshit. There's even the new guitar parts we've heard on that 15 second leak down in 2013...it's official. The quality sucks? no doubt of that.

• Like 1

In fact, it's missing some parts on both songs, so it can retain it's value on the collectors black market²
But at least folks, we have the songs in brick n' mortar. No more waiting.

Edited by NeonKinight

I think this was basically a negotiation gone wrong. That is why we've got these songs the way we did, and with this kind of quality.

And that seems to be our only chance of getting anything of what's out there... if a negotiation between traders/hoarders goes wrong and one of them ends up leaking the song to screw the other one.

Edited by Propaganda

Not too keen on either of the songs. I like the lyrics of OMG, but the actual sound of it... eh. :shrugs:And the lyrics of Silkworms... nah, not for me.

Really interested in Atlas Shrugged, though. Wonder if it's based on/inspired by the Ayn Rand novel?

6 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

Not too keen on either of the songs. I like the lyrics of OMG, but the actual sound of it... eh. :shrugs:And the lyrics of Silkworms... nah, not for me.

Really interested in Atlas Shrugged, though. Wonder if it's based on/inspired by the Ayn Rand novel?

W h e r e can I hear this Atlas? Not asking for a link or anything, but is the one that can be found on Ytube

Edited by Litti

13 minutes ago, Litti said:

W h e r e can I hear this Atlas? Not asking for a link or anything, but is the one that can be found on Ytube

Some people have Atlas, just ask on the right places and offer the right things $$$$

Edited by default_

28 minutes ago, Litti said:

Don't know, sorry. I haven't heard it yet, either. From what people say about it, it sounds cool, though. Hopefully we'll hear it one day!

17 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Nobody has Atlas Shrugged.

Some have, they just wont publicly share. 

Its not because you dont have some dont either. Lol Theres a lot of stuff hoarded actually. 

Edited by default_