2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, zombux said:

it indeed doesn't come from the BBF sessions. but this particular version does originate from BBF sessions mix, which in turn used and old demo from circa 2000. this "leak" has the BBF guitar removed and kind of pretends to be the old track.

found it, tks.

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Did MY WORLD sound like GNR? lol...It's Axl in the basement throwing shit and going, hmmmm

Nope.  Whatever Axl was on when he came up with My World and these other NIN sounding songs, I'm glad he either got control of it or stopped using it.  Even though CD wasn't a classic GNR album by any stretch, at least most songs sounded somewhat like GNR, or at least not 180 degrees different than GNR.

I think the reason why chidem doesn't "sound like GN'R" lies on the base guitar.

From 1985 to 1991, everything was Blues based, or with a bluesy sort of vibe on the guitars.
Now look at Chidem.
The only thing you can find in the base guitars is power chords. No blues, no jazz, just pure power chords.
Tks big b 4 that. 

• Like 1

For years I hoped Ok nevermind was going to be in the studio version :lol:

The original version of The Blues had little subtle things in the music that made it really fucking cool. Should have kept those in the final version.

• Like 2

Okay, just heard them. OMG sounds a lot like the version we already have, so I don't have much to say about it. I've always liked the song. Prefer the End of Days soundtrack version over this one.

Silkworms was very interesting. If you like Prodigy, you'll most likely enjoy this one. It sounds very much like Prodigy. If you don't like Prodigy you probably won't like this song either.

8 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Silkworms was very interesting. If you like Prodigy, you'll most likely enjoy this one. It sounds very much like Prodigy. If you don't like Prodigy you probably won't like this song either.

Invaders Must Die Axl Remix

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

i like the live silkworms better  was there ever a version of the blues with the "ok nevermind"

Ok nevermind, was Axl talking to the sound guy at RIR because something was too loud in Axls ear.

I miss the old silkworms lyrics, the new version is way too repeative. 

It's very clear that both of these songs are "missing" a guitar track.  There's no way that new middle section of OMG was designed to sound like that, it's completely empty.  Another guitar channel over that part would make tons more sense.  The same can be said for Silkworms, as much as I love hearing the bass lead that song, it just doesn't sound right.

This would further prove the theory that these are from the BBF sessions, and one of the missing channels is the missing guitar.

• Like 2

It's absolutely mind boggling to me how would someone want Axl to perform this stuff at shows. I'd rather have a good old The Who cover, or a CD ballad. That's some weird stuff, I'd bet Axl is well past that vibe at this point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

It's absolutely mind boggling to me how would someone want Axl to perform this stuff at shows. I'd rather have a good old The Who cover, or a CD ballad. That's some weird stuff, I'd bet Axl is well past that vibe at this point.

i'm so curious to discover what vibe axl is currently in

So, does anyone knows who leaked this? A while ago a guy created a thread on GNRBrasil forums saying he had these tracks (and some others) and was willing to trade or sell. A week or so after the thread those tracks leak and the thread on GNRBrasil ia gone.